November 27, 2014 | 1477 users online

Primer/ Corrector - NYX - Studio Perfect Photo-loving Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Sancha82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the green one and it's awesome! I have very dry red skin and not only did this help with the redness, my makeup went on and stayed on flawless all day. Def a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by kbam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

CLEAR
I use this daily and have found it lends great staying power to my make-up throughout very long work days (16+ hours of make-up wearing). I use about a pea sized amount, swipe it gently around my face, and then press it in with my fingertips. I let it sit for a minute before dabbing off excess with a square of toilet paper. I find that if I skip the dabbing (just let it sit), it takes *forever* to completely set and I'm impatient.

Pros:
* easy to apply
* sets well
* keeps make-up in place all day
* fantastic price

Cons:
* takes a long time to set; need to dab off excess

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is by far my favorite lower brand for primers. I love Smashbox primer and this is almost identical. I took off one lippie because I find its a bit overpriced. It should not be over 10 dollars.

Overall it keeps makeup on the face evenly and makes it apply smoothly. I also have the green and lavender but I feel like they are more of a gimmick than do anything. I don't notice any reduced redness when I have rosacea flaring up or dark purple under my eyes being hidden with the lavender.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by anastasijaxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this primer! At first I thought it felt extremely oily on my fingers, but once you actually apply it on your face it is so silky. Perfect foundation base, my mac studio sculpt foundation glides over this. I bought this primer in green, and the only reason I've given it 4 stars is because I don't find that the green actually does anything to conceal my blemishes. However it is a primer, I can't expect it to cover all my trouble areas like concealer and corrector does and for the price it's seriously an amazing primer. I would definitely buy it again since it's very cheap and works miracles.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by fuzzy93

I use the green anti-redness photo-loving primer underneath foundation. The texture is really lovely and matt, and it does a good job at masking redness beneath foundation. I leave it to set for a while before applying makeup, which then goes on very smoothly. I would not use this on oily areas though, as it can make the area a little bit more oily. I therefore tend to avoid using it much on my nose which is a bit oily. Overall, it is a great primer and I would really recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by JerzeyBella

Amazing primer! I bought this in clear and I absolutely love it! The consistency is silky and it applies nicely. It kept my foundation perfect all day, and helped to keep my skin nice and matte without over-drying. I've tried many primers in the past and I've never found one I truly loved until this. I will absolutely continue to purchase this in the future, I am in love!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 8:14:00 AM More reviews by LaylaNavarro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the Green Primer from Target for $20. I have red, irritated and dry skin, and this primer is amazing. It is a great consistency, makes my skin feel like VELVET, and makes my foundation look a lot more neutral/even toned. Primers are pretty expensive, and this alternative really does the trick. It seems to work a lot better on dry skin, rather than oily skin. I just love it, a great essential and I'll definitely be buying more!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2014 2:46:00 AM More reviews by queencreq

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry skin on my forehead and down my nose. This primer made my skin look dry eaven on those places I have normal skin! It is impossible to wear makeup on top of this primer, my skin lottery flakes of. I tried to mix it with my daily moisturizer but it did not work at all. I bought a new bottle of my old primer today and I almost cried when I realized that my skin could look alive while wearing makeup. I would never buy this again and I would only recommend you to buy this if you have EXTREAMLY oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by natty97

This was my first time trying a primer. I got the green one so it could cover the redness on my skin. I bought it for $15. When I first opened the cap, it was pretty disgusting. Watery liquid came out the bottle and I thought the whole bottle would be like this. Thankfully, after a few tiny tiny squeezes, it took out the watery liquid without wasting any of the actual product. It was a bit disappointing at first when I put it on my skin, because I didnt see any of my redness going away and then I thought maybe it was cus I used a thin layer all over my face. I thought I had to put more, but I left it anyway. I didnt wanna have to use so much everytime. I waited for the primer to set in for a few minutes, and the redness on my skin actually faded to a very pale pink or my skin tone. When i applied the rest of my makeup, it was so easy and my face was sooo smooth! This is a great product and it keeps my makeup on all day. I would recommend this to people but I would recommend putting on and waiting for it to set in before applying concealer or foundation :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by imotchi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Sad to say this primer just does not work for me. I have combination skin, and judging by previous reviews perhaps this works better on oilier complexions. I'll give my experience so far, although I'm fairly sure after two days trying it out, it's not getting another round in.

I'm pale, 26 and have fairly healthy skin. I use Estee Lauder Doublewear Shell (which is fantastic, even without primer). I was previously using Clinique Superprimer which gives a nice silky base, the foundation sits well on it and looks very natural. But I wanted a primer that is a little more cost effective and has better staying power, which Superprimer isn't incredible for.

One thing I can vouch on for NYX Photo-Loving Primer is it's staying power - it really does keep my foundation in place all day long. Where it fell flat is the strange texture it gives my skin, like an unnatural film sitting on top. And not silky like I was expecting, more of a dry ashy feel to it.
Nonetheless I went ahead and applied the rest of my makeup as per my usual routine. Still the unatural texture remains and is quite dry overall. But BY FAR the worst thing about the primer is this: when my skin stretches, you can see the film this primer creates causing my skin to pull and crease, which ages me considerably. If you can't envision what I'm describing; imagine dried PVA glue on the back of your hand, and pinch it. That kind of fine, rippled creasing is pretty much what happens to my skin with this stuff on.

My two cents - if you have dry or combination skin and prefer a dewier/more natural outcome, stay away from this primer!