September 16, 2014 | 2008 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Naturals Fresh Cleanser + Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2014 7:57:00 AM More reviews by BumblexX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall I would absolutely love this as it does a great job of removing makeup (including waterproof mascara) and leaving my face feel fresh and soft afterwards.
The problem is I have dry skin and I have noticed in the past week I've been using this, my skin has become dryer than ever before and is very flaky!
So if you have oily or combination skin, this would be a great cleanser but I definitely wouldn't recommend it for dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by arilee

A friend of mine from out of the country left this behind and I ran out of cleanser so I figured I would use it. Wow am I grateful that she forgot it. I've used this 3 times and it has made my skin look the healthiest it has since before puberty (I'm 21). I don't have terrible break outs but when I break out they tend to be under the skin or along my cheek bone area and I would have between 5-7 a month. This cleanser completely stopped all the ones on my cheeks and under the skin ones. I get about 1-2 a month now that are generally around my hairline but for the most part, all my acne is gone. Even when I do break out, they are very small and go away quickly. I also used to have pretty bad scarring from my teenage years but that also disappeared. Overall I would recommend this again for sure. I have pretty oily skin, so I'm not sure how it would react to dry skin and based on that and some reviews here, I would say it's probably not good for dry skin. Also, this will not be an acne solution if your acne is frequent or severe.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 4:25:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I will always use my Maybelline Clean Express Makeup Remover Wipes before applying any kind of liquid cleanser to my face whether or not it is meant to remove makeup. Then I will follow up with this cleanser to ensure that every bit of makeup is gone & sometimes will leave it at that & just start applying my toner etc. often times when I'm in a picky mood & don't want to use any of my medicated Benzoyl Peroxide washes I'll just use this. This smells & feels like hand soap & leaves my face feeling clean but not the squeaky kind like all of the moisture just got sucked out of me. I have very sensitive, oily skin & most face washes geared towards my skin type (oily mostly) contain alcohol & a lot of other nasty junk that I would just prefer to not put all over my face. Instead I lean towards natural/moisturizing products & am so happy that my favorite skincare brand has one for both :) the packaging could be in a tube to make it easier for traveling but for the daily this is a nice thing to put on my sink counter.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Dessen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan on this cleanser! I have purchased this three times, and will continue to do so. It does exactly what it claims to do-it removes my heavy coverage foundation and eye makeup completely and thoroughly (never irritated my eyes either) without drying my sensitive, oily, acne -prone skin. For this price, I have yet to find a comparable cleanser, and for this reason I will always be a fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by jmw2014

Takes off all of my makeup! Works better than any other makeup removers I have tried!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 1:38:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I personally like this cleanser, it's not the best ever but it is definitely not a bad one. It appealed to me more so because I've been seeking beauty products with less harsh ingredients and want something more natural or vegan and I happened to stumble upon this one..it takes all the makeup off and doesn't dry out my skin or leave or greasy. Hasn't broken me out and i've been using it for quite some time now it leaves my skin nice and soft and has a nice apple scent to it. Also, from my personal experience if you use this as a makeup remover for the eyes after a splash of water with your eyes closed (of course) it doesn't sting and takes it all off. So all in all I liked it. However!..if you have sensitive skin i don't believe this would be a good cleanser for you..despite being more on the natural side it does have fragrance like i said earlier and it probably would irritate your skin. I would recommend their ultra gentle cream cleanser instead. But if you have normal or not uber sensitive skin it's worth a try

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2014 7:33:00 AM More reviews by shish

I bought this cleanser specifically because I read on the bottle that it was gentle around the eyes and could be used as a makeup remover. Holy Moly, did it burn! How can they call this gentle? And, no didn't have my eyes open while washing ( to whoever made that silly suggestion).

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by mariacristinatoca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am breaking out like crazy after using this product for four days. Not good.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have purchased this product 3 times now and I've had a positive experience with it each time. I read some other reviews about this product saying it dries people's skin out and/or burns their eyes. I have acne prone skin, and I never had any skin irritation with this cleanser, but those of you with very sensitive skin may have a different experience based on what I've read from other people with sensitive skin. As far as burning of the eyes goes, of course your eyes will burn if you open them while applying this cleanser to your eye area. This is not a substitute for the eye makeup remover you use on dry skin with a cotton ball. This cleanser is safe to use around the eye area on wet skin while your eyes are closed. I would still recommend using an eye makeup remover and makeup removing towelette before washing your face with this cleanser so you can remove the most amount of makeup possible. I use very stubborn waterproof mascara and eyeliner, and when I have used other makeup removing cleansers in the past, I still had raccoon eyes when I got out of the shower. This cleanser removes any residue of my stubborn makeup completely. The price is a bonus as well, and many times Neutrogena products are on sale at drugstores. Everyone's skin is different, but overall I have had success with this cleanser and will continue to purchase it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
- Price ($6.99)
- 86% naturally derived
- Easy to use
- Does not cause any breakouts
- Removes make-up well (but still have to use toner afterwards)
- Nice packaging
Cons:
- Very strong scent (apple)
- VERY DRYING (My face gets very red, with red patches after using this cleanser)
- Can not be used near eyes (it will sting otherwise).
Buttom line: If it does not burn your face, this cleanser is amazing.