September 20, 2014 | 1779 users online

Moisturizers - St. Ives - St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by mecat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I grew up when kids played outside all day, and I don't think my parents had even heard of something called sunscreen. As I've gotten older I've realized that my skin, especially on my chest area, is pretty sun-damaged.

After doing some research here on MUA I decide to pick up a tub of the St Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer. I feel the product is a bit heavy for my face, so I only use it on my neck & chest area. I've only been using it twice a day for a few weeks, but WOW! The difference in the look & texture of my skin is remarkable. A few years ago I had a pre cancerous spot removed, and sometimes the skin around that area would become very flakey. Since I've been using this moisturizer, I've noticed this is becoming less of a problem.

I use a small amount so I'm pretty sure the jar will last a long time, but I already know that it's something I'll be using for a very long time. In fact I may even stockpile a few jars just in case it's ever discontinued.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Huge tub of lotion. No real use for this as it did nothing for my skin.
It was a nice consistancy and smells clean and fresh. It absorbs super quick as well.
I like that is a creamy whipped texture. However, for my face it did cause it to be a bit more greasy which got worse with continued use and I saw no improvement in my skin it also was causing some breakouts. A tub will last you a very long time. Since I still have some I am using it on my body instead and it is working out ok.
My skin is soft and moirsurized but that's about it. Still good but I have seen no other results. I am going to finish it up on my tummy and chest and if I see anything happens I will update if I notice any changes. Other than that I would not repurchase. I will use St. Ives lotion with a pump instead if I want a body lotion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Sanzibar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this on sale at Walgreen's because I read somewhere Dr. Oz recommended it. It's an ok skin cream but definitely nothing special.

The texture of this white cream is almost watery, especially compared to a thicker cream like Nivea. It's got an almost gel like feel to it but it's a bit heavier than a lotion. I've used it as a face cream and it did soften my skin. Took a little time to absorb, a little too long for me since I'm always in hurry in the mornings. Other than the softening, I didn't see any other improvements. I didn't suffer any breakouts either but I do have that "mature" skin thing going on now.

I'm using it up as a body cream. Again, it's just ok for that. For the price you get a huge tub, but there are better creams on the market which are moderately priced. I don't plan to repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by SophiaSopapilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been using this for 3 years when about a year ago I noticed a big change in my skin. My complexion was sallow, uneven. I started researching moisturizers and I came across the ingredients in this product. At some point within the last year or so this was reformulated and mineral oil was added. Mineral oil can be bad for oily skin (like mine). From what I understand it acts like sealant on the surface of the skin, preventing the pores from functioning normally and contributing to clogged pores.
I stopped using this and switched to grape seed/almond seed oil. Within a few months I saw an improvement in my skin. My makeup lasted longer with grape seed/almond oil. When I used this lotion I would have cracks and breakdown on my chin, around my nose and on my forehead by the end of the day.

I would be hesitant to purchase this if you have oily skin. Do your research on mineral oil.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

The fragrance in this is SO strong which is a huge no-no for my very sensitive skin. I always try to avoid skincare products that add fragrance in them since it irritates my skin. So I don't actually use this as a full facial moisturizer, just only in certain spots that need it. I apply a tiny dab on my forehead lines once a night before bed and that's it. It's a large tub so it will definitely last me a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Lvdrew319

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is freaking AMAZING. I couldn't use it as a full face moisturizer (prob the mineral oil), but it works wonders as an eye/neck/body cream. Even though it didn't work on my face (didn't really have high expectations for this due to my stubborn facial skin) I still rate this 5 stars because of how beautiful and soft this makes me feel every where else. I'm a religious moisturizer after I shower at night and then lightly when I wake up, I can honestly say I've tried probably literally every drugstore lotion known to man and this is the absolute best. It's cheap enough, around $5 depending where you get it, that I continue buying this for my body. It is SO worth a try. My mom is allergic to nearly everything and she said even though it gave her a rash, her skin still felt awesome! lol. I was previously using PONDS Crema S for an eye and neck cream, because that's the only places it would work on me, and the St. Ives blew this out of the water by a long shot. go to the store now and get a tub!
One more thing, the packaging probably could be more sanitary but if you just take a min to wash your hands it's no big thing. I don't really see anyone saying "Omg I dipped my fingers in the tub and I got severe acne" lol

UPDATE: I CAN use this as a full facial moisturizer after I use the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque (which is pretty popular) I honestly think the mask shrinks my pores up enough to where the St Ives doesn't just pool up in my pores. That's the only way it's worked for me on the entire face. ps I highly recommend the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque and to also use it as a spot treatment. It pulls out impurities, and if you have ever gotten a HUGE UGLY red deep skin bump, which we all have, this is amazing at making them come to a head. If you find the mask suits you, you're probably safe to spot treat those over night. I just did it last night for the deepest ugliest cyst and it brought it to a head. I did it again this morning and by noon I was able to get the stuff out. sounds gross but I have never come across something that did this, I had to share!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by EustaciaVye22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff!! its working like a charm on my forehead lines, and gives my skin a beautiful glow after I use it. I decided to try it after I used the St. Ives Apricot Scrub and was impressed with that. I like the easy to use jar it comes in (though I think it could use a sheet of plastic or something you rip off before using, because what's to stop someone from sticking their finger in it in the store?), and the smell is subtle but pleasant. Its not super thick or heavy, but it definitely has body and volume to it. A little dab will do ya - I'm still using product from the inside of the lid - so for the price, you're getting a fantastic amount of a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by dst4ever

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't start using this product until 8 weeks ago and I absolutely LOVE it! Initially I was concerned because I have oily skin that is far more oily during the summer. Now, I use this twice daily and I cannot go a day without it. It leaves my skin feeling soft and rejuvenated. My skin looks supple and healthy. If you have not tried this moisturizer, you are certainly missing out on a great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

This mositurizer is excellent for oily or normal skin. It is light and absorbs quickly. The price is so good if you do not object to using a big tub (I do not). I use it on my neck, above my upper lip and undereye area but not on my face because I am acne prone and use mositurizers only on selective areas that do not break out. Althoug the second ingredient is mineral oil, the cream is not a bit oily. The fragrance is mild, milky herbal that I did not find objectional. Many people would find this a highly useful and inexpensive product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Keijei21

I just picked this up tonight to try. My teacher recommended it because it was found to be the best moisturizer, even better than the high-end stuff. (She also works at a department store in the beauty department for a high-end retailer). She told us about a study they did, which provided this cream as the most effective one. I'll write another review once I've tested it. Side note* look for body lotions with lanolin in it!!! The only one I could find in the drugstore was Queen Helene's Cocoa Butter, which you can get a HUGE bottle for under $5.00!!!