October 25, 2014 | 1630 users online

Gels/Soaps - Perlier - Shea Butter Ultra Rich Moisturizing Cream Shower with Citrus Extract

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by vickypollard

I just had to write a review for this shower gel as it is wonderful! Perlier seems to always be changing their line-up of scents and I'm glad they came out with this citrus fragrance. To me it smells heavily of grapefruit and isn't sweet at all. I use it every morning and it really wakes me up. Here's the strange thing....the dreaded Sodium Laureth Sulfate is the second ingredient but for some strange reason my skin isn't dry and/or itchy when I step out of the shower. Even during this brutally cold winter I can go without body lotion on my legs (not that I usually do, but I went without it to test the effects of this product). The formula contains 25% shea butter so that must balance out the sulfates. I don't know, but I can honestly say there are no drying effects from this product. As for the packaging I have to say that that the pump dispenser sucks! I have the 1000 ml / 33.8 oz. bottle. The gel is rather thick and the mechanism is too flimsy to pump the product out efficiently. I find myself having to pull up on the pump after every push down on it, otherwise I'd be in the shower all day. Even though the huge size is the best value, I'll probably get it in a tube next time as it's more convenient. Overall a very nice product.