November 27, 2014 | 1754 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - ColorStay Pressed Powder - Translucent

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by stormydown

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was hoping to find a good translucent pressed powder to carry with me in my purse. I use the e.l.f. loose translucent powder to set my BB cream most of the time, but it's way too messy to take anywhere. I gave this a shot and it's okay. I'm extremely pale, so I could apply quite a bit of this without looking too chalky, and it actually gave a bit of buildable coverage on top of my BB cream in my problem spots. but it gets cakey and oily around my nose and on my chin, and I'm pretty sure it's breaking me out too, since I haven't changed anything else about my makeup routine but I'm getting zitty in weird places. I'm going to stick to my e.l.f. translucent powder and try to find something else portable.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Leah2014

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is exactly the powder I was looking for to reduce shine!! I had always used colored pressed powder on top of my foundation which would look cakey and come off by the end of my work day no matter how many times I blot. This powder has been great it looks much more natural. I still need to blot and I still get oily at the end of the day, but it's not nearly as bad as it used to be before, and just looks "Dewey" more than "disgusting oily mess"

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by AndaJean

First tried this in a mad five minute break on a very muggy film set. I just hastily slapped it over my exceptionally oily/sweaty face, using the sponge (in the neat little pop-up compartment). Unbelievable product! Took care of the ridiculous amount of initial grunge, and lasted 6 hours on top of that. My large pores were gone, and my skin looked super supple.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Translucent has a very pale ivory-tint with NO shimmer and a matte glow finish. Its a good one for very fair skin because it brightens skin without whitening, and it doesn't darken or change color. The soft fine texture is a big improvement on the cakey old ColorStay Pressed Powders (plain black slimline compacts with no window and no separate powder compartment). I don't take it out with me because that ridiculous half-moon mirror is too small for checking anything but my mascara or lipstick. And, the powder is very soft pressed, giving messy fallout, and is prone to breaking apart when dropped.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS: No shimmer in it.

CONS: It's matte. Too matte. Makes my skin look dull, not youthful or fresh. Forget about glow or anything, even a light hand does it. Also imparts a slight white cast (I like this trait though, but listed as con since I bet most wouldn't and sometimes it's a bit weird to have that whitness added).

OVERALL: Only if you need to be really matte or want to look "flawless". I'd rather look real though with less effort. My skin looks better with a bit of sheen, but I still need a powder to keep everything in place.

UPDATE April 11, 2014: I used it up slowly over time and I'm nearing the end of it. Yesterday my foundation looked a LOT better than normal and held up too, so I'll give it another point.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by greenmotogirl

I must be in the minority here - I bought this based on the great reviews but I hate it. And I cant believe nobody has mentioned how sparkly it is?! I would in the future only use this at night bc of the sparkles. It has also broken me out and it is cakey in oily areas. Going back to Maybelline Dream Matte and Palladio from sallys

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by TheGoofQueen

I've been using this product for a while now, but my reaction has always been a pretty resounding "meh". It's a good setting powder, but not a great one. It helps control oil, but not as long as perhaps it should, especially for the price. It does also have a tendency to cake in oily areas (especially around the nose). But it's done its job pretty well, sets foundation and gives a good 'flawless' finish, so I'm content to keep repurchasing until I find that elusive HG powder. I also love the packaging, although I think the little window to see the product could be abandoned in favor of a full mirror, but I don't mind that much.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 4:51:00 AM More reviews by looksglamour

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been searching for so long for a good finishing powder that would show up nicely on my pale skin. I've used high-end brands but I wanted something less expansive and this product has worked really well for me. It is very finely milled and contains no hint of shimmer. I had previously tried Maybelline's Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder in the shade Light 01 but it looked orange on my face. Revlon's ColorStay Pressed Powder in Translucent is fantastic: it doesn't settle in lines under my eyes, it doesn't shimmer and it doesn't change the colour of my foundation. This is everything I had hoped it would be, and infinitely better than the finishing powder that Revlon had in its Photoready range.

As for the packaging, it is neat and sturdy. However I don't use the powder puff that comes with it: a powder brush allows for a much better application IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by hikari001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really good setting powder. I use this everyday of the week before work and set it on top of my BB cream with a brush and it leaves my skin matte for much longer. It's translucent and doesn't clog my pores. I work for 8.5 hours/day and I just have to touch up by mid day and it will last til the end of my workday.

One minor cons I have against this is the packaging. I don't mind the bulky packaging and I do use the the thin puff they provided for touch ups, but I wish they have a full mirror instead of a half one. I know its so people can see the colors but I find the mirror useless since its so small and the transparent plastic part is so tacky that it feels like it could crack anytime. I expect a bit more from Revlon.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by IrishShorty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a very oily face and have tried multiple powders to help control the shine, many of them highly reviewed here. The best one I had still required being put on every hour or so to control my shininess. I bought this product and was amazed to discover that I only need it reapply it once during the workday to control the oil! If you have tried everything, I can't recommend trying this product enough!

The only flaws I would point out is the little plastic "window" of the compact is very fragile. I popped it out while just trying to get the powder out of its package the first time I bought some. The translucent is slightly visible as a strange whiteness if I get a bit too much on as well, but nothing as bad as other powders I have tried.