December 22, 2014 | 875 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Bamboo 6 Piece Eye Brush Set

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Pour11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The picture you see is the new packageing. I like the old packageing. With the old package you recieved a brush roll with a mirror. I love the old packageing and wish they would come back out with it. One of the most convenient small brush sets I own. Full brush style with the compact space saver you need. Over all I would still rebuy this set even with the new packing. If not convinced then barrow them. Invest in them after u fall in love.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by danibennett97

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this set and several others of the Ecotools after hearing so much about them. I got almost every brush and set at wal mart. For reference I have quiet a few clinique brushes , also I like the sephora brushes and real techniques , never had any MAC. I really do like these brushes and the price is amazing. I do not mind the short handles at all, but that's just me. I recommend buying these brushes if you love brushes because I think they are so great and I plan to buy more. I will say they do not pack in product heavy but I like that because I tend to be way too heavy handed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Frenchmix

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Best brushes!! They are super soft and I love the short length. I use the two smallest for applying concealer. I love the canvas sleeve they come in, nice and flat, fits well in my bag..Will buy again when they are all worn out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

I bought a small travel makeup bag recently that would not comfortably accomodate my normal sized brushes so I decided to invest in some smaller brushes for when I traveled. I bought a little eyeshadow and fan brush set from Smashbox during the Christmas holiday, but I like having multiple eyeshadow brush choices and the Smashbox set only had a basic large eye brush and a small crease brush, plus a random fan brush. I wanted/needed more options than that because my eye makeup is the most important part of my makeup looks. So I have had my eyes open. In the past I have had some MAC holiday travel brushes, but I didn't want to invest the big bucks for a set of mini brushes that I would only use occasionally. I've seen the Ecotools brushes before and they always felt soft, but I have never bought any of them because I most of the brushes are basic brushes that I already have in some other brand. Today I decided it wouldn't hurt to give one of their travel-sized brush kits a try.

The set comes with six different eyeshadow brushes. I believe there are some travel kits that have blush brushes and powder brushes, but I already have those from a previous MAC mini brush purchase. This Ecotools kit was specifically for eyes, which I was really pleased about. The kit comes with a large eye brush, angled crease brush, petite ey shading brush, highlighting brush and smudge brush. You also get a little stow away bag. The bag isn't anything special, but its worth keeping so you can throw the brushes in a makeup bag and not worry about them flying around or bristles getting bent. It will also keep you from losing them, which I appreciate as I have had problems with losing travel-sized brushes in the past.

The brushes themselves are nicely made. They are very light and the bristles are very soft, but not so soft that they don't pick up shadows. They apply nicely and work well. They aren't as fabulous as my every day brushes, but I didn't really expect them to be. As far as drugstore brushes go these are nicer than most.

For those that care Ecotools products are made of cruelty-free bristles and contained bamboo and recycled aluminum. The stow away bag is made of natural materials and EVA, which is said to be free of phthalates and PVC.

Overall I am glad I purchased these. They were $11.50 and well worth the money. Now I only wish Real Techniques would make some travel brushes and I would be super duper set for travel. lol :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

EcoTools calls this six piece brush set an "eye makover on the go". Each of the five brushes is designed to have multiple functions. These brushes feature "soft, cruelty free taklon bristles, recycled aluminum ferrules, and sleek bamboo handles." EcoTools is a wildly popular brand among bloggers big and small. As most already know, EcoTools make very reasonably priced brushes and other cosmetic accessories that can be bought worldwide at just about any drugstore and major retailers. I bought this brush set at Rite Aid on a buy one get one free deal for $7.99, the MSRP, but I've seen it priced for as low as $6, a great deal. I believe EcoTools products are made in America, they are a cruelty free brand.
The five brushes come wrapped up in a small hemp and cotton brush roll that resembles an envelope when closed via velcro. A small mirror can be found inside. It's a decent quality mirror, but too small to do your makeup with, except maybe lipstick or gloss. Five elastic loops inside hold the brushes in place. The case isn't cute by any means, but it's functional and well made. I don't store my brushes in this brush roll, but I do use it for travel purposes.
The brushes in this set are travel size, about five inches long from bottom of the handle to tip of the bristles. Each lacquered bamboo handle features the EcoTools logo and brush name carved into them. The aluminum ferrules are firmly attached to the handle and hold the synthetic bristles in place well. Each brush is dense, silky soft, splay free, washes well, and doesn't shed. The quality is fantastic, especially considering the price.
The first brush in the set is the Blend brush, also known as the Large Eye brush. . Large Eye brush is, in my opinion, a more apt name for this brush for two reasons. First off, it's an entirely different shape than most blending brushes, instead of being fluffy and round, this brush is flat but full, coming to a slightly rounded tip, not really the shape I think of for blending. The other reason? This brush's head is legit the same size as my eyelid. How can I blend with something that takes up the entire surface of my eyelid? That being said, this brush does blend really nicely, but I prefer to use to to apply a light wash of color over the whole lid in one go. This is a lazy day kind of brush.
Next up is the highlgiht brush. Long bristles taper into a softly pointed tip. I have never once used this brush to highlight, mainly because it's the perfect crease brush for my eye shape. I would buy this whole set again just for this brush. It applies and blends shadow into the crease flawlessly. It's the ideal shape for hooded, deep set, almond, or Asian shaped eyes, anyone with a small crease. Thinking about it, I suppose this brush would be good for highlighting for those with larger, rounder eyes. The precise point would be good for applying just a touch of shadow under the brow or in the inner corner.
The third brush in this collection is the Smudge brush. I think this brush could be improved upon a little. What would I change? I'd make it just a little stiffer. Because EcoTools Smudge brush isn't quite the stiffness I'd prefer, I find that it doesn't smudge shadow or liner as well as I'd like, but it could get the job done in a pinch. I prefer to use this brush in the outer V and to define the crease, it's the perfect size, shape, and density.
The Shade brush, a.k.a. the Petite Eye Shading Brush, is a teeny tiny shading/paddle brush, definitely the littlest one that I have. This brush is perfect for it's assigned function, it packs on eyeshadow beautifully, can be used to blend a bit, and is thin enough to use along the lower lash line. This brush is ideal for detail work and precise, perfect application.
Last and probably lease is the Crease brush. A gently angled brush, it's only a little too big for my crease, but it should be fine for most eye shapes and sizes. I use this brush when I want an extreme, rounded crease but it's otherwise impractical for me, personally. It's not a bad brush, it's just not suited for my smaller eyes. It blends really nicely, and creates a nice shape. This is the brush I reach for least frequently.
I really like the EcoTools 6 Piece Eye Brush set. There isn't a bad brush in the bunch. However I don't feel like it's fully complete. This kit could use a little angled liner brush or perhaps a fluffy blending brush. Of course I feel like most kits need an angled liner brush though, they're my favs. Aside from that, EcoTools offers a good selection of eye brushes, definitely all you need if you're traveling. This brush set is excellent, potentially some of the best brushes on the drugstore level, but I think everyone says that. I would repurchase this brush set if I needed to, but they seem very good quality, so I likely won't have to at least for quite a while. Go get these brushes, it'll be eight bucks well spent!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by loriann52

