Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm - Hibiscus

4.1

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I don't know what happened! When I owned this lip balm last summer, it gave me such nice red tint on my lips. Unfortunately I lost it, so today I bought one at Ulta but it hardly left any kind of color on my lips :( Maybe my lips got darker? I really don't know. It still feels very nice, moisturizing & light on the lips but I loved it for the red tint that people complimented it for, so I won't repurchase..

I love this product! The translucency lends a very natural but polished look. It feels really comfortable to wear too, not waxy or sticky at all.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The color of this tinted lip balm is very pigmented. The color is also beautiful, not too dark red but not too pink. It's moisturizing my lips and doesn't dry my lips.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the way this product makes my lips feel moisturized and doesn't have a strong, fruity scent. (Too many tinted lip balms are highly scented.) Hibiscus is a great "my lips but better" shade for me--I have fair (light but not pink-toned) skin, and my lips are fairly pink already. This just deepens the color a bit and adds a hint of shine. I am so happy that there is no frost or shimmer in this product--that is *so* common in lip balms and sheer lip color. I am looking for another shade to replace Tiger Lily, which was discontinued. I like Hibiscus, but I'm also looking for an alternate shade with just a hint of coral. (I am planning to try Zinnia.)

I am asian with light to mid-toned skin and pretty pigmented lips.
I am always in search of that pinky nude, coral lip and this comes pretty close.
The lip balm feels really good. I have dry chapped lips most of the time and usually need to apply vaseline underneath any lip product. This is a true tinted lip balm, and doesn't need anything underneath.
The colour is very pretty on me. A peachy pink - a MYLBB.
It feels more slippery than waxy.
That's my gripe with this product. I really like it, but it really doesn't last because it's so slippery. If you eat or drink anything it's totally gone.
Seeing as this is $7.99 CDN, it's pretty expensive for wearing only an hour before it's gone.
However, this at least looks good while it's on, and has more natural ingredients.
Not sure if I would repurchase, but don't regret buying this (does that make sense?)

The cardboard packaging is super cute,once you open it it revels a normal lipbalm container.The product doesn't have an overpowering scent,Color wise it is more like a stain but it can be built up.This color in particular is more on the orangy side,and it washes all the color out of my pale face,I believe people with slight tanned complexions will adore this shade .As far as moisturizing wise I recomend you wear another lipbalm underneath this one as it is not the most hydrating formula.Overall I would repurchase. I curently own two tubes of this stuff in the shades "Hibiscus" and "Pink blossom" which is my favorite of the two.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This product is great for my beige lips that is in dire need of color. I am an NC 42 for reference and I have been on the hunt for a MLBB that doesn't pull neither too pink nor too nude. I would like the illusion of the just bitten, juicy reddish lips.

I bought this color after trying out and enjoying Tiger Lily. Though Tiger Lily pulls more peachy nude, I was hoping Hibiscus was the color that would do the trick. I expected Hibiscus to lean more pink as it is labeled with the other pinks in the line. Pleasantly surprised, it swatched a reddish coral color and on my lips, it gives this amazing reddish pink color, everything that I've hoped for in a color. And of course, it's a plus that the balm gives amazing moisture and it keeps my lips moist after the color washes off.

So even though I looked at a ton of pictures of swatches of these tinted lip balms online, I still was a little disappointed that the color hibiscus didn't match my expectations. Even though it is grouped under the pink category in their marketing, it's definitely a brown peach on me, and that's not what I was after.

On a lot of pictures I saw it looked like a great balanced blend of warms and pinks--a perfect shade for no makeup makeup if you will--and it may well show up that way on people with different coloring from mine. But on my pale but olive-y skin it's mostly a tawny peach. It's not a bad color for fall, and it's a plus that it shows up on lips and blends well, but still wasn't what i had hoped for. I guess I should have ordered the Rose shade, but I was afraid Rose would be too red and that's not what I wanted either. Besides, Hibiscus was on sale for $5.49, whereas the other ones were full price, around $7 I think.

The formula: quite thick, full of plant butters and waxes. I like that aspect, but I see some reviewers think it's too heavy. It's something to keep in mind--it's heavier than their lip balms, such as the pomegranate and mango ones.

I noticed a peculiar smell the first several applications, which I don't notice anymore. It's kind of jasminy but waxy at the same time, probably the plant waxes as they were exposed to oxygen. It was different, but I didn't mind the scent, and, as i said, I don't notice it anymore.

Will I repurchase? I'm so torn on this one. I like the heavy formula for fall and winter with the added bonus of color, but I'm still mad that the color was so different from expectation. It makes me wonder if it skews brown because of the kinds of pigments they use, and whether it would be an issue in the other colors. So I vote no for now, but I may change my mind if they come out with more colors and if I find them with a discount, and I still haven't found that elusive everyday moisturizing natural lip enhancing color.

I love tinted lip balms to wear around the house or when I'm just going out shopping. I also love the idea of natural products and so when I saw this at the grocery store I was definitely interested in trying it. We'll start with the color; I picked this color thinking it would wear like a raspberry pink but what I ended up with is more of a deep nude with a hint of coral and red. My lips aren't very pigmented so I'd say the color is pretty far off from what it looked like on it's packaging.

The color being incorrect was certainly a disappointment but had I liked the formula I would have simply purchased a different color. That said the product did nothing for my dry lips and in fact only enhanced their dry appearance; on top of that it had quite poor staying power. One thing I do like about this lip balm is the scent; it's very subtle and sweet compared to the overpowering floral or mint scents used in other lip products.

I bought this recently and I think it's a really great product. It's very moisturising, treats my sensitive lips well, is easy to carry around and comes in a practical lip balm tube that makes it very easy to apply. I think Burt's Bees have really perfected the concentration of colour with this range - I also own the Rose shade and with both colours they give a perfectly sheer and subtle tint, which can be intensified with multiple applications. I personally prefer rose, but then I do naturally have quite pinkish lips so the colour payoff is just better for me with that tone rather than hibiscus - although having said that hibiscus still gives a lovely pink tint that works with the yellow undertones of my skin (I had another tinted lip balm that was just too pink for my colouring before). Overall it's my new HG lip product, although I prefer rose and this can be kind of expensive although usually you can find it at a decent price (I got 2 for 10AUD recently at priceline)

Popular Lip Treatments