January 28, 2015 | 1952 users online

Fragrances - Yakshi Fragrances

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2015 11:13:00 PM More reviews by LightPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love these all natural fragrances. I have tried a handful and have enjoyed them all. I find most of them long lasting and some need to be applied with a light hand. I don't remind reapplying anyway because it is fun and refreshing. I even have fun mixing and matching them too. I also wear them with my various bath & body works lotions and fragrance mists. I apply a decent amount on my neck and let my long hair touch it and it makes my hair smell so pretty for a long time. I'm pretty sure only I can smell it but I do enjoy getting a whiff of it when I move around.

I often bring one with me each day and throw one in my purse and never had one leak ever. Never had a problem with the scent going bad or changing either. I think the quality of the perfume oils is excellent.

My boyfriend much prefers these type of perfumes on me and thinks they smell very nice. He offers to buy them for me :) Many local natural food stores sell them but we buy this brand online only through various sites.

My favorite are the florals. To be exact my #1 favorite is the Himalayan Rose! So beautiful smelling, as if you are standing in a rose garden and surrounded by hundreds of roses in every color imaginable. This rose fragrance is not a red rose, I believe it is more of a pink rose. This one is super strong but maybe I apply too much so you may prefer to apply this with a light hand. If I apply this on me in the car then the whole car will smell like roses for a while! Love it!

I carry this with me in my purse and keep the rest in my room and keep it stored in a cool environment and away from sun light and so far they all have been okay.

Other scents I own and/or have tried:

Himalayan Rose - My #1 favorite! ( Cocus nucifera (coconut) oil, Rosa centifolia (rose) oil, Angelica archangelica (angelica) oil.) Yakshi describes the scent as "Rose is a flower, a color, a tint, a blush, a dainty, fragile blossom that emits a fragrance so recognizable as to arouse immediate pleasure. Its softness lets us imagine sweetness, lightness, and innocence."

Cleopatra's Secret - Jasmine, rose, and a hint of a very nice lemon citrus. Smells like the Spring season! This is my #2 favorite! ( Cocus nucifera (coconut) oil, Citrus medica Limonum (lemon) oil, Jasminum officinale (jasmine) oil, Rosa centifolia
(rose) oil.) Yakshi describes the scent as " Cleopatra's Secret is clear and sparkling with fresh Pacific blossoms, sunshine flowers and wild lotus. This scent is washed with delicate shades of mountain orchid. As with Cleopatra herself, our fragrance adds a seductive hint of her secrets."

Evening Gardenia - Strong white floral, almost smells wet as if you were smelling the flower after a rainstorm. I believe the actual flower listed is magnolia so this is not a true gardenia scent but it does smell pretty and maybe is more similar to cherry blossom flowers? Either way it's good enough to me. Clean white creamy floral and would make a lovely night time scent because it is rather lush, rich and intense. ( Cocus nucifera (coconut) oil, Gaultheria procumbens (wintergreen) oil, Michelia alba (magnolia) oil.) Yakshi describes the scent as "Gardenia has long been a fragrance sought after by those recognizing its seductive properties. The floral bouquet of this scent appeals to all your senses and leaves us with the hint of a beautiful, peaceful garden."

Goddess Dreams - For some reason I smell a fresh coconut scent in this one in addition to the clean green florals. Smells like being on a tropical island around sunset. My boyfriend can't smell the coconut but I can and I really like it. I think this one would be a top favorite to wear on a rainy day. (Cocus nucifera (coconut) oil, Citrus medica limonum (lemon) oil, Cananga odorata (ylang ylang) oil, Cedrus atlan-
tica (cedarwood) oil, Eucalyptus radiata (eucalyptus) oil, Jasminum officinale (jasmine) oil.) Yakshi describes the scent as " Goddess Dreams creates an air of sensuality with the scent of earth and fire. It envelopes you in an exotic formula of green, woody magnolia and oriental ginger. A cool, harmonious blend of the ancient powers of the Goddess and nature Herself. "

Whitestar Jasmine - this one was the first one I tried and I wore it all the time. I still really like this one but the rose is my new favorite. ( Cocus nucifera (coconut) oil, Jasminum officinale (jasmine) oil, Cananga odorata (ylang ylang) oil, Cedrus atlantica
(cedarwood) oil, Citrus aurantium (orange) oil, Michelia alba (magnolia) oil.) Yakshi describes the scent as "Close your eyes and breathe in the subtle yet enduring scent of Jasmine, that delicate, white flower that blooms in Spring and reminds us of new beginnings and familiar delights."

Sandalwood - I love most sandalwood scents and have repurchased this many times. (Cocus nucifera (coconut) oil, Opoponax chironium (sweet myrrh) oil, Amyris balsamifera (amyris) oil, Bulnesia
sarmienti (guiacwood) oil, Cedrus atlantica (cedarwood) oil, Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil, Pogostemon cab-
lin (patchouli) oil, Cananga odorata (ylang ylang) oil, Juniperus mexicana (cedarwood) oil, Santalum spicata (san-
dalwood) oil.)

Nefertiti - Another nice woodsy scent. A nice masculine scent. ( Cocus nucifera (coconut) oil, Pogostemon cablin (patchouli) oil, Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil, Pelargonium
graveolens (geranium) oil, Citrus reticulata (mandarin) oil, Eucalyptus radiata (eucalyptus) oil, Opoponax chiro-
nium (sweet myrrh) oil, Santalum spicata (sandalwood) oil.)

Rain Forest - Very clean and shower fresh type of scent. Very green, reminds me of bamboo. If you like the Chinese Rain type scents then you should like this one too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by phoenix12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I decided to go ahead and try the Himalayan Rose and the Fresh Vanilla. I love a pure rose scent and the Himalayan Rose is beautiful. It is a nice clean rose scent that lasts. Love it for summer.
The fresh vanilla is a warm vanilla scent that lasts. This is a great winter scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just got the Himalayan Rose roll-on and it smells divine. Exactly like fresh roses. So lovely, and really cheap from Swanson (around $4). Sadly, mine leaked during delivery, but they're CS is awesome and they're sending me a replacement. At least the box smelled good!
If you love the smell of real roses, this is a must buy!
I plan to experiment with it, and see how it works layered under an EDT with rose notes. Will update.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in Yakshi sandalwood. It does not smell like sandalwood at all. It is a very soft, light fragrance in a roll-on bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by susielhelton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just got one of these at my health food store called Cleopatra's Dream. Its rather nice, jasmine, rose and lemon I smell primarily. Not bad for under 10 dollars either

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Frenchmix

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I have this in Whitestar Jasmine, smells so pretty. Love it. I just purchased another in the Rose. No animal products or animal testing. Don't know if it really is 100% natural, maybe close if not. It lasts all day. The glass bottle is so pretty and is a roll-on.

~ I have the Himalayan Rose, now also. Smells beautiful, just like a pretty rose. Love!

~ latest is African Musk..have had for 5 months or so..love. These are the only perfumes I purchase now..