December 27, 2014 | 1423 users online

Moisturizers - St. Ives - St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All I have to say is that this product works. It helped my super dry skin. Before I had wrinkles and creases when I wear makeup and just look old. Now I look my age again a young but not old 25. Now when I wear foundation and powder no more ceasing. Also no more dry patches. It's winter and this is the first time I have had continuous moisturized skin even when I don't use this product my skin STAY smooth and moisturized. I have been using it for 6 months and it changed my life people compliment my skin a lot.I no longer need foundation just to walk out the door to do something simple. I now have the confidence that I use to have back when I was 16 and 18 before the stress came in my life and made me look old. I love st ives products the facial scub is a must. It's been six months that I've been using this product and still I haven't even touched what's in the tub.I been using what's in the top. you get a lot of product for 5 dollars and a little bit seriously go a long long way. Also I haven't had any breakouts from this. And I love the smell of this stuff. It make me thinkof the 90s for some reason.😕

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by mellymel11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this as my nightly moisturizer. It is fairly affordable it is six dollars for this huge jar of products. it is lightly scented and absorbs fairly quickly and leaves my skin feeling moisturized. it does not clog my pores.I am not sure if it will give long-term results but I'm fairly happy with it as a moisturizer for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by adamj95

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is absolutely amazing. This soaks in so fast and make my skin so moisturized! Will definitely be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Hannahkay21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

The list of positive things I could write about this moisturizer is endless. I LOVE IT!!! My skin is sooooo dry in the winter and I have spent too much trying to find something that actually works to get rid of my dry patches. I feel like I have tried it all... The other day I was shopping for a new face wash because my previous purchase gave me an allergic reaction. My boyfriend was with me and actually picked up this moisturizer and said "I feel like this is the only thing you haven't tried for your dry skin, and it smells much better than the Ponds lotion you use" hahaha. (He does not like the smell of the Ponds dry skin cream I used before). It was only 5 bucks so I got it.. and I LOOOOOVE it. Smells so nice and even though it is lightweight it completely moisturizes my poor dry skin. I also love that it didn't give me any type of reaction because I was cursed with really sensitive skin :( overall I am so in love and will continue to buy forever. My skin just loves this stuff, and it is so affordable. HIGHLY recommend.

Skin type: dry (winter is reallllly dry), occasional breakouts, medium skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by grapes123xo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the cheapest moisturizers for fine lines. The smell smells like plants its not bothersome at all. Its very lightweight and not that moisturizing and thats good for me because i have oily skin. It did make my skin feel firmer. I think the whole st ives line is really good and affordable. This also gives my skin a slight glow.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by alleyaddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Haven't noticed any wrinkle reduction. The tub packaging is also not very hygienic. Pass.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Steelermummeh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this tub of goodness. Used it for years, actually. No bad smell, easy to apply the right amount, and effective. And that price...whooosh! Yes please.

Someone below mentioned how bad mineral oil is, and advised us to research. Well, I did that (actually that's my background - clinical research). And what I found was that the reality is quite different from the myths. Yes, do your own research - but do it properly. Look for studies, for journal reports. Not websites who really don't know of what they speak.

Mineral oil gets a very bad rap...for no real reason at all.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by katiexkaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my go to moisturizer. I have tried super expensive brands and creams, but find this to be the best across the board. Unless you have super dry skin, this is perfect for everyone. My grandma, mom, and I all use it and the tub lasts forever. I have combination skin, but find that this really balances my skin well. When I use is consistently, I don't have dry spots or oily spots, just normal skin. It is does not clog pores, and actually helps heal any blemishes I have by moisturizing the skin around it and lessening the irritation. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by mecat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I grew up when kids played outside all day, and I don't think my parents had even heard of something called sunscreen. As I've gotten older I've realized that my skin, especially on my chest area, is pretty sun-damaged.

After doing some research here on MUA I decide to pick up a tub of the St Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer. I feel the product is a bit heavy for my face, so I only use it on my neck & chest area. I've only been using it twice a day for a few weeks, but WOW! The difference in the look & texture of my skin is remarkable. A few years ago I had a pre cancerous spot removed, and sometimes the skin around that area would become very flakey. Since I've been using this moisturizer, I've noticed this is becoming less of a problem.

I use a small amount so I'm pretty sure the jar will last a long time, but I already know that it's something I'll be using for a very long time. In fact I may even stockpile a few jars just in case it's ever discontinued.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Huge tub of lotion. No real use for this as it did nothing for my skin.
It was a nice consistancy and smells clean and fresh. It absorbs super quick as well.
I like that is a creamy whipped texture. However, for my face it did cause it to be a bit more greasy which got worse with continued use and I saw no improvement in my skin it also was causing some breakouts. A tub will last you a very long time. Since I still have some I am using it on my body instead and it is working out ok.
My skin is soft and moirsurized but that's about it. Still good but I have seen no other results. I am going to finish it up on my tummy and chest and if I see anything happens I will update if I notice any changes. Other than that I would not repurchase. I will use St. Ives lotion with a pump instead if I want a body lotion.