September 18, 2014 | 1376 users online

Moisturizers - Nivea - Nivea Visage Pure & Natural Soothing Day Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by guitarheroine91

Okay, first of all, I think this product is an excellent low priced dupe for Clinique's Redness Solutions Day Cream. Though not advertised as redness reducing, this cream drastically reduced my facial redness, something I have struggled with my whole life. It was incredibly calming to my skin, and dried to a smooth matte finish. As a daytime moisturizer on it's own, I love this.

I don't think it's a good base to makeup, however. At least not without a really good silicone primer to add slip. When trying to apply foundation after this, it was a mess. The foundation streaked, settled and caked. I believe this has to do with the matte finish of this moisturizer. For makeup days I prefer to use either my Clinique Dramatically Different Gel or my Neutrogena Naturals Multivitamin Moisturizer. Much smoother for makeup application.

If redness or sensitivity is an issue for you though, this product does wonders, and for that reason I'm still giving it 5 lippies!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by NAFN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this while it was on sale because of the Argan oil element in it. I also appreciated the less chemical approach that Nivea took with this. I really like the glass jar it was in. Great if you want to reuse it for something else.

The actual product itself is another story. I have dry skin and moisturizing daily is a necessity for me. This cream just sits on top of your skin. Its tacky and takes forever to be absorbed. If anything it accentuates the fact that I have dry skin. It feels like you took oil and rubbed it on dry skin and just let it sit there to show every dry nook and cranny (which would even be better than this). Its too heavy to be called a day cream and it is definitely not soothing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 7:06:00 AM More reviews by Bee82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just brought this cream and I like it a lot the smell is so nice I love it and I also like the argan oil and camomile in it to it goes on smooth and it soothes my skin I haven't got a irritation from it yet so I'll see how it goes but I like it and I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by insidiator

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product has the following ingredients:

Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Alcohol Denat., Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Methylpropanediol, Octyldodecanol, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glyceryl Stearate, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Tocopherol, Maltodextrin, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance

This product is somewhat overly fragranced but this soothes my skin like no other. I would prefer a fragrance-free version but I wear this under mineral powder during the day and it provides adequate moisture for both cold winter climates and when applied sparingly for the summer.

I enjoy the environmentally-friendly glass packing (even if Paula Begoun does not) and would recommend this product as it is under 10 dollars where I live.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by M00SIS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Affordable Skincare.
It Moisturizes all day, and does not aggravate my acne unlike Clean & clear and olay moisturizers. It comes in a tub form, which is made out of glass, which i prefer over plastic.
It is 95% of natural origin, the other 5% being fragrance and ingredients to extend shelf life . I was surprised at the pleasant smell of this cream compared to other natural moisturizers which make my nose wrinkle by the sent and texture.
I like the fact that it contains argon oil, the only downside to this product is that it doesn't contain an spf.

Ive been using this day cream for months, the camomile soothes my skin like the product claims and has the added bonus of removing signs of irritation & redness from my face. I use this after i wash my face and use the toner from the pure and natural line. This product is especially useful during winter or after excessive sun exposure to replenish skin. would recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by wandaana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually love this.. so surprised at all the negative reviews. I have combo skin and it takes a while to sink into my skin but it gets the job done and my face feels BABY soft :') I use this both day and night, or whenever I just feel dry and I have no problem with putting it under my makeup.

It has a really nice texture and smell too (lots of people are complaining about the smell and how it doesn't seem natural but I actually love it.. I feel like a vintage glam girl or something putting this on haha). And although the glass jar isn't too sanitary, it makes the product feel more expensive and looks nice on my vanity table.

All in all, it's a really good moisturiser & I would repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by mylosttwin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The only reason I can give it 2 stars is because of the moisturizing value. But I hate the smell of it. Why do they claim it's all pure and natural when it smells like toilet spray? It should be perfume free or don't state it's for sensitive skin type. I smell like a bouquet of "fake" flowers for hours after using it. It also makes my eyes watering even though I don't apply near them. As much as I wanted to like it I don't unfortunately.:(

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by ReginaDrake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this product to be very moisturizing without clogging my pores. With works well as a day or night cream for my sensitive skin. In the packaging it says: ''0% of silicons, parabens, mineral oils and colors'' as well as stating to be 95% of natural origin...
The sense can be a bit overwhelm, to me it smells strongly of alcohol; the packaging allows you to use all of your product without going to waste, so that is a plus. I would recommend this to everyone, no matter your skin type. I know people with oil skin and dry drink who both love this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by carltonbp

I can't believe they marketed this as a day cream. I can't imagine anyone's skin to be so dry they can absorb this. However for me it makes a wonderful night cream over retin-a. I don't think it does much beyond moisturising but I wake up with soft even toned skin. No redness or dry patches from the retin-a which I would get without it. Previously I used Vichy Aqualia Rich which is over 3 times the price for doing the same thing.

My skin is very fussy, often product will clog, make dull, cause a break out etc. And I've discovered the fussier the cream the more likely this is going to happen. So I'm targetting age etc with the retin a and the other products are to clean and moisturise. Trying to keep it simple.

If you're like me then I also recommend Nivea's daily essentials in tubes, both the normal and rich work for me (prefer the rich even in summer despite not having 'dry' skin). Great bases for makeup too. Garnier does several milk cleaners the soothing version currently in pale blue bottle is fantastic. I use it with water and microfibre cloth, I'm left with soft clean skin. Added bonus is they're all cheap and often available at half price.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulFlower

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Believe it or not, I loved the fragrance of this product, and the feel of it... at least I DID. Then, my chin & forehead began to break out in "hives" !! I don't know what it is from, but I'm definitely allergic to SOMETHING in this product!