October 24, 2014 | 1449 users online

Primer/ Corrector - NYX - Studio Perfect Photo-loving Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by fuzzy93

I use the green anti-redness photo-loving primer underneath foundation. The texture is really lovely and matt, and it does a good job at masking redness beneath foundation. I leave it to set for a while before applying makeup, which then goes on very smoothly. I would not use this on oily areas though, as it can make the area a little bit more oily. I therefore tend to avoid using it much on my nose which is a bit oily. Overall, it is a great primer and I would really recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by JerzeyBella

Amazing primer! I bought this in clear and I absolutely love it! The consistency is silky and it applies nicely. It kept my foundation perfect all day, and helped to keep my skin nice and matte without over-drying. I've tried many primers in the past and I've never found one I truly loved until this. I will absolutely continue to purchase this in the future, I am in love!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 8:14:00 AM More reviews by LaylaNavarro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the Green Primer from Target for $20. I have red, irritated and dry skin, and this primer is amazing. It is a great consistency, makes my skin feel like VELVET, and makes my foundation look a lot more neutral/even toned. Primers are pretty expensive, and this alternative really does the trick. It seems to work a lot better on dry skin, rather than oily skin. I just love it, a great essential and I'll definitely be buying more!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2014 2:46:00 AM More reviews by queencreq

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry skin on my forehead and down my nose. This primer made my skin look dry eaven on those places I have normal skin! It is impossible to wear makeup on top of this primer, my skin lottery flakes of. I tried to mix it with my daily moisturizer but it did not work at all. I bought a new bottle of my old primer today and I almost cried when I realized that my skin could look alive while wearing makeup. I would never buy this again and I would only recommend you to buy this if you have EXTREAMLY oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by natty97

This was my first time trying a primer. I got the green one so it could cover the redness on my skin. I bought it for $15. When I first opened the cap, it was pretty disgusting. Watery liquid came out the bottle and I thought the whole bottle would be like this. Thankfully, after a few tiny tiny squeezes, it took out the watery liquid without wasting any of the actual product. It was a bit disappointing at first when I put it on my skin, because I didnt see any of my redness going away and then I thought maybe it was cus I used a thin layer all over my face. I thought I had to put more, but I left it anyway. I didnt wanna have to use so much everytime. I waited for the primer to set in for a few minutes, and the redness on my skin actually faded to a very pale pink or my skin tone. When i applied the rest of my makeup, it was so easy and my face was sooo smooth! This is a great product and it keeps my makeup on all day. I would recommend this to people but I would recommend putting on and waiting for it to set in before applying concealer or foundation :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by imotchi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Sad to say this primer just does not work for me. I have combination skin, and judging by previous reviews perhaps this works better on oilier complexions. I'll give my experience so far, although I'm fairly sure after two days trying it out, it's not getting another round in.

I'm pale, 26 and have fairly healthy skin. I use Estee Lauder Doublewear Shell (which is fantastic, even without primer). I was previously using Clinique Superprimer which gives a nice silky base, the foundation sits well on it and looks very natural. But I wanted a primer that is a little more cost effective and has better staying power, which Superprimer isn't incredible for.

One thing I can vouch on for NYX Photo-Loving Primer is it's staying power - it really does keep my foundation in place all day long. Where it fell flat is the strange texture it gives my skin, like an unnatural film sitting on top. And not silky like I was expecting, more of a dry ashy feel to it.
Nonetheless I went ahead and applied the rest of my makeup as per my usual routine. Still the unatural texture remains and is quite dry overall. But BY FAR the worst thing about the primer is this: when my skin stretches, you can see the film this primer creates causing my skin to pull and crease, which ages me considerably. If you can't envision what I'm describing; imagine dried PVA glue on the back of your hand, and pinch it. That kind of fine, rippled creasing is pretty much what happens to my skin with this stuff on.

My two cents - if you have dry or combination skin and prefer a dewier/more natural outcome, stay away from this primer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I had originally bought the green primer which is what the two dates below are about.
2/13/11-original review
11/6/11 update- I stopped using this. It didn't seem to cover my large pores or give my face a glow. It's a good base for applying foundation over but I like using my BB creams on just my skin alone.

Now on 5/7/14 I bought the clear. It hides pores, helps my skin look less dull, and keeps thing more matte than without. I like it so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by anitabassi

at first I did not like this product at all ! it didnt do anything it claimed to do except reduce a little redness. I do have veru oily skin and it did not do anything to eliminate or reduce shine, but now ive started using from body works from their seaweed line the mattifying day cream and that did help reduce shine but for only about 1 or 2 hours. So I decided to one day combine the nyx primer and the day cream before I put my foundation on and it was just amazing !! it kept me shine free, matte for a solid 8 to 9 hours! also forgot to mention I did wash my face with the neutrogena deep clean face wash before that so that might have helped a bit but the end result was so amazing and totally worth it!! definitely will not be worrying about the shine on my t zone again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by SineadJamii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this primer!

MY STORY:
I have fair, oily skin that is prone to breakouts. I also have redness in my cheeks, chin, around my nose and eyebrows and obviously around any breakouts. I also have large pores all around. I'd never tried colour correcting until this year. I started with correcting under eye darkness, then with that being successful I thought about trying out correcting my redness. After using a green corrector to spot treat my face, I thought it may be easier to do more at once to speed up the process. So I got the NYX Studio Perfect Photo-loving Primer in green.

THE PRODUCT:
The primer does correct redness, but only to an extent. It more dulls down any redness so that it is less noticeable yet still there. While this does mean that I will use less of a second green corrector, it does still mean that i need the second product. The real reason that I love this product was at first a surprise to me. It mattifies my skin like nothing I'd used before.
When I first picked this primer up on a whim, I wanted to try it out straight away to see how it would work. Since it was a day that I had nothing to do, after I had cleaned my face and applied the primer, I got distracted by something else and 'paused' the rest of my make up application for at least half an hour. When I resumed, I was so surprised at the result of the primer. My face was matte without being tight or dry looking. My face was also smooth, even and my pores were smaller - there was a 'blurred' effect in play I suspect. While the redness was still there it was so dulled down that it wasn't a bad thing. I now use this primer alone on days when I don't want a full face of make up but still want nice skin.

This primer does mattify my skin; make it even, smooth and almost flawless and make any foundation or BB cream lasts hours. I have worn this primer and the Maybelline Dream Pure BB cream for well over 12 hours and while I did touch it up slightly, it looked basically perfect even at the end.

SUMMARY:
It may not completely cover correct but the perks, even while unexpected, well and truly outweigh this. I will definitely repurchase this and would recommend it even if you don't want to colour correct.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

You could say I am Anti-Primer. After trying so many, high end to low end, my decision was that it was a bunch of hype to get you to buy ONE MORE product to slap on your face. And for what? I never saw my foundation stay put, my concealer not slide, my powder not disappear into a shining t-zone. One of my biggest issues with foundation is that it cakes up around my nose, upper lip and sometimes between my brows. I constantly have to blot those areas. I kept getting told a primer would fix that...none ever did.

Enter this clear primer,which I only bought when I asked the girl at the counter, with flawless skin, if she uses it and she said it was the only reason her face looked as flawless as it did. Oh...well count me in.

I am no longer Anti-Primer. This stuff glides on beautifully, doesn't break me out and my makeup stays put so much longer than it ever used to before. I still get a little shine peeking through, but I have extremely oily skin so its nothing I cant handle, but still...nowhere near what I was dealing before this primer. I actually had someone comment that they didn't believe I was wearing any foundation a week into using this stuff. Thanks, NYX. You've made me believe in something again! :-)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No