October 25, 2014 | 1847 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - Glamour to Go - Fairy Edition

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by AndreeaRey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I received it as a gift some long time ago..otherwise I would have not bought it on my own.

I think I end up using just 2 of the 8 eye shadows, and overall very I'm disappointed with them.
You HAVE to use primmer with them , they're VERY poorly pigmented.
The only slightly pigmented ones are the shimmery black and the gold.
The pale violet one - the worst of them , to me it looks like chalk and I can't think of any eye makeup that you would want to use this color with.
The white shimmer one - once you applied it on , it remains only a slightly trace of glitter .
The grey glitter one - uhh...there are chunks of glitter , I mean the kind you could use for crafts.
The teal one - it seems quite lovely in the pallete , but sadly once applied you discover that the color becomes a disappointment.
The pink shimmer and brown - just meh..

The blush is not the best quality , just ok , I used it a handful of times.
The only thing I really liked was the lip gloss , it was a nice, unique color.
I don't really use bronzer , but this one was again poorly pigmented , maybe too glittery also and on me , it gave my skin an orange-y shade ...

I really had bad luck with this palette ; I'm not a clumsy person at all , but the palette took a fall, which I remember it wasn't even half the bathroom counter falling distance and let's day the bronzer was completely annihilated and got mix up with the lip gloss and got the wonderful product of super shimmery orange lip gloss ; the black and gold eyeshadows were destroyed also.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Catsmeow2324

This is an okay palette. Some colors are pigmented and some aren't. The blush is a bit powdery but the bronzer is fine. This is more drugstore quality. I was also disappointed to know that I payed $22 for a product made in china. I do love the fact that its so small. I brought it on vacation to Mexico and I found myself using this palette the whole time. I don't completely regret purchasing this, but I do wish that it was better quality. Not what I was excepting from TF.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Labloah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was a huge disappointment. I was really excited for this palette initially, as I'm always on the look out for a good multi-purpose palette that is reasonably small (so as not to clutter an already full makeup bag) compact and portable, something I can use to do my eye makeup on my morning commute, and for touch ups throughout the day. On paper, this ticked all the boxes, and seemed like it had a nice selection of shades. The packaging is nifty, has sturdy construction, and is very cute looking. The top opens upwards for the shadows and a good sized mirror considering the size of the compact, and the bottom slides forward for blush, bronzer and gloss.

It's the product quality that lets this palette down. The eye shadows are poorly pigmented, especially in the paler shades, the very glittery ones are gritty and caused eye irritation when I wore them, plus the glittery shades have MASSIVE fallout. The matte brown and shimmery grey shades were just ok, but still nothing to write home about.

The blush and bronzer was chalky, powdery and applied ridiculously patchy and had an awful caked on appearance . Probably some of the worst blushers I've ever used. I'm not much of a lip gloss person, so I didn't end up wearing it all that much, but the powdery, chalky residue from the blush and bronzer would cake up over the top of the gloss, and I would have to repeatedly scrape the top of it out.

I've had great results with other Too Faced products, love the Lip of Luxury and La Creme lipsticks, get great pigmentation from the eyeshadow singles, so it was a bit weird and quite unexpected that this palette was so very awful.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by MrzVentura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this at Sephora and thought the 20 dollar price was pretty reasonable. I usually have to do my makeup at work so I thought this would be perfect to throw in my bag and not have to lug around tons of different products...while this palette is alright, i was pretty disappointed in the eyeshadows..they don't have very good pigmentation. I do like the lip gloss and the blush is alright too. I do use this occasionally but I do not think I would repurchase another one of these.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Kkate142

I really like this pallette, I have had since around november and find it handy to travel with.I like the colors for the eyeshadow, but LOVE the blush and bronzer, the show up quite nice on my fair skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by M1J

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Iíve owned this palette for a couple of months. The eye shadows are not my favorites, mostly because of the pigmentation. I am quite pale and some of the lighter shades do not really show up on my skin. The eye shadows in the other Too Faced kits I own are better pigmented than the ones in this kit. But I really like the blush and lip gloss, especially because they are both matte. I can use the bronzer as a highlight but not as a bronzer considering how shimmery it is. I donít reach a lot for this palette, and when I do itís because I want to use the blush or the lip gloss. It is a decent palette, but not my favorite.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 5:33:00 AM More reviews by danai

In all fairness,I knew what to expect,since I already owned GTG II,which I bought because I couldn't find this one, no less. Typically, when I did find this, I had to have it, even though I already should' ve gotten the memo: I wasn't missing much.
Not that this one's bad, it's not at all. It's a fun, practical palette; but not a great one, shade wise. Unlike GTG II which at least packed some very useful eye shades, this (and you can tell by just looking at the picture) somehow only offers the two extremes: some light shades that are not much use for anything other than highlighting plus look more or less the same on, and a couple of very dark, rich ones that I can personally only use on the crease or as a liner. Other than that you get a bright copper/bronze which is good, a very glittery light taupe which is almost the same as MCRA by UD, with the same uncontrollable fallout exactly, and a very light blue that contributes to the pretty factor, but is not easy to incorporate into complete looks. So this palette is not very easy to put a whole look together with, because it lacks one or two good eyelid shades; which kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?
As for as the rest of the palette goes, this one's better than GTG II (which packs 4 glosses and one blush). It contains one your lips but better gloss that's actually worth the space it takes up, a hot pink blush that I suppose would look nice on most skin tones with a light hand, and a bronzer which I haven't used much but seems ok so far.
This was cheap considering how much it offers, I wouldn't buy it again though.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2011 7:59:00 AM More reviews by calamityjane85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Got this on toofaced vintage sale, price was reasonable-$15 i think i cant remember for sure.

Packaging is wonderful and it takes up very little room. Nice sized mirror, and decent amount of product in each pan.
However the eye shadows are lacking in my opinion. The black has alot of fallout and the lighter shades dont have much pigmentation. The brown is nice, but thats the only one I like. Blush is a good shade for me. Bronzer is not much of one, its to light and shimmery ( I dont like shimmer bronzers). The lip gloss is ok, it smells nice but not fantastic.

All in all its a good palette to take camping or on the road without taking up to much space. However it's not something i could not live without. I'd say that the product packaging is what is most awesome about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by fatbottomgirl76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The only thing I don't like about this is that the lipgloss is right next to the blush. I keep dipping my brush into the gloss when I'm using the blush. Otherwise, I like the palette.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by SwirlBaby83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Picked this up at Urban Outfitters off 86st (for all you UESiders like myself) love the packaging.
Bottom Shelf: Like the cutesy pink blush. It actually looks like a genuine post work out flush on me. Hate the shimmery bronzer, wish it came with "chocolate soleil" instead. Love the lip gloss in "fairy wings". I'd repurchase that if it came as a single.
Top Flap: Pretty decent sized mirror. Eyeshadows are meh. The pale matte pink was too soft/powdery w NO color pay off on. Pretty much only use the matte brown (works for my brows too) & the black. The rest are ok, but not for me. I put them on my daughters for dress up, because I'm not big on shimmer. Then why would I purchase you ask? After all, its the Fairy Edition n fairy = shimmer. Well ladies, I am an impulse buyer. Had to spend that extra 19.50 on sutm! Essentially I carry this around for the mirror n lip gloss n to keep my 3 yr old entertained in the supermarket.