NYX Studio Perfect Photo-loving Primer

3.8

Ingredients- Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Cyclomethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Propylene carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Silica Silylate, Dimethicone/ PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil.

on 7/23/2015 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I think this primer is watery and a waste of money. It absolutely did nothing for my skin or foundation. I'm definitely returning this product.

on 6/23/2015 1:42:00 PM

I love this. When my face is already moisterized well it does an amazing job of making my skin look soooooo smooth. If my skin is a little on the dry side it doesn't do much, which is okay because it has the potential to make my skin look gorgeous. It hasn't broken me out and feels like a high quality product. It's comparable to a high end primer you'd buy for much more at Sephora. Definitely a must have.

on 6/3/2015 9:04:00 AM

After trying this primer from a friend I have since bought two (purple and green) I like the way my skin feel after use, its so silk like. I do feel my foundation stays a little better after using it. And the price is great

on 5/19/2015 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

As a primer it works as it promises to - but after 5 days it has made me break out terribly. Such a bummer because it's otherwise great to use.

on 4/26/2015 6:39:00 PM

I like this foundation! It's only the second primer I've owned and I honestly couldn't tell the last one was doing anything, and I definitely can with the NYX Photo-Loving Primer. I use it under my NARS All Day Luminous Foundation in Mont Blanc. I love this foundation, but it is finicky. I've found it works best with extremely well moisturized skin and this primer on top of the moisturizer. My foundation will literally last all day if I put a smalll amount of powder on top of this primer before I apply foundation. Without this the foundation can look horrible, but with these steps it looks flawless. I'm not really sure how much the primer is responsible for this but it certainly works!!

There is a pretty large amount of product and the packaging is not deceiving! The packaging is simple and utilitarian, I definitely prefer the squeeze bottle to a pump, and I know I'll be able to get all of the product out of this tube. I think NYX has very sleek packaging for a drugstore brand.

The price is pretty good, seems a bit pricey for NYX though. Sometimes I think they overprice popular products just because they know people will still buy it. Not a deal breaker though.

Overall I'm pleased, but I probably won't repurchase it because I am not in love with it and there are so many other primers to be had. Not a holy grail, but a reasonably priced and quality product!!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i've learned after trying out a number of silicone based primers that they really aren't good for my dry skin. this one caused lots of flaking and dry patches, which led to my foundation only emphasizing the dry spots. rather than creating a smooth base, this primer seemed to agitate my skin and draw even more attention to the dryness. i guess that all primers seem to advertise their mattifying effect, but what about the dry girls??? maybe this will work or oily skin by i was not at all impressed.

on 2/19/2015 9:29:00 PM

On the fence with this primer. I have combo skin and shine is a big issue for me. I use the clear version to help my foundation last and to control shine. Feels silky and light on. I don't have any issues with it "not drying", I simply apply it over my face and let it sit for maybe a few minutes before doing the rest of my makeup.

Makeup glides on so smoothly and it helps smooth over dry areas to blend makeup nicer. It definitely makes a difference in my foundation lasting. Without primer my face starts to get shiny after like 1 hour and sometimes by end of day my makeup just does not look good (sliding off, patchy, muddy)! With this primer I usually only need 1 powder touch up over several hours. It looks great in flash photos too ie is invisible.

Only thing I noticed is after a long day (8h+) it sometimes makes my face feel a bit dry or tight towards the end. It's a bit weird but my skin gets that tight feeling you would on a cold day and I notice the drier areas on my face (outside corners mouth, around nose) look a bit red. After washing my face it feels dramatically better and my skin calms down almost.

I think the price was a bit high considering it's just NYX, it was $15 CAD. I'm not really sure what to think of this primer mainly because it seems to work great for shorter periods of time like 5-6h but just doesn't feel good on your skin after a long day (8h+). I wouldn't really recommend this product but I would say it doesn't hurt to try it as my overall experience with it is pretty good.

Sidenote I'm acne prone and it has never broken me out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been using the clear primer every day for about 6 months. It does help to mattify, smooth, and cover large pores. However, the biggest benefit I have seen with this is that I get significantly less pimples since I started using it! I don't know why...all I can think of is that it stops other makeup and dirt from getting into my pores? I stopped using it for a week or so and started breaking out again! So strange...but hey, I'll take it!

I have a very oily face. If I use this under loose mineral powder foundation, I stay matte all day. If I use it under a liquid foundation, I do still have to use a mattifying powder on top to keep away the shine.

One recommendation: make sure you let it dry for a good 5-10 minutes before you put the rest of your makeup on! If you don't, it will just smear all over.

on 1/27/2015 9:03:00 AM

I love this primer!!!!! Its better by far than cover fx anti aging primer on my dry skin

on 1/22/2015 7:16:00 PM

I bought the clear primer a couple of weeks ago, I'm a first year nurse so you can imagine my different and very sudden schedule changes - I used to use a Napoleon Perdis primer and because I'd put on my primer before my makeup at such random hours of the day, I'd break out. This primer has not made me break out what so ever. Sure it takes a few more brief moments to settle into your skin but having a matte, smooth complexion is the better outcome. It definitely helps my foundation stay for long hours. I would definitely recommend this to use daily.

Popular Primer/ Correctors