April 17, 2014 | 1886 users online

Moisturizers - Nivea - Daily Essentials Oil-free Moisturising Day Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2014 2:04:00 PM More reviews by lilyflowersss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was recently having problems with oily skin so I thought I'd try this. This moisturiser has made my face twice as oily as normal however, it goes on smoothly and has a pleasant smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by DaisyWoo

I have never considered an oil free moisturiser before but I couldn't afford my normal moisturiser and this was on offer. I absolutely adore it! When it is applied it dries to a sticky base which my mineral loose powder foundation just adheres to so well. My face looks glowing and it sets it for the day. It was interesting to see that last week I went to a concert where I found myself squished at the front, covered in other people's sweat in a horrible, horrible clammy state AND it was still set beautifully after!

The only thing I dislike is the lack of SPF. I can't wear sunscreen too well and I'm on the hunt for something to add to it, but if I can't find anything by summer then I will have to change which is a real shame.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by LookingGood85

I gave this three lippies as I actually liked this moisturiser,milked the smell, but it broke me out horribly with nasty cystic acne that I needed antibiotics for. BUT I an see how this could be a great moisturiser, just not for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2011 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Kitooo

I had to send this straight back to Nivea for a refund because it made my face so itchy and uncomfortable. I just wanted to wash it off straight away. I can see that it might be a little hydrating but from the irritation, tightness and everything, it didn't suit my skin at all. On the one day I managed to wear it for a prolonged period of time my skin just looked oily as usual so I didn't feel it did anything like it promised. Oh well!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by sheidadentist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As you see the ingredient list,It has too much alcohol!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by littlebuggy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The fragrance- although pleasant, could be taken down a notch. Otherwise, a great moisturiser and value for money. I have oily skin that's super sensitive and i'm surprised this doesn't break me out. Leaves skin feeling hydrated, fresh and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Hayes10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using Liz Earle and although I love it I wanted a lighter moisturiser and one that helps with the shine I get a few hours into the day. Although I've only been using this for a week I can honestly say it ticks all my boxes. My skin is shine free all day even in the heat and wearing sunscreen underneath. I was surprised as other nivea moisturisers have been disappointing. For the money I would recommend anyone to have a go.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Homegirl81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin is on the oily side, and until I started using this moisturiser I had fairly regular breakouts, mostly on my chin and jawline.

This moisturiser has completely changed my skin - it doesn't get oily anymore, I don't get any spots, and my skin is much more even in tone and healthier feeling. I've pretty much stopped using foundation most days as I feel my skin looks good enough bare.

It works great under make up, as it sinks in really easily, and doesn't leave any residue on the skin. It smells nice and fresh, and is lovely to apply. Sort of refreshing and rich at the same time. Leaves my skin super-smooth without being remotely greasy.

This stuff is also really cheap, and is often on 2-for-3 in Boots. I hope they never discontinue it! HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by JMWT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only Nivea moisturiser of the ones I've tried that I like. This cream is very lightweight but also moisturises well. Non-greasy and very quickly absorbed- great makeup base. I also love the scent, light and fresh, unlike some of Nivea's other heavily perfumed moisturisers. However this day cream only has spf 8. Nivea should really consider raising it to at least spf 15 imo. Overall, great for oily skins or anyone looking for a lightweight moisturiser.