This is my go-to line for brushes. I've had some of them for almost two years and I've never had a single bristle fall out of any of them. The are eco-friendly and affordable as well. When I worked in cosmetics, these are the brushes I would tell everyone to buy.

I bought this set because I wanted a crease brush, and I liked the smaller brushes so I can put some on my waterline. I'm sure there's probably better brushes out there, but these work just fine for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by KrystalEmmaMarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I heard neutral to good things about these brushes, and of course, seen their use in one of Michelle's videos.

Uses: I purchased these brushes for the use of drugstore eyeshadows only. The set comes with five brushes with name labels on their handles: Blend (looks like a large shader brush) , Highlight (looks like a standard brush), Crease (angled brush), Shade (small), and Smudge.

Performance: Fair-poor, in all drugstore brands, some brushes can pick up product, others cannot. I can't seem to pick up any product at all with the large flat shader labelled Blend. The highlight brush is simple and can pick up most drugstore brands which makes me happy, but it's blendability with other colors are poor-fair (as expected with most drugstore eyeshadow brushes). I do not use the Crease brush since i'm not a fan of angled eyeshadow brushes (and it sheds). I don't really use the small Shade brush for anything other than highlighting under the browbone. Lastly, I use the Smudge brush for the inner corners instead for traditional smudging (and I already have a smudger I use regularly) because it fits right in there.

Overall: Three Lip rating since I bought the set mainly for 3 brushes (Highlight, Smudge, and Shade), and they work with most of the drugstore eyeshadows I purchase. I definitely do not use or recommend these brushes with more expensive brands.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by iflounder

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this set other day, and have used a couple times. I don't think the size/style of the brushes fit what i need. I feel the brush is kinda full and noticed in picking up the eyeshadow it held it too loosely also. I am taking the set back. I think I will just buy the more compact, smaller eyeshadow brush alone. I already have a couple i use and mainly wanted couple more to use separately on "light" colors, and "dark" colors so the colors wouldn't blend into each other and come out wrong on my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 3:12:00 AM More reviews by VampirePrincess320

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I just recently bought this eyeshadow brush set a week ago, and I love it!! This brush set comes with an eyeshadow brush, an angled crease brush, an highlight brush (which I like to use as a blending brush), an smudge brush, an eye shading brush (which I never use because it's so small), and an brush case. It costs me around $7, but it depends where you get it. You can buy it at Walmart and Walgreens as far as I know. The brushes are soft and their cruelty-free bristles. I love them, and I would recommend buying them! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by helerycelerie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love every one of the Ecotools brushes, and I use them all! I'm a goner for non-cruelty, recycled products, but even I realize how often quality suffers for eco-friendliness. Not in this case! The non-cruelty fur hairs are soft and supple, and they won't fall out even after repeated cleaning.

For THIS SET SPECIFICALLY:
I love the small brushes and use them for everything. The crease brush is too big for the crease, but it can be used for special stage make up effects, powdering under your eyes to cover circles, using eye brow powder, or just on a whim. The blending brush is one of the most versatile brushes Ecotools sells.

These are great for people just learning to use brushes, since each brush has a recommended use, and for the most part, they are accurate recommendations. The brushes are a good size for almost anyone, and depending on what I'm doing, I use every single one (although not necessarily for the recommended use).

I own the six piece set, the five piece set, and the eye make-up set, and I love the way each case fits into the larger one. Very convenient, especially since I have to take them around to school plays and often use these on multiple people.

The brushes and the packaging are very attractive and natural looking. I make my makeup as natural as possible, so I love that my brushes match my face!

Bottom line:
These are relatively cheap brushes that are match up to the quality of the most expensive brands! They won't fall apart, they're soft, and they're extremely versatile. Great for beginners. Add in the recycled packaging, non cruelty fur, and bamboo handles, and you've got one of the best nature friendly products available!