NYX Studio Perfect Photo-loving Primer

3.8

Ingredients- Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Cyclomethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Propylene carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Silica Silylate, Dimethicone/ PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil.

on 8/16/2015 5:55:00 PM

A sizable dupe for the smashbox photo finish ones which have been my HG for years!

These are nice. But with SB my makeup applies smoother, looks smoother and lasts longer without me getting as oily. So yes I prefer SB but at $39 an ounce, NYX is $11 an ounce.

So since I'm on a budget I use nyx day to day and reserve SB for weekends, vacations and when I need to look more out together.

My favorite is the green tint. For both

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this - i have dry skin - especially in winter and this helps to stop my foundation looking patchy - goes on smooth and helps it to stay on longer.

on 8/7/2015 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this primer! I have oily skin, and make-up melts off my face by the end of the day... not with with primer! I actually took an hour-long spin class, sweat like I was in a sauna, hair and clothes were dripping... but face still looked pristine! Great product and value!

on 8/3/2015 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This review is for the green primer, but might as well be for the clear primer as the green tint did nothing at all to help control the redness. To me, it's mostly gimmicky. With that said, I loved the primer at first, but you have to shake really well as it have a great tendency to separate. The smell is ok and the texture is fine, although a bit on the thick side after a while, when the ''watery part'' is gone first.

I would purchase this product if you were looking to test a silicone primer for the first time. It's inexpensive and it does the job. By using this as your first time silicone primer, you'll see if you like it without paying too much money, and then you'll be able to move to a more expensive one if you like this kind of primer.

I will not repurchase as I think there's better primer out there, but it was not a bad product.

on 7/23/2015 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I think this primer is watery and a waste of money. It absolutely did nothing for my skin or foundation. I'm definitely returning this product.

on 6/23/2015 1:42:00 PM

I love this. When my face is already moisterized well it does an amazing job of making my skin look soooooo smooth. If my skin is a little on the dry side it doesn't do much, which is okay because it has the potential to make my skin look gorgeous. It hasn't broken me out and feels like a high quality product. It's comparable to a high end primer you'd buy for much more at Sephora. Definitely a must have.

on 6/3/2015 9:04:00 AM

After trying this primer from a friend I have since bought two (purple and green) I like the way my skin feel after use, its so silk like. I do feel my foundation stays a little better after using it. And the price is great

on 5/19/2015 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

As a primer it works as it promises to - but after 5 days it has made me break out terribly. Such a bummer because it's otherwise great to use.

on 4/26/2015 6:39:00 PM

I like this foundation! It's only the second primer I've owned and I honestly couldn't tell the last one was doing anything, and I definitely can with the NYX Photo-Loving Primer. I use it under my NARS All Day Luminous Foundation in Mont Blanc. I love this foundation, but it is finicky. I've found it works best with extremely well moisturized skin and this primer on top of the moisturizer. My foundation will literally last all day if I put a smalll amount of powder on top of this primer before I apply foundation. Without this the foundation can look horrible, but with these steps it looks flawless. I'm not really sure how much the primer is responsible for this but it certainly works!!

There is a pretty large amount of product and the packaging is not deceiving! The packaging is simple and utilitarian, I definitely prefer the squeeze bottle to a pump, and I know I'll be able to get all of the product out of this tube. I think NYX has very sleek packaging for a drugstore brand.

The price is pretty good, seems a bit pricey for NYX though. Sometimes I think they overprice popular products just because they know people will still buy it. Not a deal breaker though.

Overall I'm pleased, but I probably won't repurchase it because I am not in love with it and there are so many other primers to be had. Not a holy grail, but a reasonably priced and quality product!!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i've learned after trying out a number of silicone based primers that they really aren't good for my dry skin. this one caused lots of flaking and dry patches, which led to my foundation only emphasizing the dry spots. rather than creating a smooth base, this primer seemed to agitate my skin and draw even more attention to the dryness. i guess that all primers seem to advertise their mattifying effect, but what about the dry girls??? maybe this will work or oily skin by i was not at all impressed.