July 28, 2014 | 1308 users online

Cleansers - Dove - Lathering Oil Make-up Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by cjhalfthai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A total waste of money. I had to repeat the process over and over again to totally get rid of the eye makeup, mascara and liner. And they recommend you to use Dove facial wash after (the facial wash is way better in removing the makeup than this foaming make up remover). It also stings my face. :( sorry, Dove, but this product is a disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Ernesha

As mentioned below, this product is called Foaming Make Up Remover in Australia. According to the instructions, you can apply the product to wet or dry face, but for best results apply to a dry face with dry hands. I've tried both ways, and absolutely agree with the best results advice, as it removed 95-100% of my makeup. I had no issues with applying this product to my delicate eye area.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by lipstickinpink

I'm reviewing the Dove Foaming Make Up Remover, which is as shown in the product image.
I do not like this product at all! it's okay to remove face make-up.. I was a little hesitant to put this on my eyes since it's foam, it took me 10+ pumps to completely remove all my face and eye make-up (i don't wear waterproof mascara) to make me feel like my face is completely clean... It has a strange scent.

I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by myap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this due to rave reviews in the Philippines. It really helped removing make-up! I usually wash my face twice when I have make-up on. But when using this make-up remover, I only had to wash my face once since all make-up has been removed. It even passes the cotton test! I loved it at first. However, I have a bit of a sensitive skin and this product caused mild redness on my left cheek which lasted 2 weeks after stopping usage. Maybe I'll give it a try someday, but for now it's in my drawer of products not to use.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2012 5:46:00 AM More reviews by klasia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i give it a 3 as a make-up remover but a 5 as a brush cleanser!
i spotted this in the grocery and i excitedly brought this home to try out. i was a tad disappointed though. it didn't do as it promised. it boasted to "effectively remove even the heaviest of makeup including waterproof mascara, eye makeup and foundation." i followed the easy instructions but really, it couldn't take off the Maybelline falsies mascara i had on and left a bit of foundation. it did clean 80% of my make-up. had to follow up with 3 squares of cotton with Bioderma. what this is good for, i guess, is an initial cleanser. what i tried doing was using this twice to get the deep clean i was looking for. but i only did this a few times because my face ended up too dry and taut (and to think i have oily skin!)

i just recently discovered though that this cleans my makeup brushes beautifully, effectively and with so much ease!!! i had bought a bottle of Monda (professional brush cleaner) against my better judgment (it was expensive!) which i stopped using because it smelled of gas which the fragrance couldn't mask. i then used baby shampoo and dishwashing liquid (online suggestions) and they do clean well. but nothing compares to how easily the Dove foam eats up all the oils in the brushes and how quick rinsing is! my brushes smell sooo good, too! i swear you have to try this to see how easy it is! will repurchase for this purpose.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by XpugsX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is ridiculously good! I found this in my supermarket and it is called Foaming Makeup Remover in Australia. For the price, I expected it to be rubbish, but it is amazing and does exactly what it says. I use 3 pumps and apply with dry hands to dry face. You massage this around face and eyes (I do it for a couple of minutes) making sure to keep your eyes closed whilst you do it. The foam converts to an oil on your skin. Then you simply rinse it off in luke warm water. This stuff removed everything!!!!! Waterproof mascara, colourstay lipstick - the lot!. The best thing is that my skin felt really good afterwards. I purchased this after using a Shu Uemera oil which was a complete waste of money because it didn't remove all of my makeup. I have only ever really used high end cleansers, but this one beats them all!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 4:17:00 AM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am fine with using Dove Beauty Bar to remove my makeup, which is actually a great discovery for me totally by accident, my skin was in a really difficult and confusing state for a while, and out of frustration, I decided to try the only thing my boyfriend uses in shower (who, I might add, for someone who doesn't take any care of his skin, has pretty decent complexion, sometimes it's enough to make me wonder why I spend money on those bottles): Dove Beauty Bar, and I fell in love with it, in more ways than one.

When I use Dove Beauty Bar to remove my makeup, the first step, obviously, is to make it really foam up. I am dreaming about, like, covering my whole face in a cloud of lather and having a fresh clean face emerge from those clouds of white foam. It is an achievable goal with Dove Beauty Bar, but it takes time and patience, so when I saw this in Carrefour, I thought, why not? It's Dove, and I don't need to do the lathering by myself anymore. Plus, I just don't feel like using oil or milk or water or cloth, or whatever else there is to remove my makeup at the moment.

I get all the complaints it's getting from other posters, you need to keep your eyes closed at all times until you wash it off. I usually use quite a lot of it just to be on the safe side, and I lightly wash my face again when I am taking my shower after removing my makeup. Still, I think it's a pretty nice product, it's gentle and effective, it's cheap and really easy to use. I don't dislike the smell either, though I get that odorless products are always better for your skin.

I can really see myself buying it again, I honestly don't see why not.

Edit: There's paraben in this, if it bothers you, stay away from this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by vegovy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Dove has been a long trusted brand name for me, and so today I came across it while there was a mini sale and decided to grab it. I'm glad that I did.
I've only used it once but so far I'm really impressed with it. Although it looks like an oil wash, when you pump it the product comes out in foam-form. The instructions say to use 3 pumps but I found that 2 pumps was enough to remove 99% of my make-up (the final 1% was removed by my Clinique make-up remover - which I applied to a cotton pad and then wiped my face). It works considerably better than my Cetaphil cleanser.
Although the pump doesn't have an on/off function, it does come with the attached plastic pump neck(?).

Edit 13/07/12 - I've found my HG MU remover: EVOO!! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2012 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Strikingreality

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm reviewing the Dove Forming Make Up Remover, which is as shown in the product image, and in my opinion, not at all worthy of its name. I read some decent reviews of it, hence got a friend to buy it for me while in Japan. Big mistake. It doesn't really remove any of my eye makeup, I often have use another eye makeup remover after cleansing my face, which really defeats the purpose of using this product. Not to mention this thing stung my eyes really badly! I had to use three full pumps just for my face alone, which meant I used up this product much quicker than my usual cleansing oil, which is actually a good thing, cuz I was elated to return to using my HG Softymo Deep Cleansing Oil. Lots of hype on this product, but failed to deliver. EPIC FAIL.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this hoping it would be a cheap alternative to the cleansing oils required to remove the tenacious waterproof Japanese sunscreens. Unfortunately, this is just a bad cleanser in general which doesn't do a good job of regular cleansing, let alone removing my waterproof mascara and the waterproof sunscreens. There is always makeup and sunscreen residue left on my face after cleansing. This cleanser may be oil-based, but it isn't an oil in the way other cleansing oils are as it's much more watery. I always see this product heavily discounted, and now I know why.