October 25, 2014 | 830 users online

Eye Shadow - Hourglass - Eyeshadow duos

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Damroka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Despite the three lippie rating, to my mind, this is the most beautiful eyeshadow around. I got it in the duo called "Suede"—two very pale neutrals. It's great for someone my age (pushing 50), b/c it's got a sheen, but not a shimmer. The colors are truly beautiful, subtle and sophisticated. HOWEVER, I have very sensitive eyes and as another reviewer stated, the fallout from this stuff is highly irritating. Beautiful eyelids and red eyes is not a good look. I have found a solution, which is to brush on the color with a very damp brush. This doesn't give me a lot of versatility in terms of shading and so forth, but it's a way to use up this gorgeous eyeshadow. I probably wouldn't buy again b/c the fallout issue. Fingers crossed that Hourglass will reformulate to make it less irritating. The packaging is gimicky & more cute than functional, I think.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I only have one Hourglass eye shadow duo at the moment, though I am planning to add one more and am actually rather thankful that they don't make too many of these to tempt me (Gypsy for sure and possibly Suede are the only 2 that I'd consider adding; I already have Dune and love it). These are pricey shadows but my experience with Dune is that it just perfect on all counts. Smooth, pigmented, with a lush, rich texture and elegant shades combined with long wear and (at least in my experience) absolutely no fallout. The packaging is clever, sleek and elegant. I absolutely love these shadows and, like I said, I'm glad there aren't too many combos because I would probably want to purchase even more of these.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Sarz_1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not usually so quick to judge a product as I like to give them a real go before writing a review, but I have been struggling to like this eyeshadow.

I love the colours and the almost creamy texture, but unfortunately the fall out from this product really hurts my eyes - and yes I do tap off excess before applying with my brush and I've also tried this with a damp brush to negate the fall out.

Whilst I do have sensitive eyes, I use other products such as the Urban Decay Naked palletes etc which do have quite a bit of fallout as well, but the Hourglass shadows really irritate and sting my eyes. It could just be something in the formula that isn't right for me.

It's a bit of a shame as I would love them otherwise. I have these in Suede and Dune.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I have it in "dune" and look forward to picking up more from the line as these blend like butter. Super easy and doesn't take much to work on the lid. I encounter zero fading even after 8 hours of wear or no crazy fallout. "Dune" allows me to keep it soft for daytime and then for evening it can be easily amped up for a smokey eye look. It also can be paired up with quite a few lip shades. I definitely see myself picking up more shades from this collection. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by jpcls

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Looks like I have found my best eye shadow , I am so impressed by the finish and lasting color of Hourglass brand. I now have 2 compacts, Exhibition and Suede and plan to buy Dune with my next cosmetic budget allowance. Having tried some high end shadows that have left my older eyelids looking chalky. cracked and color gone by noon, I ended up throwing out several shadows and gave away the rest. I don't have to use a base with them either. As I checked out at Sephora I found out several clerks use this brand also.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by remychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hourglass makes fantastic eyeshadows. I have read many good things about these on the internet so I tried the duo in Dune. Awesome! The formula reminds me of Dior, one of my faves, and is very silky with great color payoff. I bought the duo in Dune, which is deep olive and champagne with slight shimmer, and the colors are fantastic. I have since purchased Gypsy and Suede and love both of them. These are a little pricy but the quality can't be beat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in Dune.

Dune is a dark olive shimmer and a gold shimmer duo - absolutely beautiful colors and very wearable. The formulation is very blendable and buttery. Quite pigmented too.

The only negative is that the shadows are extremely soft, to the point where the surface sort of breaks when you push your brush into it, so I feel like there is a bit of product wastage (when you blow the excess away).

That is why I give this duo a 4 instead of a 5, but I do really like this product and will probably buy a few more shades in the future (I really want Gypsy and Suede!).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by lilly1972

I was drawn to these because of packaging - really chic. Colors look lovely as well. My issue is that there is so much of the shadow which 'drops' around the eyes...i end up looking like racoon and having to clean up with make up remover.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Excellent eyeshadow duos ..... I use the Suede duos and the colors go on like butter ..... so smooth and are long lasting ...... exceptional quality .... perfect colors when you want a natural look.

ETA: I wanted to update my previous review ..... These eyeshadows are still the best quality I have found and I loved the quality so much, that I went on to purchase Dune, Exhibition and Prism and they are all equally as beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Absalom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these shadows!
The duos were my gateway to many more to come.
Exhibition's siren song was too seductive to pass up, not to mention the divine colour and texture.

These formulas can be used wet or dry and is great and most of the darker shades really lend itself well to morphing into liners once wet!
The pigments blend very well together and I love the simple 2 colour combo for those rushed mornings.

The shadows are soft but I've never had them turn powdery or crumbly upon brush contact as some have commented. I use a soft filbert and just pat the pigment onto the brush.

I have Exhibition, Gypsy, Prism (tdf liner), Suede and Lagoon. Oops, I guess I need to get Dune. :-)

All in all, well worth your hard earned money!