October 25, 2014 | 1838 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - Lipslicks - Edgy

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by froggygrow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I heard this product was similar to Clinique's Black Honey. It was a bit hard to find, but I finally found it at the local supermarket. It's a very nice emollient lipstick that gives a hint of plum color. Looks more like a tinted balm than a lipstick. This is flattering on most skin tones. The scent is a bit off-putting, and the packaging is not the greatest, but for the price it's something I can overlook.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by lcarrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I thought this color was discontinued, but I found it at a grocery store while I was out of town. Woot!

I was excited to pick up this product because it is hailed as being a dupe for my beloved Clinique Black Honey. They definitely aren't dupes, but I love them both. Edgy is much more purple and therefore not as natural looking; Black Honey is better if you're going for the "no make-up make-up look" and Edgy feels more dramatic. It leans more plummy while Black Honey looks more raisin. I also find Edgy to be much more buildable, which is fantastic. It can go from giving you a nice sheer berry flush to a rather intense look similar to Revlon Va Va Violet but more toned down. I really enjoy the versatility. The product also has a grape scent that reminds me of a grape soda! It's pretty inoffensive and not all that detectable on the lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG lip gloss and has been for years now. I just swipe a bit of this on and I'm good to go for a quick easy natural look. The color is such a nice warm but sheer deep plummy pink and it looks great for any time of year. The texture is smooth and moisturizing without being sticky or tasting awful and I love the shape of the tube and the gloss itself, it has a sharper angle than a lot of lipsticks and glosses. Great gloss and pretty cheap to boot.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by DEADGIRL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this!! Perfect sheer plum, some shine but not too much. So happy I got this one. Will stock up!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by goldenina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this!! A lovely sheer plum color...similar to Clinique Black Honey...beautiful and sexy!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by 1spell4u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I found this lipgloss on clearance at Ulta for 1.99 so I had to try it. I'm really glad I did.
The color looks really intense and dark in the tube but its very subtle with just a hint of color when applied.
The texture is very smooth and its not at all sticky, like some glosses can be. There's no waxy chapstick feel either.
The packaging is lacking but for such a great product and wonderful price, I can definitely over look that.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2009 7:40:00 PM More reviews by hayley842

Great product. I find it hard to find lip products that don't turn an unflattering shade of bright pink on me, but this is gorgeous. Feels like a lip balm, looks like a lip gloss, applies like a lipstick. I'm not a fan of packaging-- it looks cheap, and the circumference of the stick is huge. If it were a bit slimmer I could confidently apply without a mirror, however I find I always end up with a bit of pigment on my skin. This won't deter me from repurchasing though-- I just grabbed 2 at target yesterday!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by NuMama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to love these back in HS and then forgot all about them. I recently rediscovered my love for lipslicks and ended up buying four of them! On my dark NC 45/50 skin this color looks like a sheer purplish wine color...very pretty. These are perfect for casual mascara and lipgloss weekends and I actually find myself wearing these a lot for work since I don't often wear heavier lipsticks. You can swipte lightly for ligt color or layer for more color payoff. I think these are pretty moisturizing. Again, don't expect great lasting power...they are like balms and wear off. However, I have managed to get a couple hours of wear out of them when not eating or drinking.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Marla20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

RE-EDIT: This started to dry out my lips and the smell was getting worse! (won't rebuy, overall down to a 2)
For the price you pay (4 bucks or you can find it on a BOGO sale) and the color wash and lasting quality you get - it's GREAT. The only thing that looses a lippie from me is the smell. It's just a normal waxy, lipstick smell - nothing offensive or horrible in my opinion - some ladies just want it to be more pleasant or frag-free. Everyone describes this as Clinique's Almost lipstick in Black Honey - I think this is accurate - and it lasts better. Looks great enough to wear at work or on a casual date or out and about - you don't even need a mirror - I also like the packaging.This one is more of a dark grape sheer color. Daring is more of a berry sheer color - Think Lip Smackers Dr. Pepper.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by misscolette

Super similar to Clinique's black honey, just more sheer. I'm NC 20 for reference and this goes on me a flattering sheer dark purple/mauve. Not too dark at all, but still makes a difference. Perfect for fall with muted smoked out eyes. Great price, good packaging, not so yummy smell though :(