December 22, 2014 | 914 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Naturals - Purifying Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Econobabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Firstly I would like to say that the picture for this product is wrong. The current photo shows another product, the fresh cleanser and makeup remover, this is a different product I am reviewing, and it comes in a tube. When they were out of the fresh cleanser & makeup remover, I decided to try this product. It was a big mistake, well, luckily not THAT big a mistake. I didn't experience any breakouts but I did notice that my face was red and irritated after every wash I did with this. Luckily I was able to return it and just drive to a different location to get my regular cleanser. I would not recommend this, as it is marketed as natural yet still has something in it that burns the top layer of skin on contact producing redness.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by bulamae

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Unlike others, I didn't find this product dry or irritating, though in summer my skin tends to be slightly oily. It leaves my skin in a completely balanced state. I probably wouldn't need moisturizer, but it always use it.

My problem with this is the awful taste I can not escape. Despite how well I rinse, it always makes whatever I eat next taste like nail polish. I can't believe no one else has commented on this. Wether it's wine or pizza there's a cloying chemical taste on the back of my tongue. So awful.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by snowprinc3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Cleaned well, smelled great, but did nothing else.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2014 5:00:00 AM More reviews by ameliah13402

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The first time I used it I loved it! The scent made me feel refreshed and woke me up in the morning. After using it for some time, it really dried out my skin and as I have sensitive skin it also irritated it. I discontinued use and the irritation stopped. I think this product would work on people with oily skin and not sensitive skin. I would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by megabookfreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This does what I expect a cleanser to do: clean my face without drying it out or breaking me out. It leaves the face a little bright which is nice but it's not anything permanent. I don't think this will help with acne much although it does contain a small amount of salicylic acid.

There are probably a million cleansers out there equivalent to what this does to be honest but I like it for its price and ability to make me feel fresh.

If you are looking for some kind of miracle cleanser, this is not it. It simply performs its job without doing anything exceptional.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Josie012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this cleanser. It washes my face without it feeling dry or irritated. Since using this product, my acne has cleared up a lot and looks healthier (but keep in mind that I've also changed my diet and started wearing less makeup during this period). I also like that it has less harsh ingredients and chemicals compared to the average drugstore cleanser, and doesn't test on animals.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by cbarber018

No no no, this product is all wrong did nothing for my face but break it out. I like the smell though.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by murrykeeng

I've been using this for two years and I'm not really sure why. It hasn't helped my acne at all and is SUPER drying. Also, like half the time the packing is defunct and the pump doesn't work at all. I have to open it up and scoop it out with pump. Lame. I'm done with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by maramal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This cleanser isn't horrible. I have very oily skin and I use it after I apply some coconut oil. It does feel like it cleans my skin and it leaves it with a waxy feeling, but not bad. I like the apple scent. However, it doesn't remove face makeup unless you SCRUB and forget about eye makeup. If you use it in the morning and don't wash every inch of it off, when you apply moisturizer it leaves a soapy sheen. I'll use it until the bottle's almost empty, then I'll probably move to a different daily cleanser. Probably one of the better cleansers you can buy at your local grocery store, though. 3/5

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know why I keep doing this to myself. I was starting to run out of my Paula's Choice Earth Sourced cleanser (which is amazing btw) and I keep trying to find drugstore equivalents of PC products because I hate that you can only buy PC online. I don't know -WHY- I keep doing that, because there are NO DRUGSTORE EQUIVALENT to PC products.

But anyway, I completely ignored the bad reviews on here for this. I thought how bad can it be? Bad, apparently. It's very strongly fragranced and dries my skin out almost instantaneously. I tried this product two nights in a row, and had it on my face a maximum of 45 seconds. It feels burn-y and stingy the instant you apply it. After I washed it off my skin felt tight and dry. And it doesn't even remove foundation! Not long wear foundation either, just regular liquid foundation. I was still scrubbing makeup off my face even after using this.

Ugh. I'm sorry I strayed, Paula. Never again.