November 25, 2014 | 1800 users online

Lip Treatments - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Lip Treatment

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in a set. I bought the set for the other products in it so this was a bonus to me. I found the packaging on this is cute, but not practical because it is tiny and hard to dig into. From the beginning I felt like this treatment had a horrible smell to it. It is not the worst smell, but it is pretty bad for something that is on my face that I can smell very easily. I have found that because of the horrible smell I never reach for this. I think it needs to have more of a fruity scent to it to improve it. I have had it for a while and I have only a small dip. When applying this it has a waxy texture to it that easily melts down. I find I still have to apply quite a bit to get a really great moisturized feeling to my lips. This is a pass for me. I think Josie has some great products, but this is not one of them.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2014 8:11:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I noticed this at sephora and thought I'd give it a shot. Unfortunately I didn't detect any green apple sent with the tester, if I had I would have never purchased it. I detest that sent. It's not strong so I figured if it was a good balm I would deal with it. I smoothed it on, I normally don't go for pot balms but once again I figured if it was good I could over look it. My lips were nice and slick and only a tiny bit glossy. But the third strike was lasting power. Unfortunately it wasn't long before I felt like I needed more. ( maybe 1 hour) I really wanted to like this but it just doesn't work for me. The only plus was the cute packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by coralipscomb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't get why people hate this product so much! I love it; it's my go-to lip treatment. It soaks in quickly, which I like; I don't like have sticky lips all day. It feels very light and natural on my lips, and it leaves my lips literally the softest they've ever been. This product probably catches a lot of flack because it's not useful when it comes to protecting your lips from the elements, it's just supposed to treat them and make them softer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by csquared14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not a good product, all around. It's in a pretty container, but that's all it has going for it. First, the jar can be difficult to open--it's quite slick, and the screw-on cover is an awkward shape. And then once you get in, the balm itself is very solid. You really have to smush your finger over it a few times to warm it up and get some (which brings up a host of hygiene questions). The process is made even more awkward by the fact that the opening is fairly small, making it even more difficult to get out product. Once you get it out, it's quite slick and oily. It made no remarkable difference on my chapped lips--Aquaphor and Smith's Rosebud Salve are a thousand times more effective. It sort of sat on top of them for awhile, before it wore off.

Bottom line: not worth it. There are a ton of expensive lip products out there. If you're in Sephora looking at this, go for Fresh or Smith's Rosebud and you'll be much better off.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by canadabanada

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was expecting more from this product. Argan oil lip balm sounds amazing right? But it's almost the last ingredient on the list so not much actual argan oil in it. It made my lips peel and searching the ingredients it has oleyl alcohol- something I suspect to dry my lips out a lot.
This is definitely not a great lip balm. 2nd Josie maran product hat has greatly disappointed me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was part of a 500 point sampler from Sephora. The container started chipping where the lid screws on and bits of plastic got into the product which really wasn't doing anything for my lips. I don't know how something emollient like this does NOTHING. I thought I would use it up on my cuticles but after three nights of sleeping with it on fairly thickly it did NOTHING again. It also started smelling really rancid so out it goes. Apparently this was a regular full size product. I don't know how much it would cost but I wouldn't even buy it for one dollar. Really nasty product. Buy a Chap Stick Deep Renewal (or any other one for that matter) and you will be way ahead.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

I said that if I ran out or lost I would repurchase, but really I am on the fence about it.

Sure it smells amazing and if I am being honest, when I forget I have it on and taste it, it isn't all that terrible either. It makes my lips silky smooth and the light color that it has is nice too.

But I only use this at night after LUSH Mint Julip lip scrub so the color really does not matter. And as a night lip treatment, it seems that it is absorbed within an hour making me reapply it multiple times throughout the night.

I think that for the 18 USD that this tiny pot costs, my money is better spent on LUSH's Lip Service which is less that half the price at 7.25 USD and definitely stays on the lips a while longer.

EDIT: I am taking this down from four lippies to two because it is definitely softening for the hour or so that this stays on, but I have pretty much given up using this since Lip Service is a superior product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by vamb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not hygienic? Don't you girls wash your hands?
This stuff is amazing! Dollar value is there, quality is there (replaced my super $$$ LipFusion XL) and results are there (moisturized all night and my husband can't stop kissing my lips when I use this balm) - what's not to love?
And the pot is cute enough to repurpose when emptyÖ
2014 update: I have gone back to LipFusion XL. While Josie's lip treatment is lovely and nourishing, I missed the intense plumping and exfoliation of LFXL (especially as an overnight treatment). I will continue to use Josie's product as an occasional moisturizer...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Happythenjaded

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dont care for the scent....not anything special. Prefer the infinity cream or moisture stick for my lips over this

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by optiplex9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I read a couple of other usersí reviews and generally agree with what most people have already written before:

Cons: Packaging--not a huge fan of how it's in a pot. Digging it out with fingers is not exactly super hygienic. Price - $18, but what else do you expect for a premium cosmetic? Itís slightly cheaper than my other favorite lip product: Fresh Sugar lip balm w/ SPF15

Pros: Aside from the packaging and price, the reason why Iím rating this product a 4 is because it has restored the fullness of my lips. I have pretty full lips, and due to my lack of negligence, have started noticing a significant amount of fine lines/shriveled up look. Not exactly attractive, but I found just by applying a little bit of this treatment before I go to bed at night, I wake up to full, luscious lips. Lines have been significantly reduced, if not disappeared. Love, love, love! Will definitely be buying again in the future!