Sleek Contour Kit

4.4

on 7/27/2015 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Overall, this is a brilliant 'drugstore' contour kit, one of the best ones out there. I own the shade 'light' and it is perfect for my pale complexion - not muddy, and no orange undertones!
The contour shade: this is a warm toned brown. It leans towards being quite powdery, but there isn't a lot of kick-back when you put your brush into it. It is fairly blendable, however you have to work with it. I imagine a slightly more creamy formula would blend more easily. As for the staying power, it's average, but it does fade after 5 hours or so, so if you want your contour to stay intense you might wanna take it with you for touch ups.
The highlight: this is a shimmery, champagne/ yellow highlight. It's not very pigmented, so should be fine on all skin tones. I shy away from glitter/ shimmer so tend to not use the highlight, but if lightly applied with a fan brush it can give a very beautiful, almost wet looking sheen.
Packaging: very nice and sturdy, my only problem is that it can be quite hard to open if you've got long nails! Also, because the product is quite powdery, if you're 'untidy' you might end up transferring the contour to the highlight or vice versa.
Overall, I will keep on re-purchasing this as it's a great contour kit for the price. Not sure if it can compete with other high end contours that have a more buttery formula (for less kick back and easy blending) but if you're on a budget, this is great!

on 7/15/2015 10:05:00 AM

I love how pigmented the bronzer is. Plus the highlighter's shade in the colour rose gold is just so complimenting on one's cheek bones! I use the colour light and it totally helps in complimenting my facial features.
You can check out more photos here: http://ireviewuread.com/post/124052393473/sleek-face-contour-kit-review

I'm not going to beat around the bush, I'm just going to say it....THIS PRODUCT IS AMAZING! I have used this for years and love it.

I use the shade "light" which is perfect for my fair skin tone, the highlight that comes with the contour shade is gorgeous too - one of my favourite highlights.

This is such an affordable product, but it's such good quality for the price (6.49, I believe). The contour shade blend beautifully and it can be used very lightly to slightly contour the cheeks, or even just to bronze the face and makeup the face glow. But, you can also add more product and build it up WITHOUT it getting muddy - I've never experienced a muddy look whilst using this and believe me I have layered this up for a more intense look.

I just love how versatile the product is, it's fabulous for traveling and it's just super good quality for an affordable price. What more could you want?

Definitely grab yourself one of these if you're a beginner or are wanting something on a budget - this product has lasted me ages and I've only just bought a new one. Definitely a product where a little goes a long way.

Application tip: I use the Real Techniques 'contour brush' or the RT 'cheek brush' with this product and I love this combo.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is amazing!I have the colour light and it is great for my fair skin.The pigmentation is super.You have to dip your brush just once to pick up enough amount of product.The contour shade is not orange at all and the highlighter is very nice.It's insane that this is so cheap.It is definitely worth your money.

on 5/20/2015 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

After constantly finding the Sleek Contour Kit sold out in store, I ordered it online, unable to resist after hearing so many rave reviews about it. I have the shade 'medium' and it suits my NC30 complexion just fine. I love how pigmented it is, I love the compact, no hassle, sleek (^_^) packaging, and I love the smooth texture.
It's a deep brown shade which can be used sparingly or heavily on medium skin tones, depending on how you like your contour. It's not orange at all, or muddy and looks very good once blended in. As for the highlight shade, it's a warm shimmery nude shade which looks very natural on deeper skin tones. It is very finely milled, so you won't get that awful glittery effect, just a pretty, warm glow. I really love the Sleek range for its affordable yet good quality and pigmented products, and I'm really glad to have got my hands on this contour kit as it is utterly brilliant.

on 5/7/2015 9:33:00 PM

Overall is anice,worth the money product.Really hard to hit the pan since is so pigmented.
That is actually my problem.
I cannot maybe use a light hand.I got this in mefium shade and is quite dark.Even for me that i love fake tanning.
For sisters in colour might be the one.
For me,i feel that it makes me ,like having bear or something, no matter how hard i blend blend blend.
Next time i will try the light colour.
Wow.That is a surprise for me the tanning junkie..!

on 3/1/2015 11:06:00 PM

It's definitely good value for money. But the highlighter is too shimmery.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've owned this product in the shade Light for about a year now, so I'm ready to give my full opinion on it!

First of all the color. The matte contour shade is on the red side of bronzer-shades, rather than on the orange or cool side. It works fine for my light skintone, but I wouldn't go for it if I was very fair. The highlighter is nice and pale, although it's quite glittery. Both shades has good color payoff.

I find it hard to apply the contour shade evenly. I don't know why, but it just seems to go on a bit patchy no matter what brush I use and no matter if I apply it on top of foundation or bare skin. The highlighter is a bit too glittery for my taste, but it doesn't actually look bad at all on the cheekbones. It's just not my favourite. I love the highlighter for the inner corners of my eyes though, it brightens very beautifully.

I really like the packaging, it's sleek and feels more expensive than it actually is. It's very compact but the mirror inside is big. Over all it's good value for money, but personally I won't repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is the only contouring kit I have tried, but I wouldn't try any others as this does everything you need it to! The price is fantastic, the product inside is fantastic very pigmented. The highlighter is great for on your brow arch and cheek bones. Only disappointing thing is the case always seems to fall apart a few months down the line. The top comes off so I have to tape it together otherwise your powders will be broken and scratched.

on 12/30/2014 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Im still looking for the perfect matte powder to contour with but this contour palette is really good! I don't use the highlight shade as I find that it doesn't have much pigment and in the medium is rather orange? However the contour powder is really good very pigmented and for the price its a must. I do find that this needs topping up every so often even with setting spray as it doesn't last very long at all.

Top Rated Sleek Products