December 20, 2014 | 1751 users online

Brows - NYX - Push-Up Bra for Eyebrow

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by insgirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was an impulse purchase while at the NYX rack in CVS chasing after a lipstick I read reviewed here. Not too happy with the shade of the lipstick, but in love with what this did for my brows. I have sparse dark eyebrows with fair skin. Typically, deep brown pencils or powder brow fillers appear too light next to my natural brows, while black looks too harsh next to my skin. This product, which is buildable, was both the perfect color and consistency. Not as harsh as most brow pencils yet more natural appearing than the powders sometimes look. Onto the highlighter - love! A completely difference appearance than using a light or shimmery eyeshadow for definition, it lifted and defined as promised.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by mousquerader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I liked the idea of this product, with brow color on one side and a highlighter on the other. However, it was very disappointing. The brow color pencil does not seem to work on me at all. It just seems almost like a colorless wax pencil - when I apply it onto my sparse brows, there doesn't seem to be any color so it doesn't look like I put anything on it at all. Really wanted to like it as it's about 10 dollars cheaper than the Anastasia perfect brow pencil and has a useful highlighter on the other side, but it just doesn't work for me and doesn't help my eyebrows to look groomed in the slightest. Could work well for blondes with very light eyebrow hairs with an already nice shape that doesn't need much help. Not good for people who are trying to "fix" their eyebrows a lot. Really disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by cherrybomb77

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Violet

This is a nice product. The best part about this pencil is that there are no red or orange tones in it at all. Just a nice pure light brown. I like that the color is buildable, with one stroke it's a very light brown, but you can make it darker by drawing over your shape as many times as you want, making sure to brush the pigment through with a clean spoolie for a perfectly natural look.
I'm not crazy about the slight glitter in the pencil. I'm also not crazy about how often the pencil needs to be sharpened, or how the color begins to fade from my brows after a few hours - and I have very dry skin! Maybe an eyeshadow primer should be used on the brows to get the color to last longer?
The highlighting end is okay, blends in very easily and feels nice, but on me it doesn't do much to actually highlight or lift since it's pretty much the exact same color as my skin, only a tiny bit pinker. It would work better on someone who's not as ghostly pale as me.
Overall, it's a nice product, a bit overpriced, I like it but I don't think it's my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Julia336

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like powder products when it comes to brows and only recently started to try pencils. This is the third pencil product I've tried and it my favorite so far. It says, "one color fits all." I don't agree with that. This comes off as light brown. I can pull it off and I have dark brown hair. The only complaint I have is that I have to sharpen it frequently, like after every 2nd or 3rd use.

The highlighter is very creamy and is a peachy pink. I use it just as frequently, but don't have to sharpen as much. I foresee the brow pencil being used up before the highlighter.

Update: I was right about the brow pencil being used up before the highlighter. I haven't used it up completely yet, but it's obvious that if will be the first to be gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by bribi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this! Particularly for the little concealer pencil aspect. The brown part works well, and is a nice, neutral color. Perfect for adding definition, or drawing in individual hairs (if you're a victim of over-plucked 90s brows, as I am.) but the highlighter sealed the deal. On my left brow, I always have a weird curve right by my arch, that I can't seem to pluck, or trim, or wax into place. It just dips down, throwing off my whole brow. I've tried covering it with concealer, foundation, highlighters, nothing works. I tried this, today, not expecting much, and omg, it covered it perfectly. And got rid of all of that yucky shadow under the brow that builds up as I struggle every day to make my brows fuller. Finally! A product that ACTUALLY makes my brows look current, and natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Shaylavee13

Great product, especially for first timers who are trying out the new eyebrow trend happening right now (to have bolder eyebrows) I was never into doing my eyebrows, in fear I'd look like a clown or darker eyebrows would look fake on me, but I saw this at target and, it wasn't too dark and it looked simple enough so I got it and I loved it, I didn't realize I didn't have eyebrows until I tried this product. Haha

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh, how I love this little duo...

Eyebrow Pencil: is the best color I've ever found. The name of the color isn't listed on the pencil, but the code is"EBPB01". I have fair skin with yellow undertones and medium dark brown hair. This pencil is a perfect match for me. I've tried other eyebrow pencils and they always end up turning auburn or look soooo fake. The only negative with this pencil is it requires constant sharpening to achieve the desired results. Otherwise, you have a very thick eyebrow pencil that doesn't allow you to apply short, feathered brush strokes. I use a spool brush to evenly distribute the color and it seems to overcomes this obstacle.

Highlighter: is okay for daily use, but doesn't compare to Anastasia. The color is similar to Anastasia Matte Camille, but the texture is nowhere the same and it doesn't glide on easily. I use the NYX Eye Primer brush to smooth out the pencil, which helps considerably. Like the eyebrow side, constant sharpening is required to achieve the desired effect. Since I work out of my home, it's perfect for daily use. However, if I went to the office everyday, I'd probably have to use my Anastasia pencil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

This is a great duo. The brow color is perfect for my coloring and even though it goes on lightly, I'd rather have it that way that for it to be too dark and clownish looking. I just build the color until I get it where I want it to be. The highlighter is fantasic. I apply it right under the brow line and blend it with my finger and it looks natural and really does make my brows look more finished and uplifted.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by makeupsmad

I am new to eyebrow pencils (always used a powder) and I saw the good reviews on this so I bought it. I have to say it's a great and efficient little tool.

The color is great but it certainly doesn't fit everyone. I would say if you are on the extremes of either very light, very red, or very dark eyebrows, this isn't going to work for you. I have red hair but it's more auburn and my eyebrows are closer to brown so it works for me. I found it to be in between a chestnut and dark brown...so it can swing a little bit between a reddish and a brown-brown.

This pencil is for people who want a natural look. i would say I probably take 5-7 swipes per eyebrow each time because the pencil comes off very light. It won't give you a very defined drawn line unless you probably really took some time on it. It's perfect for me though where my eyebrows are a little thinner and it gives them the illusion of being filled in.

The highlighter is great and barely needs sharpening. I use it flat on it's side to give me less of a hard line and then use my finger to blend in. It works well that way with eyeshadow to blend that line too. It helps to add some more time on between waxing when they are starting to lose that defined edge and I've only had to sharpen it once. The pencil side I've had to sharpen ALOT more. My sharpener might not be that great but I feel like it's not the easiest thing to sharpen. I also had to buy a fat sharpener because it's not a traditional sized pencil.

All in all this product is great for the money and gives nice, natural looking brows that are clean and have definition. It's pretty easy and fast. I like my eyebrows alot better when I use it, but if I am low on time or forget, it's not like there's a giant noticeable difference that someone would look at me like I forgot to do something that morning.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had my eye on this for a while but kept forgetting to buy it..now that my Target sells NYX, I saw it and snagged it. I love it. I use the highlight shade on brow bone, above my brows and to gently outline the outside of my mouth (I have a couple of lines under my lower lip and that helps keep things looking smooth before applying lipstick) I love the brow color...I'm happy enough with this to never buy or look at another brow product again. I don't think I will get many months out of it as some say they have..I'm guessing it might last 4 months for me. It's cheap..I paid almost $30 for my fave brow pencil...Diorshow and it lasted 2-3 weeks...so I'm good with however long this product lasts. Totally worth it even if it lasted a month.