December 18, 2014 | 894 users online

BB Cream - Skin79 - Absolute Total BB Cream (Diamond)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Bailey4213

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate to rain on the parade , but I hate this . it's sticky & makes my pores look huge & the finish is TERRIBLE. It's just shiny, like you just dipped your face in oil. You can mattify that with a powder right? wrong . If you try to put a powder over this it cakes and looks awful. I also expect a BB cream to feel light weight but this feels like I've smeared honey or something on my face. I really wanted to just switch this one for the gold one because everyone seems to love but customer service is terrible. the return policy is to email the company and they never get back to you. Will not be purchasing from this company. Don't waste your money on the absolute total BB cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Nonomixi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love the idea of of BB cream rather than liquid foundations and I've tried numerous brands and I'm still searching for the "perfect" one!
I've tried most of the Korean brands (excluding the most expensive ones like Whoo), e.g.MISSHA, SKIN79, LANEIGE, OHUI, ETUDE HOUSE, THEFACESHOP…etc. Some of them carries more than 1 type of BBcream with a trend of releasing new ones yearly or even half yearly.
I have tried EVERY SINGLE ONE of the lines I listed above but none have I ever wrote a review about and somehow I always find myself going back to this one...
I cannot exactly tell why I am so in love with this BB cream. It has pretty normal formulas, average SPF (considering other Korena brands BB cream have all got ridiculously high SPFs). To explain, I'd like to start with my makeup routine:
I like to prepare my skin with up to 7-8 layers of skincare products starting from my toner, serum activator, serum *2, facial oil, light gel serum + lotion/day cream. Then my makeup procedure starts from primer, base, then BB cream. So when this BB cream fianlly hits my face, it must feel different to me as to most of the people I know only using a few steps to prepare their skins before makeup. Skincare phycologically makes me comfortable enough to put makeup on my face and I know this idea maybe quite different to a lot of people.Thats why personally I dont need an "organic" formula BBcream.
This one offered my pale-med complexion a dewy finish, but again, I've got so much layers of serums & creams on my face, I can't really say this is a very oily product. But from the texture and how it feels on my hand, its definetely lighter in coverage comparing to MISSHA perfect cover, but a lot less drier.
For me, I like the color and its softness and how it glides on more than anything, It has alot less of a greyish undertone which you find with a lot of Korean BB creams and I feel it brightens up more skin alot more naturally than other BB cream that simply brighten my face by covering it!
When applying, I pat on with my warm fingers (wash hands before you do makeup) rather than using a brush. This way I can't really see the brush stroke…
Also when I lightly pat my face while applying relaxes my facial musles & wakes me up a bit as well in the morning…^^ Then I can just see each time I pat on, this BB cream just disappear into my face… I love the finish!
I agree with people that saying you need to set this with loose powder, especially for me, considering how much layer of oil I layed down on my face even before this BB cream!
But I do have combination-dry skin so I can see it works for people with drier skin and thoes who DOESNT apply a lot of skincare onto their face before makeup…can probably use this alone…OR!!! set it with a facial mist!!!( Don't worry about the first 30secs when you spray on n you feel like the makeup is melting & you feel like a melting cake…it goes away when its naturally dried) Plus,carry the facial mist with you to work & its great for your skin under air-con condition!
Enjoy trying on different BB creams!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by NotoriousCharity

I found skin79 Diamond Absolute Total all right. It does come in a nice aluminum hot pink tube and a pleasant floral scent. However, be warned that it has a grey/pink undertone as opposed to yellow. So if you are yellow based it's probably not going to be a good match. The cream was also thicker than I liked and made it a bit harder to blend as a result. Overall, it just felt too heavy and not a good color match. I preferred Missha Perfect Cover or Innisfree Trouble Care.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Setiva123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Received this in a beautiful swap from a lovely Mua'er.

This gives a lovely, dewy finish and great coverage. The only problem is that it is much too light for me. I purchased a cheap Maybeline BB Cream in the darkest shade they had to mix with this which seemed to work out well enough that I can wear it.

I wish it came in more shades, this and the Missha Pefect Cover are my favorites but the Missha has more shades. I recomment this if you want great coverage and a beautuful finish to your skin with no breakouts.

Just make sure you have a backup if you love it because you cannot tell when it's empty!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Chriss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the product I've been hoping for for years! It's a great time saver because it evens out my skin, acts as both moisturizer and sunscreen and provides a nice glow without being shiny or greasy. I do apply a bit of concealer and powder after putting on this cream to polish off my look. I have normal/oily skin that is VERY acne prone and I've used this product daily for over a month with no issues. It's not a perfectly matte finish which I like because I think it looks really natural, but I do have to blot midday (as I would with any other product). I've gotten compliments on my skin in the past few weeks which for me is unheard of...totally a result of this BB cream. I rarely write reviews, but I felt compelled to share my thoughts about this cream because I'm so happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by BornPrettyReviews

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this bb cream! takes care of your face and isn't as heavy as foundation!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Jellyblob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this BB cream to be a little thick but very easy to blend. It is also very forgiving of mistakes (you can just blend out areas you may have rubbed off ).

The finish is dewy and it lasts about 10 hours on me. I've had friends think I wasn't wearing anything on my face when I have this on. That's how natural it looks. I'm usually a NW15-NW20 and this is just right for me. The only problem is, the tint is pink (unlike the Orange version from Skin79 which is yellow) so it doesn't tone down the redness in my face (which tends to look flushed most of the time).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by gracy775

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It was my first bbcream and I loved it!
pros:
-looks natural on my skin
-decent coverage
-only need a little for the whole face
-covers well blackheads
-Good spf protection
cons:
-starts to be oily after 4-5 hours...needed ti blot a lot
-does not cover pimples but help reduce redness
-does not give the > skin look, but hides
quite a lot of imperfections

I bought this at 30$...it says that it contains pearl, amithyst, ruby powders...maybe it is worth the price, but I cant really see the whitening effects... continued >>

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 8:51:00 AM More reviews by becleesteere

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought the Absolute Total BB cream as part of the Absolute Total 5-piece set. I found the BB cream itself to be fine. I used it consistently for 4 months until the tube finally ran out, but have moved on to try other BB creams.

The Pros:

The Cons:
1. I looked like a greaseball by lunch time
2. MUST be set with a powder
3. Cannot tell when the BB cream was nearly out due to the packaging

I've got normal-dry skin and this BB cream was not suitable for me. By the time I was done with it, I was fighting a constant battle with clogged pores despite doing a double cleanse daily.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 7:32:00 AM More reviews by fsrain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

In depth review will be posted on my blog:

My thoughts:
Before the Orange Vita BB Cream came out, this has the higher UVA/UVB protection with its SPF35 PA+++ properties.

It does makes your skin "whiter"due to the SPF factor, however, it spreads easily and blends well, so it will not coz much paleness or unnatural white-wash on your face.

It's shine/oil control may not be as good as the Hot Pink Super+ BB cream but it definitely keeps my skin hydrated and moisturized despite the dry conditions of office environment.

It has a light floral scent which is very pleasant to my tastes.
I love its packaging as it is the most classy of all the BB cream under Skin79 and it has a twist lock/open features which ensures you wont accidentally pump out the product when handling.

Definitely gonna buy it again for use when my skin is feeling dry.