January 31, 2015 | 1809 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2015 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Pocketchic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nice addition to my nighttime skincare routine. I use it after the Kiehl's Ultimate Tonic and prior to my LA Prairie anti-aging night cream, after I've given it 30min to sink in. I don't use this product on its own since I find it not hydrating enough, although that might change in high summer. The texture is like a gel, very light and refreshing. I've had no allergic reactions. I don't actually have any lines or wrinkles, so I can't vouch for its resurfacing capabilities. However I'd like to think it does its bit in keeping my skin smooth and glowing. Will buy again when run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by jazzgirl10

This is the only product I actually stock up on, it's incredebly effective at what it does. Mild and gentle exfoliant for your skin, in my case extremely sensitive and acnegetic skin. I apply it at night and sometimes during the day when I'm not wearing any makeup around the house. In the morning skin is smoother and clearer and it helps w blemish mark fading.
It is not a miracle product and it won't make your lines disappear. I'm afraid only retinol and Botox can do that. This is a staple for me and I hope they never stop making it. Be sure to wear a good sunscreen if you're using this. My choice is babyganics spf 50 mineral sunscreen incredeble makeup base and all day matttefinig effect. It's made w zinc oxide which is amazing for acnegetic skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Gadgeteer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a month, long enough, I think, to provide a review. The texture is gel-like and is applied to clear skin. The packaging says no moisturizer is required but my comination skin was dehydrated after a couple weeks. Forehead lines which were mere hints previously began to show so I cut back from nightly to every other night and applied a night cream 20 minutes after application. From the first week my pores have been clearer and the fine bumps in my under eye area have completely vanished for the first time. I haven't noticed a dimishing of discoloration or my pores being smaller but I'm sure it takes longer than a month for those kinds of miracles. I recommend this as an easy overnight exfoliation. My skin looks brighter, is smoother and makeup application is easier. The price is extremely reasonable considering the cost of similar products under other cosmetic brands. I'm thrilled to have found something without parabens which can be picked up in Bed Bath and Beyond or a discount drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 2:25:00 AM More reviews by aemccall81

I love this. For a drugstore aha it's great. I love PC but like having an option at Target that I pick up in a pinch. I'd say it's good for dry skin because that's what I have. Doesn't irritate, mild stinging, just kind of brightens up my skin for a little glow. I wish it came in an opaque bottle but I love the pump.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2014 5:34:00 AM More reviews by IsabellaW476

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I initially expressed great optimism about this product as I've been told it could work for my skin, but I seriously didn't see one glimpse of a change, didn't feel any smoother when I put my hands against by cheeks, and my wrinkles and frown lines were still quite visible. I certainly don't think I look any younger as a result of using it, so a lot of money for not much really.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 3:51:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Waste of money. There are much better products that deliver better results than this one.
This was a dud and waste of time and money.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by abacus89

Ok. I am still deciding myself about this product. They say that in one week, I will see significant changes..it has been one week and I haven't notice any major differences in my face. Although it has only been a week since so let me update you guys in another week or so. We'll see. I know it has some really good ingredients esp. the AHA..and I know these things are not instant, it takes time. And I am actually willing to give that seeing that I trust this brand and plus I still have the rest of the bottle to see some actual results.
But regarding the consistency, I heard that it could be sticky or tacky or whatever and I was really expecting that upon my first touch but it really isn't. It goes on smoothly and a little goes a long way. And I love that it is a pump style that you control how much or little you want and you could even lock it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by saramason111

It might work for you but why spend $30 on an AHA product with nothing special in it when you can buy Walgreens AHA 8% or Alpha Hydrox 10% AHA for $8 and get the same results. I splurged anyway and bought it after reading the reviews and it did absolutely nothing for my skin after using nightly for 7 days. My husband couldn't even kiss my cheek at night because it was so tacky and I had to lay on my back to sleep because my cheeks would stick to the pillow. If Olay sold this for $12 or something then I understand why some people would wear this since it's in gel form and unscented, but $30? Come on!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For a drugstore product, this stuff is amazing. It was my first go at using a product with glycolic acid, so the strength of it is perfect (doesn't say how much on the packaging, but Paula Begoun's website says it contains about 8-10%). It did tingle a little at first, but my skin quickly adjusted so that the majority of my applications were neither tingly nor burn-ey. The actual product is a thin, watery gel that is a little sticky upon application, although it does dry after a few minutes. It doesn't smell like anything at all. There is some shimmer, god knows why, but it doesn't bother me and isn't really noticeable. You get a slight "brightening" effect when you look in the mirror, but can't see any sparkle. I elected not to use a moisturizer on top because A) I have oily/combo skin and didn't necessarily need it and B) I wanted to make sure that all the results I was getting was purely from the Olay Elixir. After I washed my face, I would dry it and spritz on some rosewater, then slather the elixir all over my face, neck and decolletage.

The results: I had noticeably smoother skin within a few weeks and my break-outs were almost eliminated. I know that AHAs only work on the surface, not inside pores, but it does a bang-up job at keeping blemishes at bay. I think it's because it clears away the dead skin build up on the surface. After I used up the Olay, I upgraded to Cane and Austin Retexturizing Treatment Pads (awesome) that have nearly 20% glycolic acid because I liked the results from glycolic acid, but as a starter glycolic treatment, I would highly recommend the Olay. I intend to buy more and use it on my body as using more expensive glycolic treatments all over my body is too cost prohibitive.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by XXProductJunkieXX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Saw this at my local Big Lots closeout store. It was a package of 2 for $8.00. Already winning with the price. I had nothing to lose. This stuff goes on smooth and dries fast. No stickiness, no weird residue. After 2 weeks of continuous use, my skins texture and tone has improved noticeably! This is going to be a regular purchase for me!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No