NYX Studio Perfect Photo-loving Primer

3.8

Ingredients- Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Cyclomethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Propylene carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Silica Silylate, Dimethicone/ PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil.

I feel like I'm the only person with dry skin who doesn't like this primer. I found that this product made my skin look extremely dehydrated and dry. I wore my normal foundation which usually has pretty good lasting power and it was patchy and flaking after a few hours.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ugh. I have yet to find a decent priced primer I like. This feels really weird, like silicone-y and when applied to the face, the green color dissipates and does nothing to correct the redness on my face. Pretty disappointed. I guess it may help my makeup last a little longer but nothing spectacular. Would not repurchase. I swatched the smashbox one yesterday and it stayed green on the skin and was creamy so I definitely want to try that one, just gotta get the money!

This is a good dupe for the smashbox photo finish primer, but not a great dupe. Yes the packaging is very similar and the texture is very similar (I have both of the clear primers from Nyx and smashbox) but the Smashbox one just lasts way longer. The over all feel when it's on your face is pretty similar too but Nyx feels a tad more oily and slippery. With this primer I suggest using a setting spray to make your face make up last all day. It's a pretty decent primer for what you pay for and the packaging is great.

LOVE this primer!! I've never used the smashbox primer, but this one was $20 cheaper and I like NYX products so I thought why not? Goes on smooth and sets foundation really nicely. While it doesn't last for my full 9 hour day, I am super pleased by how long it does last. Will repurchase!!

I have to agree with the general consensus that it is most definitely a dupe to the smashbox primer, and it really does live up to that. A Little goes a very long way and it's an affordable alternative.

I have the smash box one and this one, the are quite similar I will say. But I love this primer it is the perfect base for foundation. Affordable, lots of product, & amazing results.

I've never used Smashbox, so I can't tell you if this is a dupe or not, but it is really nice. I have it in clear, and use about the size of a pea. It doesn't dry my skin or make it look chalky. It gives it a nice satiny feel and I do find that my makeup blends and stays better when I use it. I like the squeeze bottle - no complaints there, and mine has never separated like I've read some reviewers say. One day maybe I'll splurge to see if the Smashbox is any better, but I'm happy with this for now. The price is a little high for a drugstore item, I will say. I will def repurchase.

A sizable dupe for the smashbox photo finish ones which have been my HG for years!

These are nice. But with SB my makeup applies smoother, looks smoother and lasts longer without me getting as oily. So yes I prefer SB but at $39 an ounce, NYX is $11 an ounce.

So since I'm on a budget I use nyx day to day and reserve SB for weekends, vacations and when I need to look more out together.

My favorite is the green tint. For both

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this - i have dry skin - especially in winter and this helps to stop my foundation looking patchy - goes on smooth and helps it to stay on longer.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this primer! I have oily skin, and make-up melts off my face by the end of the day... not with with primer! I actually took an hour-long spin class, sweat like I was in a sauna, hair and clothes were dripping... but face still looked pristine! Great product and value!

Popular Primer/ Correctors