Nivea Daily Essentials Oil-free Moisturising Day Cream

3.3

Aqua, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Alcohol Denat., Tapioca Starch, Methylpropanediol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Octocrylene, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Myristyl Myristate, Cymbopogon Citratus Extract, Oryza Sativa Extract, Aluminum Chlorohydrate, Octyldodecanol, Sodium Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Sodium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Trisodium EDTA, Benzyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Linalool, Geraniol, Parfum

on 2/19/2015 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Having used Clinique's dramatically different moisturising gel for years, I was reluctant to change from this. I had completely run out of this though and didn't have chance to buy a new one that day and couldn't go without moisturiser so popped into Superdrug for something to tide me over until I could get my normal gel. It was a BOGOF offer for £3.50 or something like that. I was pretty worried it might cause me a breakout but two weeks later I'm okay. This is nice and light as well as obviously the Clinique one was a gel and this is described as a cream but it's not thick. It takes slightly longer than the Clinique to feel completely dry and soaked in but not considerably. I will continue for now with this as no reason not too. May go back to Clinique as it's an old firm fav but for the price in comparison this doesn't do a bad job and my make up behaves the same way too. Smell is quite strong but not unpleasant; don't know why they've used quite a strong one.

on 7/25/2014 6:31:00 AM

I thought I would give this product a try as it was in the reduced to clear bin at my local priceline. What a waste if money. It doesn't help with my dry areas and does not stop oil what so ever. I found after about 2 weeks of daily use it also made me break out also. For me, this product will not be used again

on 6/30/2014 4:20:00 AM

This is absolutely beautiful to wear underneath foundation - I use it before applying Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation with a beauty blender and it sits flawless into the skin on top of this cream. The skin feels nourished and looks dewy but not overly oily/greasy. You can't feel the cream on your face as it doesn't leave the residue an oil-based moisturiser would. Although this product is wonderful to put underneath foundation I wouldn't wear it on it's own because it looks quite shiny. Great packaging, brilliant price. Would re-purchase as it makes foundation look flawless while nourishing skin.

on 4/29/2014 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have oily skin and thought I'd try this out since it was cheap and supposedly oil-free. Unfortunately, it left my face feeling sticky, making it difficult to apply make up. I even broke out in spots on my chin and cheeks. The smell is just unnecessarily strong as well. Even though it's suppose to be a pleasant scent, it was lingering for ages after I applied it, which is kind of annoying.
I really tried to use and like this product, but after a week it really did no good and just made my acne worse. I really have to applaud Nivea though -- good job on making a product feel sticky and heavy on skin even though it's suppose to be oil-free! Think I'll stick to my usual moisturiser.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was recently having problems with oily skin so I thought I'd try this. This moisturiser has made my face twice as oily as normal however, it goes on smoothly and has a pleasant smell.

on 3/11/2013 1:23:00 PM

I have never considered an oil free moisturiser before but I couldn't afford my normal moisturiser and this was on offer. I absolutely adore it! When it is applied it dries to a sticky base which my mineral loose powder foundation just adheres to so well. My face looks glowing and it sets it for the day. It was interesting to see that last week I went to a concert where I found myself squished at the front, covered in other people's sweat in a horrible, horrible clammy state AND it was still set beautifully after!

The only thing I dislike is the lack of SPF. I can't wear sunscreen too well and I'm on the hunt for something to add to it, but if I can't find anything by summer then I will have to change which is a real shame.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I gave this three lippies as I actually liked this moisturiser,milked the smell, but it broke me out horribly with nasty cystic acne that I needed antibiotics for. BUT I an see how this could be a great moisturiser, just not for me!

on 10/14/2011 9:38:00 AM

I had to send this straight back to Nivea for a refund because it made my face so itchy and uncomfortable. I just wanted to wash it off straight away. I can see that it might be a little hydrating but from the irritation, tightness and everything, it didn't suit my skin at all. On the one day I managed to wear it for a prolonged period of time my skin just looked oily as usual so I didn't feel it did anything like it promised. Oh well!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

As you see the ingredient list,It has too much alcohol!

on 5/31/2011 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

The fragrance- although pleasant, could be taken down a notch. Otherwise, a great moisturiser and value for money. I have oily skin that's super sensitive and i'm surprised this doesn't break me out. Leaves skin feeling hydrated, fresh and soft.