October 21, 2014 | 830 users online

Dry Shampoo - Suave - Professionals Dry Shampoo Spray

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Sarasobo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure if I'm not using this product right but I have a problem with greasy bangs and when I use this dry shampoo it seems to make my hair greasier weighed down and sticky sadly disappointed considering I love sauve products.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by JoyConway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nope...Nope... Made my hair super dry:_(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by sativaspitzer76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an absolute find! About $4 cheaper than Batiste, which is what I loved and was using before. Scent is good. Citrusy and lasts a VERY long time. Absorbs oil very well, and gives texture and volume. No negatives about this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Sadly, after 2.5 years of frequent use, I've had to quit using this product - I'm pretty sure my scalp is allergic to it in some way as I develop dry, flaky patches about 12 hours after I use this. It's taken me a *long* time to realize this was the culprit since I don't use it daily and I examined other hair care products I'd been using. But since I've been traveling and using plain corn starch decanted into a powder sifter and applied with my fingers, a cosmetic round, or kabuki brush, my scalp is much happier. The corn starch doesn't provide the extra body that I like and it's a little messier, but I can deal with that for a healthy scalp.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: 5 lipsticks
LOVE.THIS. and I will never be without it as long as it's made. Ok, so all the dry shampoos I've tried have the white powdery look (Pssst!, Tresumee, TiGi), so I've just learned to deal with it and brush it through/out. What I like about Suave's dry shampoo so much is the scent: similar to TiGi, sort of citrusy and much more fresh smelling than the others I've tried. Results are pretty much the same no matter what brand I try: hair that is no longer greasy, but much of the shine is reduced, hair feels slightly gritty, but holds better than before and slightly added volume (I really love the added volume esp on 2nd or 3rd day hair in the crown!). I also like to use this to help add texture. It's hard to describe, but it helps add a sort of bedhead/beachy look that I love. I have not had a problem with a faulty can (although I'm only on my second). The scent and the price are what keep me with Suave.

For reference: I liked the TiGi but packaging caused a short life for the product and it was expensive. Next in line is Pssst!, but Suave beats it due to the scent and slightly better price. Tresemme and Batiste scents were offensive to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Out of the drugstore dry shampoos this one is probably my favorite then Tresemme.
Both leave a white cast to my hair that I have to really work with to blend out but it is do-able.
Compared to the others these two work best on my dark hair and also make it look wearable for the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by AmandaJak222

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is my favorite dry shampoo. This helps me get more mileage out of my hair between shampooing and doesn't make my hair feel filmy or gross. I usually just roughly section my hair and spray it on the roots and once I'm done doing it all over, I flip over and massage it in. It leaves a slight white powder at first (I have medium brunette hair) but I find that it really does go away if you massage it in well. I know people are all over the place regarding the smell; personally, it's a little strong (very citrus-y) but not too horrible. If you're looking for a new dry shampoo to try, I'd definitely recommend this.I certainly like this a lot more than Tresemme's which I thought was wayyy too filmy and cakey, making it hard to fully massage in. Also, I never have issues with this nozzle clogging like I did with other brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Meghanluvsbeauty3

It's great I use it because I want my hair to be healthier and it was drying out from so many washes. Anyways buy this! It's inexpensive and gets the job done. I have almost black hair so even though it does have that white powdery stuff you can easily dust it away!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Twinklelilnha

Cons: The smell is very strong
Leave white residue on dark hair if over used
Feels heavy and sticky on hair.. like when u tease ur hair and hair sprays it.

Pros: absorbent and takes away the oily hair

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by troo12

There are better but there definitely worse. It leaves a white residue that is easy to massage away and I like the volume it produces. It has saved my head on many greasy hair days.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Brookeybrooke43

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is my first time trying any dry shampoo. I'm just trying to find ways to make my hair grow so I thought id try this out. as soon as I applied it to my thick, long hair, it looked fabulous! I had curled it a couple days ago and after I sprayed this in, my hair was full of body & life! I love it so far. so inexpensive and did the job exceptionally well.