April 20, 2014 | 1772 users online

Dry Shampoo - Suave - Professionals Dry Shampoo Spray

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by staci13

This one is worth a try! I've used high and low end dry shampoos and I do have some expecations of them. I want oil absorption with a good fragrance. I don't care so much about hold or moisturizers or any of that other jazz that in my opinion will just add more buildup and weight to the hair shaft. This product offers just what I want and at a fantastic price. I am an avid user of Batiste dry shampoo, because I really do love the product. However, I think I just found a good replacement at a fraction of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by BeaverCleaverReturns

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff. I have tried many dry shampoos. Fro a long time, the Bumble and Bumble tinted was my staple but the nozzle would always get clogged and I'd waste some very expensive product. I have used dry shampoos from all price points and Suave is my favorite by far. I recently bought Batiste just to change things up and it didn't work nearly as well as Suave or even other brands I've tried but I was determined to use it up. I repurchased the Suave on sale and used it right away. I like it so much better than Batiste that I decided to throw out the rest of the Batiste .

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

Terrible, just terrible. The smell is horrendous - it literally makes me choke/cough every time I used it. It also doesn't work that well to remove oil, I have to spray twice as much as my Batiste and then my hair feels stiff and sticky. Not worth the $2.00 it costs.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by MarianPhipps

This stuff works awfully
i really dislike this product and will probably never buy it again
you can feel it on your hair and it feels really dry and gross unlike other dry shampoos i have used. It has an awful citrus smell like lemons or something, which others may like but i hate. It says no where on the bottle that it smells like citrus!
I don't like the feeling and i hate the smell of this product

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by ohfortheloveofmakeup

I've bought both suave dry shampoos many times. It's a regular on my shopping list. This one is a bit dryer than the black capped one but both work wonders for my thin oily hair. I even use it when it's clean to add volume. Hope this product is never never never discontinued.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by kyoki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first dry shampoo and it was okay. I have dark curly hair that is colored/highlighted, and the white stays pretty visible. I have to rub it in my hair a lot for the white to blend in. Also, Iím a fan of sweet smells (most people arenít) but this stuff literally gives me a migraine!! The smell is so incredibly strong, like grapefruit or some other strong citrus scent, and it lingers all day. Itís extremely irritating because everytime I move my head I catch a whiff of this strong smell. Went and bought Batiste, Iíll see how it compares to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by tripsey81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is great better than pssst, and baptiste! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I've tried a lot of dry shampoos, and this is one of my favorites. I have super oily hair so I go through dry shampoos pretty quickly, so I've been trying out tons of drugstore dry shampoos trying to find the cheapest one that works the best. I think this one might be it. It's super cheap (like $3), smells awesome, and gets the job done!
Like I said, this smells great. It's got kind of a strong grapefruit scent that really lingers in the hair, so if you're sensitive to smells this might not be the best for you. But personally, I love it, and it smells so much better than a lot of other dry shampoos I've tried. I love that when you spray this, it doesn't come out wet and sticky like some products do. I hate having to wait for dry shampoo to dry before I can rub it into my roots. This one I can spray, rub/brush, and be done in a minute. You really don't need to use much to get the job done so I find that a can lasts me a decent amount of time. But it's so cheap I don't need to be stingy with it!
I highly highly recommend this dry shampoo. I'm not a fan of most Suave products, but this stuff is amazing. Definitely try this one over the Keratin one. This one is much better and I think a dollar or so cheaper (at least in my area).

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Maebe85

I have used a lot of dry shampoos. I am a huge fan of batiste and Psst brands but when i ran out the other dayI ran out I ran into Walmart to buy more They were out of my usual brands so a bought the suave brand on a whim. It smells awesome and worked pretty well. I think this is best if you have coarse or curly hair because it is a little "gunkier" than batiste or Psst brands and when I tried it in my straightened hair I didn't like the way it worked but when my hair is curly it is a great dry shampoo, just make sure you work it really well into your hair otherwise it will make your brown hair look grey.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Lforde46

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this one and their Keratin version and really didn't see much difference other than the scent, so here's my review from the Keratin post:

I've only tried two other dry shampoos and this one falls in the middle of the three in terms of results and it's the cheapest. I don't mind the smell, and didn't give me dandruff or a dry scalp. It left my hair feeling very soft which is a plus because I have dry over-processed hair, but it did not give me the volume that I've come to expect from the other dry shampoos. I'm guessing you have to choose between those two with dry shampoos. I may buy again, but will probably try Batiste or PSSSSST first.

PROS
Cheap ($2.99)
Readily available (I got mine at Target)
Doesn't suck

Cons
Not as good as Paul Mitchell Express Dry Wash but that stuff is like $17 and you can only get it at a salon.

It's MUCH better than Tresseme Fresh Start Dry which left my hair feeling dirtier than before I used it. I tried it many times and it just doesn't work.

I also tried Tresseme's Waterless foam shampoo (which is meant for between-washes but is not dry) before I read the bottle. It's specifically for dry/curly hair, and my hair is straight and oily at the roots. Of course that didn't work for me.

I also tried Serge Normant's Dry Conditioner, which is not the same as a leave-in conditioner. It left my dry ends soft and manageable between washings.