Neutrogena Naturals - Purifying Facial Cleanser

2.9

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Kinda surprised by all the bad reviews here! I have super oily skin which is why I may not be having the dry skin issues a lot of people complain about... I really love that this cleanser! It actually removes all my makeup and gets my skin nice and clean with just one wash. I wear washable mascara, eyeliner and liquid foundation just about every day. The smell is a bit strong but overall pleasant so no complaints there. I always use a tea tree oil pad after cleansing and have been surprised and super excited that there's really absolutely nothing left on my face after washing it! I also always follow with cerave pm lotion so that could also be why I haven't experienced any excess drying of my skin. Does seem to help with breakouts although not sure if that's the willow bark or just the fact that it's actually completely cleansing my skin. For $6 I will definitely be repurchasing this!

I wanted to like this product, but it seemed to dry my skin out excessively, resulting in more breakouts. I had been using the grapefruit cleanser, but this one seemed like it might be less drying because there wasn't any grapefruit extract in it, which can be irritating. I like the mild smell and texture of the face wash. I used up most of a bottle before my skin became bad and it didn't seem to cause a reaction immediately.

Using this for the past week each night.

My old routine for my 29 year old normal, no-acne face used to involve Pond's Cold Cream with washcloth. That was it. But I found my skin to be getting kind of dull looking and wrinkles seeming more prominent. After reading some skincare forums, I found that many recommended adding in a BHA or AHA. I noticed this cleanser had salicylic acid (BHA), the "natural" promise, and Neutrogena (a brand I would say I trust).

I put one pump in my palm and am blasted by a pear fragrance. It's not exactly fruity but it's very strong, so be prepared. The cleanser itself is a very thick clear liquid. To apply I dip my fingers into my palm and rub in circles on one side of my face, then the remaining on the other. It foams up easily.

I agree with other reviews: it leaves my face kinda tight and kinda plastic feeling. On first application, my forehead was shiny! I also have developed a number of whiteheads and papules on my face. I'm hoping this is "purging" but I'm going to decrease the frequency of use and go back to my old routine to see if anything improves, because I'm honestly not thrilled. I will report back!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a lovely gentle cleanser. I have yet to use it to remove makeup but it's great for preteens as well as adults who have normal to combo skin.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily, acne prone skin and this face wash does wonders. I used the Neutrogena naturals makeup remover face wash before I tried this one and it would burn my skin and this product does
nothing like that. I have been using it for about 2 weeks before bed only now and my overall redness and breakouts are practically gone. The pump doesn't work so I have to unscrew the cap and let the soap drip on my hand but its worth the extra work for the results I have gotten in my opinion. I will definitely repurchase.

OMG! after reading all your reviews guys..I can tell i will not buy this cleanser.. I suppose to order this from US through amazon! oh Thanks God! my order was declined by seller since they are not accepting orders outside US! Thank you guys!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser is targeted to cleanse your skin gently while removing makeup and help with breakouts. So far I have noticed no improvement to my acne although it does cleanse gently. I purchase primarily for gentle cleansing , but will not buy again since it doesn't do a good job at removing eye makeup. I catch myself washing the area pretty hard with it.

I have used it for the past 3 years or so. It is great at washing away makeup, gentle enough for my sensitive eyes. Leaves skin moist and clean, doesn't cause breakouts. I never used it to remove water proved mascara so have nothing to say if this cleanser does a good job on it or not. The downside is the packaging, the pump gets stuck at times and once opened - very difficult to close. I took it with me for an overseas trip once and ended up with it spilled over my makeup bag. Otherwise, it is good product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Loved it when I first began using it, have gone through 3 of these and had no issues with it, didn't irritate, was gentle on skin and made my skin feel cleansed. At present I won't be repurchasing as I have two other cleansers to use first, but I wouldn't say no to ever repurchasing, depends on what other limited facial cleansers I have to choose from locally

I'm currently on my second bottle of this product and will repurchase, and I'm someone who never buys any beauty product twice. I'm currently on three prescription drugs for my mild acne (1 antibiotic and 2 topical gels). While I'm sure the drugs definitely have an influence on how clear my skin is, I believe this cleanser does as well. I briefly switched face washes (for about 10 days) and I noticed my skin was not as clear. My combination skin loves this cleanser. It doesn't dry my skin out too much. For seven or nine bucks, try it out. However, always keep in mind that your skin is unique so what works for someone else might not work for you. Be patient, you'll find the right match in time.