October 31, 2014 | 1201 users online

Makeup Brushes - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Airbrushing Kabuki Brush

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by lashesandlace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This brush works wonderfully for buffing in foundation or powder. However, it's a pain to clean/rinse and takes days to dry, I like to keep my face brushes very clean, so I haven't reached for it very much in the few months that I've had it. I just finished washing this for approximately the 3rd time, and it's now useless. I think I'm fairly educated on how to wash brushes, keep water out of ferrule etc... this one is tricky but I've managed. This time, however when I was dabbing it dry, and I lightly squeezed the hairs into shape and all of the hairs on the outside of the brush started to come loose... and the rest were pushed in too far! Obviously water has been getting inside and loosened the glue, but I wash my brushes regularly and this has never happened to any of my other brushes, even very cheaply made ones. It's frustrating to say the least. I spent about $14 (drugstore.com) on this, and it is my most expensive brush to date, and it's also my most regretted and disappointing brush.

I would have loved to love this brush. If the design was different so it could be more easily be rinsed/dried without getting water into the brush, then I would definitely repurchase and recommend this brush, but as is I can't.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by yankeerose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've had this brush for about 2 years. I'm getting ready to purchase another one. I wear liquid foundation, I apply my foundation with fingers or beauty blender, let it set for a few minutes and then buff over my entire face with this brush. My foundation looks airbrushed and flawless. Can't imagine not using it. I've also found it applys blush like a dream, its fairly large so I only use 1/2 of the brush for blush application. It makes any blush look perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by kfields08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I didn't think this would make that much of a difference, but I saw the reviews on MA and it was on sale so I though why not? This is AMAZING!!!! I would have happily paid full price for this! It buffed out all my imperfections and made my skin look FLAWLESS!!! My mineral make up looks so much better I didn't know the brush could make such a drastic difference!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

HOW DID I LIVE WITHOUT THIS.

I saw this on MusingsofaMuse (if you don't know who the muse is you really need to check out her blog, probably one of the best beauty blogs on the internet) and thought I might give it a try. I needed a denser brush like this to properly apply my new bareminerals READY foundation and I didn't want to shell out almost 30 bucks for the BM one. So I bought this instead.

For one thing, this brush is adorable. The bright blue handle is really interesting and the short, dense bristles really work powder foundation into the skin. I haven't tried it with liquid yet but I'm sure it will work great for that too!

However, it is a pain to clean. The surface area of the brush is much larger than the average brush and quite a bit denser, so pigment from my foundation tend to stick a bit if I don't REALLY clean it. But I'm not going to take off any lippies for that becasue it is par for the course and I love it too much.

Seriously, if you don't already own this little powerhouse, get yo butt to the nearest Ulta and snatch up at least one! It will only set you back around 11 bucks and is TOTALLY worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

When I first saw this brush on pictures, I was quite sure it will be grat for mineral powder fdn. I actually ordered 2 by mail.
What a disappointment, the problem I find that it is too too dense. Yes, there is actually a problem where the bristles are too dense that I cannot work the powder in between the bristle (distribution). If it has even up to 30-40% less bristle within the same surface area, it will be ideal for me.
Not all is loss, I still use it, but as a face cleansing brush for my foam cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

This is such a soft and really dense, nice quality brush. It works nice for finishing powder. Very cute and small; would be good for travel. Reasonably priced at $11.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by latemonroe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE! my favorite brush...I used it for applying mineral foundation and also to blend out when I overdo bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I actually received this as a gift from someone here on MUA. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It distributes powder beautifully. I actually really like how big it is because it covers larger areas of the face & I end up doing my makeup a lot quicker! I've used it to kinda stipple on powder to set my liquid foundation with & I've used it just apply only powder. I think it helps give better coverage on my skin also. I really do love this brush & I completely recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this today (my local Ulta FINALLY started carrying this, yay!) along with the Physicians Formula Mineral Wear talc-free mineral face powder. I used the brush to apply aforementioned powder, and it applied pretty well. Idk if it was the powder or the brush itself, but ALOT of powder got onto the brush when I dabbed it into the compact, so i had to tap off alot. This flat-top, really wide brush is good for applying powder to larger area on my face, like cheeks, forehead, and chin. It's not the greatest at getting into tight or small spaces like the nose and under-eye area, but for that I use a different brush. I love how soft the bristles are, and I really like how tightly the bristles are packed together; it makes for solid, even coverage of the powder. I look forward to using this brush! It makes doing my make-up very easy and quick. The only reason I have not given this brush a perfect rating is because it is kinda bulky and can be awkward due to the large stubby handle. The bristles could be longer too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by josieflo

This is a great brush. It feels so soft but still the bristles are tightly packed. I haven't tried liquid foundation on it yet but its great for powders. It feels so nice and blends evenly.