Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleanser + Makeup Remover

3.7

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Vegetable Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Coco Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Glycol Distearate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Potassium Sorbate, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance

on 6/30/2015 3:09:00 PM

I have to register to write a review for this product since I had a really hurtful experience with it. Besides a chemical smell which did not bring me any relax, it dried my skin badly, and broke me out. It took me months to deal with pimples and dark spots. I think it is absolutely not for sensitive and dry skin.

on 6/21/2015 9:08:00 AM

I bought this face wash because the store was all out of my favorite, the neutrogena fresh foaming face wash (blue bottle). I thought, hey natural is good! How bad can it be? Bad. Very bad. I didn't care much for the scent. I was expecting no scent since its "natural" and what I got was a fakey apple smell. Then I found that it does not completely remove waterproof mascara. The blue bottle removes EVERYTHING. And lastly, and most importantly, this face wash has broken my face out so badly!! I realized that natural does not equal non-comedogenic. Nowhere on the bottle does it say that it is non-comedogenic, which is an absolute must for me as I am very acne prone. That is my fault but I just wanted the throw it out there. If you are acne prone like me, this facial wash is probably not the best choice for you. I will not be buying this again, in fact I might not even finish this bottle. I miss my blue bottle!!

on 6/8/2015 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This face wash does feel like hand soap. It has the same smell and texture as my hand soap. The smell really bother me and it is lingering. Maybe it is because I used too much (2 pumps), I had trouble washing it off completely. My face doesn't feel clean. When I applied toner after washing, the cotton had trace of bb cream that did not get wash off. The good thing about this face wash is that it is not drying. The search for a good makeup removing face wash continues.

on 6/4/2015 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this face wash. I wear makeup and this takes it off nicely, leave my face clean but not over dry. The one con is I have bought a few where the pump does not work, so before you throw out your old one to replace it with a new one, check the pump.

on 6/1/2015 9:37:00 AM

I LOVE this stuff! It takes off my make up SO well! With absolutely no trace of eye or face make up left! Really happy i found it! :) Also the fact that it is (semi) natural makes me really happy.

My only complaint would be the price...the bottle is quite small and for the 10$ i had to pay it seemed a little much. But i don't have to buy make up removed anymore so i guess it evens out in the end!

on 6/1/2015 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I've been going back and forth to this face wash since I was 17. I'm 22 now. Whenever I'd run out, I'd try out different face washes and regret not just buying this instead. Let's be real, I don't want to spend copious amounts of time using multiple products to remove my makeup. I'd say my daily makeup routine is pretty minimal (consists of cc cream and/or powder foundation + waterproof mascara) and this face wash removes it just fine. It doesn't remove waterproof mascara with one swipe, but it does the job. I have oily skin, so it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight. Comparing it to higher end brands, I consider the price fair for how it performs on my skin. Sometimes I find it on sale at Target and drugstores, so that's also a plus. If you wear a decent amount of makeup, I wouldn't rely on this to remove everything. Aside from that, it's a pretty solid daily cleanser for oily/combination skin types.

on 5/25/2015 9:04:00 PM

If you have sensitive + acne prone skin, beware. I know it's this cleanser that gave me a horrific cystic acne breakout, because it was the only product I switched out and I have not made any drastic diet changes. My face is currently inflamed with white heads and several painful cystic acne spots and it will take several weeks for it to calm down. BEWARE!

on 5/25/2015 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product. I have dry, sensitive skin but wear a good amount of daily makeup so I want to keep it as clean as possible. I always feel like I get every nook and cranny with this stuff (I've used toner after and the cotton came off clean!) and it leaves my skin feeling clean and not dry at all (though I still moisturize afterward). Some people complain about the smell but I like it (guess it depends on the person).

on 5/22/2015 1:34:00 PM

I originally got this because my dermatologist doesn't want me using makeup removing wipes anymore as it is probably too harsh for my skin. I was also put on Epiduo so I should be using as little products as possible. I figured this would be perfect considering it's a makeup remover and cleanser in one. My skin hated this product, first off. Just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't for you - this is just my experience. I thought the cleanser itself looked a little odd, like hand soap. It even kind of smelled like it at first. It's also kind of odd that a product that claims to be natural would have a fragrance in it. Often, companies like to hide chemicals under 'fragrance' so that made me a little skeptical. I also have sensitive skin and shouldn't be using anything with fragrance anyway but not many things on the market are specifically designed for the removal of makeup, which is the reason I got it. It had a really nice lather and it DID get my makeup off. I even tested it after I cleansed my face with a makeup remover wipe and no makeup came off. Albeit I don't wear a ton in the first place, I just use concealer and powder to cover blemishes. On the downside, it was VERY very drying for my skin. Your skin should not feel super tight and dry as soon as you get out of the shower. Even my hands were super dry because I wash my face last in the shower. After one use, I'll be taking it back to the store. If you already have problems with dry/sensitive skin I would not recommend it! This is probably best for those prone to oily skin.

on 4/25/2015 2:40:00 PM

I was looking for a product to remove my makeup as I feel like the makeup removing wipes are good in a pinch but want to get a more deep clean on a regular basis. This removes my makeup very well. The only other product that seems to remove my makeup as well is Purity by Philosophy but that broke me out. So this is a good dupe for that for me that doesn't break me out. And when I say removes makeup, I mean removes makeup. A full face of makeup: foundation, powder, contour, blush and not just powder and mascara. And good for you if you can get away with just wearing powder. I have not so great skin so I have to wear a full face all the time. I don't use it to remove my eye makeup as it burns my eyes but that's ok with me to use another product for that. I would buy this again but I will probably buy something else when I use this up.