December 22, 2014 | 1793 users online

Dry Shampoo - Suave - Professionals Dry Shampoo Spray

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by BrittanyMariee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Don't let the unpopular name brand and boring can fool you!!
I rarely need to use dry shampoos but when i do this is the only one i will pick up. I saw that some people said this dried their hair out but coming from someone with extremely dry, thick, and curly hair i'd have to strongly disagree. This is the only dry shampoo that leaves my hair shiny looking while giving it a great lemony kind of smell. I recommend this to anyone that uses dry shampoos often plus it's very affordable.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by lbreech

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overwhelming, nauseating smell!! I got a 2-for-1 deal and threw both cans out. I even had to wash my pillowcases after sleeping on them after using this product.

Works well enough for what it is and how it's price, but the smell is a deal breaker. Simply atrocious.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by destreng

I have been using this product for about 3 years now. I have thick, blonde hair - which gets super greasy! I use this every other day (when I don't wash my hair), and it serves its purpose well. I find that it does dry out your hair, and my hair does look a little dull after I apply. HOWEVER, I'd rather look dull than nasty greasy!! It adds significant texture if you want to put your hair up.

The smell is my pet peeve - it is very strong! I understand why it is scented, but it drives my husband out of the bathroom in the mornings, lol.

As I continue to use this product (the pro's outweigh the cons), I can recommend to others. But if you have very dry hair, it's probably not for you.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

I hate this stuff. I know that dry shampoos dry your hair, but this product dries it more than anything I've ever tried. It really makes my hair very brittle and I have to deep condition it to get it back to normal. This product also makes me look like I have dandruff. It's very hard to get rid of the flakes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by alywesney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is by far the BEST drugstore dry shampoo out there. I have tried many different ones and this one which is very cheap is also the best one! It costs $2.88 for a 5 OZ bottle and the product usually lasts me around 2 months. It also smells fantastic! IT comes in an aerosol spray can that is a fairly nice looking bottle.
This is a great product for second-day hair especially if you're planning to pull your hair back it does wonders! It is also useful to create some volume and texture before teasing so that's nice as well.
Overall, I'd give this product two thumbs up and recommend it to every one!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by oceanwaves078

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ive had my spray can for maybe a year since I never used it often. But i just started using it more frequently in the past few months since I dont have much time washing my hair. I usually wash my hair twice a week and use this dry shampoo once a week. I feel like its difficult to massage into my hair for it to work. I literally have to massage my scalp for 10 min for it work. I think thats whats causing my hair to fall out. Also it leaves a noticeable "dandruff-like" residue. I also noticed i have itchy bumps on my scalp. Maybe this dry shampoo is the culprit because its the only hair product i use besides my normal shampoo/conditioner. Definitely throwing this product away.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Sarasobo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure if I'm not using this product right but I have a problem with greasy bangs and when I use this dry shampoo it seems to make my hair greasier weighed down and sticky sadly disappointed considering I love sauve products.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by JoyConway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nope...Nope... Made my hair super dry:_(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by sativaspitzer76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an absolute find! About $4 cheaper than Batiste, which is what I loved and was using before. Scent is good. Citrusy and lasts a VERY long time. Absorbs oil very well, and gives texture and volume. No negatives about this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Sadly, after 2.5 years of frequent use, I've had to quit using this product - I'm pretty sure my scalp is allergic to it in some way as I develop dry, flaky patches about 12 hours after I use this. It's taken me a *long* time to realize this was the culprit since I don't use it daily and I examined other hair care products I'd been using. But since I've been traveling and using plain corn starch decanted into a powder sifter and applied with my fingers, a cosmetic round, or kabuki brush, my scalp is much happier. The corn starch doesn't provide the extra body that I like and it's a little messier, but I can deal with that for a healthy scalp.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: 5 lipsticks
LOVE.THIS. and I will never be without it as long as it's made. Ok, so all the dry shampoos I've tried have the white powdery look (Pssst!, Tresumee, TiGi), so I've just learned to deal with it and brush it through/out. What I like about Suave's dry shampoo so much is the scent: similar to TiGi, sort of citrusy and much more fresh smelling than the others I've tried. Results are pretty much the same no matter what brand I try: hair that is no longer greasy, but much of the shine is reduced, hair feels slightly gritty, but holds better than before and slightly added volume (I really love the added volume esp on 2nd or 3rd day hair in the crown!). I also like to use this to help add texture. It's hard to describe, but it helps add a sort of bedhead/beachy look that I love. I have not had a problem with a faulty can (although I'm only on my second). The scent and the price are what keep me with Suave.

For reference: I liked the TiGi but packaging caused a short life for the product and it was expensive. Next in line is Pssst!, but Suave beats it due to the scent and slightly better price. Tresemme and Batiste scents were offensive to me.