September 17, 2014 | 1874 users online

Lip Treatments - Neutrogena - Naturals Lipbalm

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 3:31:00 AM More reviews by sunscreenandlipgloss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Back in the day, which is only a few years ago for me since I just graduated high school, anyways, I always had one lip balm that was natural, one with spf and a lip gloss. So I picked this up because it was natural and I always wanted to like Neutrogena. I liked it, it was smooth, minty, soothing and it made my lips soft. The packaging is good because it's clear so one could keep track of their lip balm progress. It conditioned the lips better than most lip balms and I used the whole tube.

When my younger brother finally admitted he needed lip balm, and we convinced him that lip balm and lipstick are not the same, this was the lip balm I bought for him. I think this no fuss lip balm is good for guys, I've recommended this to a few guy friends too. If I'm in dire need of lip balm, I'll get this again, but I purchase this for others more than myself.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by payjark

I got this for $2 and I'm pretty happy with it. I love trying new lip balms because I suffer from very dry lips. My favorites are Burts Bees and just plain Vaseline but this is kind of a mix of the 2. It has the heavier feel of Vaseline that I like and the minty feel of Burts Bees (though not as strong and tingly). The tube is clear which is nice because I can see how much balm I have left. I feel immediate moisture with this lip balm and will probably buy more, even at full price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by brandysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the faint mint scent but wish the product moisturized my lips better. This lipbalm works best under lipstick but I find I need something heavier for nighttime. I don't think this balm deserves the "best of" status it achieved. In my mind it's more of a middle of the road product. I would likely not repurchase unless it was on sale and I needed lipbalm urgently.

**Updated to add** Over time I felt this actually dried my lips and caused them to feel tight and get flaky. Maybe I'm sensitive to the mint, but I don't have the same problem with other minty lip products.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by shelvedfiction

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this lip balm! Rated Best on Paula Begoun's reviews. Made with beeswax, jojoba oil, sesame seed oil, sunflower seed oil, olive oil, shea butter, and flavor. I love the mint scent, too! The packaging is also recyclable. Only negative is it does not contain sunscreen, but I love using this at night. I use Banana Boat Sport Performance Lip Balm SPF 50 during the day. I no longer have chapped lips even during the winter. :)

Got it on clearance at Target for $2.08.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

I got this as a freebie so I really can't comment on the price. It's not a bad product. It moisturizes well and doesn't leave a waxy film on my lips. I can't get over the smell. it's kind of like apple and mint. The face wash has a pleasant apple smell that I enjoy. That mixed with mint is kind of gross. I'll continue to use it until I either lose it (always lose chapsticks) or use it up. Won't repurchase though...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by taipai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

To me this is the best lip balm i have ever used. It keeps my lips from cracking and it heavily moisturizes them. If i put it on at night i wake up and my lips are still perfectly good. The only issue i have with it is that it becomes gooey so easily with any heat, but if you manage to keep it out of the heat it is the best.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by yallagabig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I didn't really like this. I expected it to taste like the green apple scent of the Neutrogena Naturals cleanser and exfoliant, but it just tasted like mint (although it wasn't a bad taste, so I can't complain, and in fact it was one of the more pleasant-tasting mint lip balms I've tried). It went on really nicely and smoothly, and it felt very comfortable, but I didn't notice any improvement in the hydration of my lips. I feel like a good lip balm should moisturize well enough that I don't need to constantly be wearing it. But even though my lips felt moisturized while I had this lip balm on, they would start to feel dry almost immediately after I took it off. I'm looking for more of a long-term solution for dry lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Snackmeister

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This feels creamy and substantial on my lips, neither slick nor waxy but perfectly in between. The finish is more of a satin. I use this product in the morning under my lipstick or gloss and liner. It's PERFECT for sheering and evening out light applications of your more matte lipsticks. And I'm addicted to the light mint scent. It's moisturizing enough for me, but I have to add that I don't really have a problem with dry lips. However, I use Aquaphor on my lips every night because I don't believe this product is moisturizing enough for nighttime lip restoration.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by pavitt

So this is another failed lip balm/chapstick for me. The only thing that seems to work on my lips is Carmex. So I decided to try this because it was $3 at Ulta and Im trying to find a new lip balm because Carmex taste awful (but works). Like every other chapstick I've tried it doesnt soak into my lips and leaves this waxy film that peels off of my lips. I usually like Neutrogena but not this product. Will not be re-purchasing....

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by EL2016

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was a pretty good lip balm. I also got it in the Target sample bag, and it's almost gone now. The only complaint I have with this is that it didn't seem to be moisturizing enough to deal with the dry winter weather here and my lips still got peely even after constantly reapplying it.