Nivea Nivea Visage Pure & Natural Soothing Day Cream

3.2

Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Alcohol Denat., Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Methylpropanediol, Octyldodecanol, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glyceryl Stearate, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Tocopherol, Maltodextrin, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance

on 3/18/2015 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this cream! I have dry sensitive skin and this is one of the very few creams that don't sting my skin! A lot of expensive creams irritate my skin? by this just moisturizes it and makes it nice and smooth. It also absorbs very fast.

on 12/24/2014 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

What a fabulous product and especially the price! I have sensitive hormonal skin and I get little bumps under my skin and blackheads from clogged pores. This moisturiser does not contain SPF so does not break me out. It works as a great base under foundation - no primer needed. From various trial and error, I find it works best under Clinique's Even Better - it doesn't settle into pores or dries up. The foundation just comfortably sits over this foundation for 14 hours with no touch ups. Does not work as well with Clinique's Superbalanced Foundation - tends to get a little oily and the foundation slides a little.

On it's own without any makeup, it also feels very comfortable over my dry combination skin. Smells great. Standard glass jar. Wonderful products and a great price. Mild fresh smelling fragrance - doesn't bother me.

on 12/13/2014 4:13:00 PM

I've just seen this product's review on the first page and I remembered I used it also last year. It made my face oily and gave me pimples and clogged my pores. So I didn't wait to see the soothing action . Something with alcohol can't be soothing for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have been using this product on and off for 3 years. I have acne prone skin and i try to switch out for more high end brands such as clinique or estee lauder. I always end up switching back to this. Its one of the only products that doesnt aggrevate my acne and ive had he clearest skin of my life using this product. The texture is might be a down side for some people, for me the texture keeps my skin moisturised all day and absorbs well - without using nasty mineral oil. I feel it doesnt break me out because its formulated without the additives like parabens, colorants, mineral oil and silicones which are the culprits for my breakouts. Its 97% naturally sourced which is fine by me. It does not have sunscreen, which for me is a plus because i can use it in the night without sunscreen and in the day adding my own sunscreen underneath. It has a beautifully fresh and clean sent, common in most nivea products. Be sure to take that into consideration if you have sensitivity to sented products.

Okay, first of all, I think this product is an excellent low priced dupe for Clinique's Redness Solutions Day Cream. Though not advertised as redness reducing, this cream drastically reduced my facial redness, something I have struggled with my whole life. It was incredibly calming to my skin, and dried to a smooth matte finish. As a daytime moisturizer on it's own, I love this.

I don't think it's a good base to makeup, however. At least not without a really good silicone primer to add slip. When trying to apply foundation after this, it was a mess. The foundation streaked, settled and caked. I believe this has to do with the matte finish of this moisturizer. For makeup days I prefer to use either my Clinique Dramatically Different Gel or my Neutrogena Naturals Multivitamin Moisturizer. Much smoother for makeup application.

UPDATE: Though I still think this is a great product, it is not moisturizing enough for the fall and winter months. I switched to Nivea's Sensitive line of products and am very satisfied with the moisturizing power. Will definitely come back to this for spring/summer though!

on 7/13/2014 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought this while it was on sale because of the Argan oil element in it. I also appreciated the less chemical approach that Nivea took with this. I really like the glass jar it was in. Great if you want to reuse it for something else.

The actual product itself is another story. I have dry skin and moisturizing daily is a necessity for me. This cream just sits on top of your skin. Its tacky and takes forever to be absorbed. If anything it accentuates the fact that I have dry skin. It feels like you took oil and rubbed it on dry skin and just let it sit there to show every dry nook and cranny (which would even be better than this). Its too heavy to be called a day cream and it is definitely not soothing.

on 5/8/2014 7:06:00 AM

I just brought this cream and I like it a lot the smell is so nice I love it and I also like the argan oil and camomile in it to it goes on smooth and it soothes my skin I haven't got a irritation from it yet so I'll see how it goes but I like it and I would buy it again.

on 1/7/2014 2:37:00 PM

This product has the following ingredients:

This product is somewhat overly fragranced but this soothes my skin like no other. I would prefer a fragrance-free version but I wear this under mineral powder during the day and it provides adequate moisture for both cold winter climates and when applied sparingly for the summer.

I enjoy the environmentally-friendly glass packing (even if Paula Begoun does not) and would recommend this product as it is under 10 dollars where I live.

on 7/21/2013 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Affordable Skincare.
It Moisturizes all day, and does not aggravate my acne unlike Clean & clear and olay moisturizers. It comes in a tub form, which is made out of glass, which i prefer over plastic.
It is 95% of natural origin, the other 5% being fragrance and ingredients to extend shelf life . I was surprised at the pleasant smell of this cream compared to other natural moisturizers which make my nose wrinkle by the sent and texture.
I like the fact that it contains argon oil, the only downside to this product is that it doesn't contain an spf.

Ive been using this day cream for months, the camomile soothes my skin like the product claims and has the added bonus of removing signs of irritation & redness from my face. I use this after i wash my face and use the toner from the pure and natural line. This product is especially useful during winter or after excessive sun exposure to replenish skin. would recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin.

on 5/6/2013 2:18:00 PM

I actually love this.. so surprised at all the negative reviews. I have combo skin and it takes a while to sink into my skin but it gets the job done and my face feels BABY soft :') I use this both day and night, or whenever I just feel dry and I have no problem with putting it under my makeup.

It has a really nice texture and smell too (lots of people are complaining about the smell and how it doesn't seem natural but I actually love it.. I feel like a vintage glam girl or something putting this on haha). And although the glass jar isn't too sanitary, it makes the product feel more expensive and looks nice on my vanity table.

All in all, it's a really good moisturiser & I would repurchase!

Popular Moisturizers