Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleanser + Makeup Remover

3.7

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Vegetable Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Coco Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Glycol Distearate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Potassium Sorbate, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance

on 5/22/2015 1:34:00 PM

I originally got this because my dermatologist doesn't want me using makeup removing wipes anymore as it is probably too harsh for my skin. I was also put on Epiduo so I should be using as little products as possible. I figured this would be perfect considering it's a makeup remover and cleanser in one. My skin hated this product, first off. Just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't for you - this is just my experience. I thought the cleanser itself looked a little odd, like hand soap. It even kind of smelled like it at first. It's also kind of odd that a product that claims to be natural would have a fragrance in it. Often, companies like to hide chemicals under 'fragrance' so that made me a little skeptical. I also have sensitive skin and shouldn't be using anything with fragrance anyway but not many things on the market are specifically designed for the removal of makeup, which is the reason I got it. It had a really nice lather and it DID get my makeup off. I even tested it after I cleansed my face with a makeup remover wipe and no makeup came off. Albeit I don't wear a ton in the first place, I just use concealer and powder to cover blemishes. On the downside, it was VERY very drying for my skin. Your skin should not feel super tight and dry as soon as you get out of the shower. Even my hands were super dry because I wash my face last in the shower. After one use, I'll be taking it back to the store. If you already have problems with dry/sensitive skin I would not recommend it! This is probably best for those prone to oily skin.

on 4/25/2015 2:40:00 PM

I was looking for a product to remove my makeup as I feel like the makeup removing wipes are good in a pinch but want to get a more deep clean on a regular basis. This removes my makeup very well. The only other product that seems to remove my makeup as well is Purity by Philosophy but that broke me out. So this is a good dupe for that for me that doesn't break me out. And when I say removes makeup, I mean removes makeup. A full face of makeup: foundation, powder, contour, blush and not just powder and mascara. And good for you if you can get away with just wearing powder. I have not so great skin so I have to wear a full face all the time. I don't use it to remove my eye makeup as it burns my eyes but that's ok with me to use another product for that. I would buy this again but I will probably buy something else when I use this up.

on 3/19/2015 1:10:00 AM

I was on the hunt for a new moisturizer, and grabbed this cleanser thinking it was just a cream makeup remover. I was intrigued when I found out it's a facewash as well, because I've been getting annoyed with going through the whole makeup removing process BEFORE my actual skincare.

Besides the bottle being damaged (the pump simply will not work, it might be due to user error but considering I haven't falcon punched it through a wall I'll just assume my pump is defective) I was pleasantly surprised with this cleanser/remover.

Having acne prone skin, I'm always attracted to products with gentler ingredients, although I'm not sure why it's perfumed. Don't get me wrong, I love the smell, it just seems counter productive.

It removed a full face of makeup in one fatal swipe, even my Benefit's They're Real mascara, which is known for being a chore to remove. Paired with the Neutrogena Naturals daily moisturizer, my skin feels clean. I like how my face feels with both of these products, not completely stripped of all moisture. I can get used to the smell as long as it doesn't break me out.

First impression, I'm pleased. I'm two washes in, and plan on using this cleanser up.

on 2/8/2015 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Been through a few bottles of this, my go to face wash. Removed most makeup, face feels clean and is not drying. Definitely recommend this product!

on 1/25/2015 11:19:00 PM

My skin generally hates anything which isn't completely bland, and prior to this I was using Purpose face wash, which I liked a lot. I'm really wanting to switch to cruelty-free products though, so when I saw that this wasn't tested on animals I thought I'd give it a go...unfortunately, it made me break out in hives. I thought the first time might be a fluke so I tried it again...hives. Eek. It might be great for other people - and points to Neutrogena for making this cruelty free - but unfortunately my skin just didn't like it.

on 1/3/2015 9:22:00 PM

This cleanser is one of the best that I have ever tried! I used to use the grapefruit acne, which is also an excellent face wash, however this one is way better than that one. This does not dry my skin out and it has an amazing scent. The ingredients in this product are natural and they do not cause my skin to break out or any other harsh reactions to my face. This product, overall, is an amazing product and I will buy again!!

on 12/31/2014 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I was so pleasantly surprised by this product. After I finished my huge bottle of CeraVe foaming facial cleanser, I wanted to look for something that wasn't quite as drying. After a huge fail with SebaMed, I settled on this. I liked that it claimed to remove makeup as well, since I really don't care for a face wash that can't even take off regular mascara. This product joined my accumulation of products I was lining up for my new skincare routine.

I can see how some would find this scent overpowering. It is quite strong, but it's not horrible for me. It removes makeup very well, and my skin feels clean, but not stripped, when I use it. This is actually the first face wash for me that hasn't left my skin feeling tight or dry after using it. I only use this at night because I don't wash my face in the mornings, but this one is part of a routine that has finally helped my skin be in its best shape (and if you're curious, my routine is: AM--nothing. Maybe sunscreen or moisturizer if I think I need some. PM--wash face, Studio 35 AHA cream, CeraVe moisturizing cream if I need it).

on 12/24/2014 7:05:00 PM

hate it hate it hate it. I don't know what it is with Neutrogena products but they clog my skin so badly. Decided to try the brand again and regretted it big time. Returned it after five uses, stay away! 0 stars

on 12/12/2014 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I enjoy this its a permanent product for me

on 12/4/2014 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Pretty good. I'm very low maintenance so as much as possible I want to remove all make up in one wash. This does that without drying my skin. And I know fragrance is not too popular with sensitive skin folks, but the fragrance on this wash is actually soothing to me. The lather is luxurious and rich. And you don't need a lot of product. Half a pump and that'll be enough for your face and neck... I'm definitely happy with this compared to the Fresh facial wash they had. That one broke me out big time. This one is actually pretty gentle compared to that.