November 23, 2014 | 2023 users online

Moisturizers - Nivea - Daily Essentials Oil-free Moisturising Day Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by hannahros3

I thought I would give this product a try as it was in the reduced to clear bin at my local priceline. What a waste if money. It doesn't help with my dry areas and does not stop oil what so ever. I found after about 2 weeks of daily use it also made me break out also. For me, this product will not be used again

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 4:20:00 AM More reviews by rusalkawodna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is absolutely beautiful to wear underneath foundation - I use it before applying Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation with a beauty blender and it sits flawless into the skin on top of this cream. The skin feels nourished and looks dewy but not overly oily/greasy. You can't feel the cream on your face as it doesn't leave the residue an oil-based moisturiser would. Although this product is wonderful to put underneath foundation I wouldn't wear it on it's own because it looks quite shiny. Great packaging, brilliant price. Would re-purchase as it makes foundation look flawless while nourishing skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Albaforia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin and thought I'd try this out since it was cheap and supposedly oil-free. Unfortunately, it left my face feeling sticky, making it difficult to apply make up. I even broke out in spots on my chin and cheeks. The smell is just unnecessarily strong as well. Even though it's suppose to be a pleasant scent, it was lingering for ages after I applied it, which is kind of annoying.
I really tried to use and like this product, but after a week it really did no good and just made my acne worse. I really have to applaud Nivea though -- good job on making a product feel sticky and heavy on skin even though it's suppose to be oil-free! Think I'll stick to my usual moisturiser.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2014 2:04:00 PM More reviews by lilyflowersss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was recently having problems with oily skin so I thought I'd try this. This moisturiser has made my face twice as oily as normal however, it goes on smoothly and has a pleasant smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by DaisyWoo

I have never considered an oil free moisturiser before but I couldn't afford my normal moisturiser and this was on offer. I absolutely adore it! When it is applied it dries to a sticky base which my mineral loose powder foundation just adheres to so well. My face looks glowing and it sets it for the day. It was interesting to see that last week I went to a concert where I found myself squished at the front, covered in other people's sweat in a horrible, horrible clammy state AND it was still set beautifully after!

The only thing I dislike is the lack of SPF. I can't wear sunscreen too well and I'm on the hunt for something to add to it, but if I can't find anything by summer then I will have to change which is a real shame.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by LookingGood85

I gave this three lippies as I actually liked this moisturiser,milked the smell, but it broke me out horribly with nasty cystic acne that I needed antibiotics for. BUT I an see how this could be a great moisturiser, just not for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2011 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Kitooo

I had to send this straight back to Nivea for a refund because it made my face so itchy and uncomfortable. I just wanted to wash it off straight away. I can see that it might be a little hydrating but from the irritation, tightness and everything, it didn't suit my skin at all. On the one day I managed to wear it for a prolonged period of time my skin just looked oily as usual so I didn't feel it did anything like it promised. Oh well!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by sheidadentist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As you see the ingredient list,It has too much alcohol!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by littlebuggy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The fragrance- although pleasant, could be taken down a notch. Otherwise, a great moisturiser and value for money. I have oily skin that's super sensitive and i'm surprised this doesn't break me out. Leaves skin feeling hydrated, fresh and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Hayes10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using Liz Earle and although I love it I wanted a lighter moisturiser and one that helps with the shine I get a few hours into the day. Although I've only been using this for a week I can honestly say it ticks all my boxes. My skin is shine free all day even in the heat and wearing sunscreen underneath. I was surprised as other nivea moisturisers have been disappointing. For the money I would recommend anyone to have a go.