December 18, 2014 | 1640 users online

Toners - Laneige - Perfect Renew Skin Refiner

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by jamboreeo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My combination oily skin has been oddly extra dry lately so I started using samples I received from previous purchases at Amore. I must say this refiner is pretty good and absorbs well along with the emulsion. It is gel consistency and feels light and spreads well. Initially watery/sticky feeling but absorbs pretty quickly. After a week of using the samples, my skin normalized a bit so less dry flakes on cheeks. However on humid days I skip the emulsion and the refiner is enough moisture for me as my T-zone still gets quite greasy throughout the day. I hope this refiner continues to work well for me as it is difficult for me to find products that work for my fickle skin. My usual skin routine is gel face wash, toner, Laneige Perfect Renew gel refiner, Laneige Perfect Renew emulsion. And depending on how dry my cheeks are I may add on a moisturizing cream after.

I went out and purchased the full size refiner and emulsion in a duo pack from Amore for $68 with an abundance of samples. .

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by trigin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried the skin refiners from White Plus version and Perfect Renew Line. This is by far my favourite toner/skin refiner step after using facial cleanser. Reason is the good moisturising properties after application. I used this with cotton pads and find that it also helps to clear out some residue/dead skin cells after cleansing as I notice the pads getting lightly greyed. It moisturised my face well when I follow up with the next steps of serum/moisturiser, depending on my needs of the day.

One bottle can last me 6 months with daily usage. I usually get this product from Korea so the price is reasonable. One minor issue is the scent, a floral-freshy one, is rather strong. Given a choice, I would prefer this product to reduce the amount of fragrance or to make it less strongly scented. No problems with breakout for me. I'm in my 30s with slight combination skin. While I have been trying out other toners, I find myself always coming back to re-purchase this item. Have finished around 2 bottles of this so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by tinka10

I really like this refiner. It absorbs really quickly into my skin leaving it plump, moisturised, and really smooth. It hasn't caused any abnormal break outs either, which is nice for a change. I also love how it looks, the ombre glass packaging is stunning, and the pump squirts just the right amount of product for my face and neck. Will definitely repurchase again in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by beckscxl

I do see slight changes (not significant) in my skin tone after using it for at least 3 months. It smells good. The texture is kind of sticky(?) that I find it a little troublesome to get it out of the bottle. Not a good texture if you like to apply toner with cotton wools.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by chockypocky

I have tried various lines from Laneige normal basic, water bank, and white plus renew. The "Perfect Renew" line is, by far, my favourite. I have combination skin that tends to be shiny and oily by midday, however, using moisturizers to combat oiliness over dries my skin. The previous Laneige lines did not provide sufficient moisture.

Usually, I will apply this after cleansing with "Laneige Moisture Foaming Cleanser" and gently exfoliating using an alcohol-free rose water toner soaked into Shiseido cotton pads. This has a gel-like consistency that absorbs quickly and plumps the skin, leaving a soft suppleness. It leaves a radiant glow, not an oily sheen. The smell is light and refreshing, just like how I feel after using the refiner.

I have noticed a significant difference in skin texture and tone after using this. Previously, with other Laneige lines, my skin would still be dull, flakey, and strangely oily as well. I used to have sunspots around my cheekbones, those have been reduced. I find this product to not only have anti-aging qualities, but whitening effects as well.

Due to the light consistency of the product, I would recommend it to those in their twenties, graduating to a richer product line (lancome or estee lauder) when approaching thirties as the moisture is not sufficient.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by supafob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a gift, as part of a gift set they had from Hong Kong. Iíve been using each product on its own. I will definitely need to test the full line together to see if that has any additional benefits. I have used this as the first product used immediately after cleansing skin, as well as a 3nd step Ė after cleansing & using a balancing water/toner. I definitely feel like using a balancing water before using this refiner helped absorb the product into the skin.

LIKES:
- Plumps Ė when used after a balancing water, I definitely felt like my skin plumped up a bit.
- Scent Ė clean, light, fresh scent. Not overpowering. Relaxing & refreshing.
- Texture Ė light, cool, refreshing. Even after a hot steamy shower, this refiner stays cool & feels great on the skin. After it gets absorbed into skin, I donít feel it anymore.
DISLIKES:
- Absorption Ė doesnít absorb quick enough for me. Iím always running late in the mornings. This one requires me to wait a bit for it to sink in before I add my next layer in my skincare.
- Texture Ė I have texture here again because I am not sure how I feel about the watery gel-like texture.
- Pump Ė I feel like it always squirts out a tad too much for my needs. Itís been hard for me to try and pump less.
- Packaging Ė I love the way it looks, with the light blue color glass bottle w/ pump, but a little bit heavy. Canít really take it anywhere with you. And Iím always dropping the huge cap. Thankfully itís sturdy enough it hasnít cracked (yet).

I am on the fence about repurchasing at this moment. I would repurchase as long as I am still using a balancing water in my skincare regimen. Also, am not sure how much it costs & how long the bottle lasts. I started using in Nov/Dec of 2012, try to use it day+night, and Iím only about 1/6 done, so it could be a decent price/oz.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by kiaratesoro

love this toner. I am an oily girl living in a tropical country but somehow this toner has kept my oilies at bay. It also comes in a gel form that does not make your skin tight and dry. Your skin will immediately feel soft and revitalized. The only con with this product is the price but its worth every cent and lasts a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by kamilladania

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Laneige Perfect Renew Skin Refiner
The consistency of this toner is different from most toners. It is gel- like, but not as thick as a typical gel-based skin care product. So I must say itís in between the consistency of a liquid and gel. It is scented, like most if not all Laneige products, but not in an overpowering way. I actually do like it. Kinda sweet and tangy. The packaging is in a blue, transparent pump-bottle. It looks good on my table, but not really practical because of the risk of breakage, especially since I travel long distances quite often.
How I apply it: I use this toner after cleansing. I use about half a pump, and using my fingertips, spread it very lightly on my face starting from the middle then outwards to the contours
Pros:
- It immediately gives moisture to my face especially since my skin tends to be very dry right after cleansing.
- A small pea size is enough for my entire face
- The skin absorbs the product very quickly- just like water.
Cons-
- Quite pricey (120ml for about $35- $40)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by vintagepeople

I love the packaging. I use this with the emulsion from the same line and my skin's never been so soft. I used to have really combination skin and I swear this stuff + the emulsion's really balanced it out. It's very strongly scented, so if you're sensitive to that I'd stay away. I'm not a big fan of scents either but this one's unobtrusive and it's worth it.

Minus one star because it's a bit expensive.