November 28, 2014 | 1892 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Bottom Lash Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by ssmith1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have deep-set eyes and long lower lashes, and this is the ONLY mascara that doesn't transfer onto my lower lids. I tried it when it first came out in 2010 and haven't been without it ever since. It stays on all day and comes off best with warm water, similar to the "tubing" technology of Blinc mascara. The current price is $10, which is pretty good considering many drugstore mascaras go for that price or more. A tube lasts me about 4-6 months because I switch back and forth between the two shades (Black and Black/Brown). I use a different mascara on my upper lashes, but adding this extra product is more than worth it to me to avoid raccoon eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I think this is about the greatest invention since the microwave oven. Suddenly I have bottom lashes that are long, dark, and not all over my face. This is genius!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Sparkly2013

I'm not sure if I would buy this again or not. It seems silly to pay $10.50 for a size of mascara that I get free from Sephora all the time. However, the Sephora mascara's are always black and I bought this one in black brown. It gives a very soft natural look and doesn't smudge, which is great. The little brush is nice and easer to work with as well. It's nice, but not great.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by oneam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I am ver fair, strawberry blonde w/ very pale lashes. I have no problem w/ mascara on my upper lashes, but when I've tried to apply to the lower lashes, it just never worked. It always looked too harsh and I just hated the effect.

I was minding my business one day, looking to purchase some foundation at the Clinique counter and realized if I spend just a leeetle more money I could get some free crap in shades I would never choose and store it in my free ugly make bag. Score!!! So since I had been intrigued by this mascara, I chose it.... and it was the first day of the rest of my life.

This stuff is fantastic. The formula is a bit wet and thin, so it doesn't clump on like a standard mascara, which, while I can work w/ on my upper lashes, trying to correct such a situation on the lower really effs things up. The brush size and shape is ideal for it's purpose, getting right where it needs to be and not overstepping its bounds.

This is $10 a tube for a fairly small amount, but since I'm using it just on the lower lashes, I expect to get my money's worth.

If you don't have similar issues w/ regular mascara and lower lashes, you probably don't need this, but if you do, it's a must-have product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Faerilyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've got pretty oily lids with sparse lashes and this little mascara really works without smudging throughout the day. It takes a while to apply but I don't have to comb out any clumps. The tube is so cute and small, small enough to take on the go without adding too much bulk. (Looking at you, CG LashBlast.) In a pinch, in a hurry, I've used it on my top lashes too. Works fine, very natural look. I've gone through 2 tube of this in the past and I saved the brush. It works great with other mascara formulas I like. :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Peri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm probably one of the only women in the world who hates mascara. Or, more specifically, I hate the obvious look of mascara on lashes. I'm not obsessed with long dramatic lashes, but I do like dark lashes. My HG trick? I use this product on my top lashes for a subtle tint.

The mascara brush is TINY—like the size of a pencil eraser—so it takes a little time to coat the root of my top lashes, but it always delivers good color (I use dark brown) without gross clumping. It works well for what it was intended for, too—the bottom lashes.

I LOVE it, and will continue using it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by bagpuss21

worth the hype IMO doesnt smudge or transfer or flake, lasts all day, gets all those little lashes, gives length more than volume on my lashes which is perfect for me. A little expensive for what you get but wouldnt use anything else now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It took me a while to give into buying this mascara because I always just used my regular one on my lower lashes. But when I finally did I saw why this little guy was something worth buying. For starters the brush has to be the cutest thing! I know that shouldn't be grounds for liking the product lol.. but it is one of them. That teeny weeny brush gets even the smallest of inner corner lashes! and the formula is awesome. Just one coat and your lower lashes are super long as visible. Imagine what two coats do! only thing Im not used to is the way it removes when you wash your face. it doesn't turn into a black melted mess like traditional mascara. Instead it's like little chunks of black "rubber" all over the place. it's called mascara tubes. almost like lash glue chunks.. but even easier to remove. you can softly pull it off of you lashes while wet and it comes right off in chunks aka tubes. So if you don't like the whole face turning muddy and black while washing it then this type of mascara is for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Aramisse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a have a tremor in my hands, if I use a regular mascara brush, I make a mess with the bottom lashes. Not with this product. And the mascara itself gives beautiful lashes. Downside: as others have mentionned, the products dries within about 4 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by theopenwindowmaniac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

One of my favorite looks is bold bottom lashes, and I love that a brand has finally created a good product for defining bottom lashes. I've used Clinique eyeliner before, and liked it, so I'm not totally new to the brand. I heard about the mascara before, but reading reviews on makeupalley assured me that this product was not just a gimmick. First off, the mascara itself is tiny. But that's okay. The brush is tiny, like the size of a tictac, but tapered. It does grab lower lashes like Clinique claims. I really do adore the packaging. The cap is silver with a "C" embossed on top, and the bottle is grey with silver outlines of flowers. So pretty! The formula is a bit wet, but it's very manageable. I prefer a slightly wet formula to a dry one. Also, the price is a big plus. Yes, it's a tiny mascara, but it's for bottom lashes only, so I can see it lasting awhile. $10 for non-drugstore mascara is really inexpensive. So if you too love bold lower lashes, but have been afraid of this product being a gimmick, trust me, it's not!