September 18, 2014 | 1388 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Original SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by emcoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am shocked at all the bad reviews! This is the only powder I will ever use on my face! It always looks natural on me. I apply after my moisturizer (Aveeno Positively Radiant) and eyebrow (Anastasia Dipbrow - the powder helps to blend it somehow). I get tons of compliments on my skin, and no one notices my blemishes. The other day someone told me my complexion looked like dewy porcelain! That would not be possible without this foundation and the Bare Minerals Stroke of Light.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

By far this is one of the worst mineral makeups I have ever used. Maybelline coming in first and this second. It does not look natural on the skin, causes my face to get super greasy and overall the wear is terrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Schnickerfritz5

It took me a long time to figure out how to use this foundation and make it look good. I now use it without primer. I do use much more product then is suggested. I use the BAREMINERALS Soft Focus Brush and swirl it in the product that I put in the lid. I use small circular motions down the middle of my face, then my cheeks, nose and forehead. Next, I use the same brush and very lightly stroke downward to make sure all pores are covered. After that I use Original Mineral Veil in circular motions all over my face, and then stroke down again.

This takes me way less time then if I use a liquid foundation now that I know how to use the bareminerals. During the day I touch up one time with original Mineral Veil again and a little kabuki brush from Sephora.

I've tried going back to liquid or to MAC studio fix powder foundation, but I ALWAYS come back to this.

For me it just took using the right brush for my skin and some practice.

I also use the Bareminerals skin care with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by bonn2585

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like Bare Minerals. I had tried it a few years ago and hated it. I thought it looked cakey and unnatural. However, these past few years I have been going through really bad acne breakouts and decided to throw a lot of makeup away and start over to see if I can figure what is causing it. Well I decided to give Bare Minerals another try and I really like it this time around. I finally figured why I hated it in the past. I was not matched with the correct shade! I wear golden tan and it is perfect. Now I can't even tell it is on. I do use a different brush though. I use Sephora's mineral brush as I feel it applies so much better and it gives a better coverage as well. The best part? It does not break me out and no oil slick either :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Kayyy45

Suprised at all the bad reviews. This is my favorite foundation. I have a lot to cover on my face and it does the job yet doesn't look cakey AT ALL. This product makes your skin glow without looking oily. I love it so much. The mineral veil over it makes it even better

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by VidaGrey

This makeup looks awful on almost everyone. As a MUA, I'll never understand why anyone would opt for this. Fine lines, dry skin, bumps...all amplified with this stuff. When I used it many moons ago it made me oily and itchy even with primer. It's also super messy. There are a million better products, so skip this and find something that accentuates your wonderful features instead of your flaws.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by msyu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I used this product years ago, back when it first came out, dont know if it reformulated-it was a good product. Good buildable coverage, no chemicals, natural color. I did repurchase this more than 3 times, over the course of over 1 year. I just don't like buffing my face with a brush, felt too aggressive so I stopped using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by erinmikk

I have been using this product for almost 2 years. I would wear just the minerals with nothing underneath. My dermatologist recommended it to me and at first I loved it. However., I soon realized that the only thing it was doing for me was making me orange and looking oily midday!! Also fishing out $27 every couple months for makeup was not ideal. Now I use rimmel stay matte pressed powder over bb cream and I love it!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by evvybuns

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the idea of applying a powder foundation with a brush, and this filled the bill just fine in that regard. My problem with Bare Minerals is that the shade for light skin with cool undertones (Fair) is too yellow. The coverage was good and felt nice on my skin, but the shade is unnatural on me.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by kittycatx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried both the matte and the original bare minerals. I use the matte every day, I love it. It's really the same thing but I feel like the origonal has more sparkle to it. It covers everything, it looks airbrushed. I love this foundation in matte, just not original!