Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo Spray

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/17/2015 11:39:00 AM

This is hands down the best dry shampoo. Everyone told me to try Not Your Mother's, so I did, and it just down not compare.

First off, THIS HAS BEEN REPACKAGED. It's now in a silver/purple/black bottle. Thank god too cause I was about to cry when I couldn't find it anywhere (Target sells it in packs of two...might wanna get like 10 of those just in case it does get discontinued..to be prepared....).

Anyway, this stuff works wonders on my hair. When you spray it on, it initially leaves a white residue. I just let it sit while I get dressed, do makeup, etc. Then I'll come back to it and just rub it with my palm into my scalp. White residue goes away, along with the oil! I think it says to brush it through on the bottle, but I have wavy hair so I don't brush. The rubbing works great!

Also I don't think the scent is as strong as many here think. It's definitely strong, but it smells really good and citrus-y so I don't think it's overpowering. Plus it stays on your hair all day and people compliment the way I smell. Fantastic. Also, it's cheap! Buy it! BUY IT!

on 4/7/2015 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really liked this dry shampoo! I previously tried the TRESemme dry shampoo and hated it! This compared to the TRESemme is fabulous. It goes on white but it decomes invisible unlike the TRESemme which left my hair grey. It has a nice scent and comes in a 5 oz. bottle. It worked on days when I would skip on washing my hair and it soaked up the oil and it didn't return. What I do is spray this onto my roots and I let it sit there for 5 minutes and then I begin to massage it into my scalp and eventually take a brush and comb the rest of the product out. For the price and quality this is a steal!

on 3/9/2015 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I used this as my main dry shampoo for years. Te price was the main reason. It does it's main job fine-- soaks up oil. But it does leave a heavy, dusty layer of residue. Not something I'd like to use two days in a row. As with misty dry shampoos, it leaves a white cast. Less of a problem for me because I'm blonde. The reason I finally stopped using it was because of the way it made my scalp smell. It seems ok when first sprayed on, but for me once it settled into my roots it produced a very gross musty smell. I also tried the suave keratin dry shampoo which didn't cause the musty smell but just smelled way too strong and made my eyes and nose burn. The price is right and if I ever was in a bind with my cash flow, this is what I'd use. And hope nobody could smell my musty hair.

on 3/6/2015 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

For the new formula 'Refresh & Revive': I think this product's been reformulated. It's in a purple bottle now..

So I was all set to pan this product after spraying it this morning for the AGGRESSIVE scent that comes out as you're spraying. But I was late and left it on my counter.

To my surprise the scent fades quickly and occasionally through the day I got faint hints of grapefruit. Its not Jo Malone or anything but it works! And I liked it's invisible and gives my oilies the stompdown. So yes I will continue to use

And if you're not heavy-handed and do light precise swoops over your scalp, I feel confident recommending it. Just use in a well-ventilated area ;)

I've been using this for years and it's still my favorite dry shampoo. I've tried out a lot of different dry shampoos but Suave remains my favorite. The price was the first reason to why it drew me to it, though I had my doubts 'cause low prices don't often meant the best quality. However, after a month of trying out this product, I absolutely loved it and repurchased it bottle after bottle.
Although it's not a travel size product, I often bring this with me whenever I travel overseas for trips that are longer than two weeks. Since this product is so cheap (2~3 USD), after traveling for weeks, I would just leave the used bottle in the country I'm visiting so that I would have space in my luggage to put all the souvenirs I bought and I wouldn't feel too guilty for throwing it away because of the price.
Overall, it's a greatttttttttt product.

on 1/2/2015 11:57:00 AM

I don't understand the hype over this product. First, the smell is very artificially fruity, which isn't something I really appreciate, but it's not offensive enough to warrant the product unusable. Ultimately, though, I just don't feel like this product does anything for my hair. If anything, I almost feel like my hair is more oily after using this, and it doesn't seem to add any volume, either. I really wanted to like this, but it doesn't seem to do anything but add scent to my hair.

Don't let the unpopular name brand and boring can fool you!!
I rarely need to use dry shampoos but when i do this is the only one i will pick up. I saw that some people said this dried their hair out but coming from someone with extremely dry, thick, and curly hair i'd have to strongly disagree. This is the only dry shampoo that leaves my hair shiny looking while giving it a great lemony kind of smell. I recommend this to anyone that uses dry shampoos often plus it's very affordable.

on 11/21/2014 4:59:00 PM

Overwhelming, nauseating smell!! I got a 2-for-1 deal and threw both cans out. I even had to wash my pillowcases after sleeping on them after using this product.

Works well enough for what it is and how it's price, but the smell is a deal breaker. Simply atrocious.

on 11/21/2014 2:46:00 PM

I have been using this product for about 3 years now. I have thick, blonde hair - which gets super greasy! I use this every other day (when I don't wash my hair), and it serves its purpose well. I find that it does dry out your hair, and my hair does look a little dull after I apply. HOWEVER, I'd rather look dull than nasty greasy!! It adds significant texture if you want to put your hair up.

The smell is my pet peeve - it is very strong! I understand why it is scented, but it drives my husband out of the bathroom in the mornings, lol.

As I continue to use this product (the pro's outweigh the cons), I can recommend to others. But if you have very dry hair, it's probably not for you.

on 11/18/2014 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I hate this stuff. I know that dry shampoos dry your hair, but this product dries it more than anything I've ever tried. It really makes my hair very brittle and I have to deep condition it to get it back to normal. This product also makes me look like I have dandruff. It's very hard to get rid of the flakes.