April 20, 2014 | 1686 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Miss Dior Cherie Blooming Bouquet

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Dior is my fragrance house, their perfumes all just work so well with my chemistry: all of my HG's over the past fifteen years have come from them. Blooming Bouquet is no exception....SO pretty! I imagine if you loved the original Miss Dior Cherie, you'll at least like Blooming Bouquet.

The only problem, and something I find totally uncharacteristic of Dior: Blooming Bouquet really just doesn't last more than a few hours...and this is coming from someone who detests wafts of perfume trailing behind others. It's odd that Dior is always my first fragrance stop, they're known for their big, powerhouse perfumes but I can usually use one spritz of their fragrances to take me from morning to night...there's no way I can do this with Blooming Bouquet. Blooming Bouquet only comes in an EDT (why?!, I mean, no big deal if it lasted, Hypnotic Poison only comes in EDT, and it lasts), and Blooming Bouquet definitely requires you to bring along a small travel atomizer if you want to keep the scent alive from morning to night. I'm all for soft, close-to-the-skin scents, but Blooming Bouquet EDT is totally gone by noon, doesn't matter if you spray it on clothing, hair or skin. Irritating.

If you liked the original Miss Dior Cherie before Dior changed the fragrance and the name to Miss Dior due to their excuse of the "aging" model: Natalie Portman (who I don't think fits the perfume *at all*!), you'll like Blooming Bouquet, which to my nose, on my skin, has the same body and base notes, it's just the top notes that have changed: instead of that playful, effervescent punch of Cherie, there's a sweet, soft, benign rose in it's place. Unexpected for me, although lovely all the same--the only rose scent I've even remotely liked enough to own is YSL Parisienne. I was a HUGE fan of the original Cherie and was pretty devastated to find out it was d/c'ed (haha, I'm still angry about it and cling bitterly to what's left of my tiny original bottle!), SO, while Blooming Bouquet isn't perfect, it's soft reminders of Cherie conjure love and a devoted fan.

Who can write a review for perfumes in the "Miss Dior" line without mentioning the bottle? Absolute, girly-perfection: I love looking at it on my vanity, and the light pink color of the EDT is just icing on the cake.

The only thing is: I wonder how long this one will be around before Dior changes or d/c's it...and seriously, bring out an EDP, or do something about the pathetic lasting power.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Loretta130

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a pretty scent but very low silage. I like a more muscular scent. I should have known it would be so light..from my experience with Zen. I won't buy again. after all, what good is a $$ fragrance if it is gone in a second.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by emmaorange

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ARRGHHFIDASJKASD.

I am so annoyed by this perfume. The scent is beautiful - light, peony, young, not offensive, flirty. BUT. The staying power is horrendous. What's the point of a scent when it disappears by the time I leave the house???

I am even more annoyed because I read the negative reviews about staying power. I spritzed some tester on on TWO separate occasions and both times, mysteriously, the fragrance lasted all day (way better than the Chloe roses fragrance). But now that I have purchased the full size bottle, I'm afraid I have to confirm the negative reviews about staying power. I now spray this on like a lunatic in the morning (in my hair, on my clothes, pulse points, etc etc) and it still somehow floats away from me by the time I get to school. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Feliish

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Blooming Bouquet by Christian Dior is a wonderful scent. It is a very innocent, light scent which is very floral and sweet. The perfume doesn't stay on my skin for as long as i would hope for it to but it stay on for quite a long amount of time. The scent is very strong at first but it soon lightens and becomes a very light fragrance. The packaging of the perfume is cute and the bow adds the girly sense to it. The price of the perfume is quite reasonable and i think the perfume is worth the price. All in all, I would buy this again if i were to run out of this product as i love the smell and packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by loisgreener

I've smelt this a couple of times in the store and yes very lovely inoffensive sweet white floral scent that still fresh.
Its a lovely girl y floral scent that says I'm pretty and this is spring time in a bottle. Although I wouldn't personal wear this little gem as its not my personality. Definitely beautiful sweet smelling smelling perfume. You can smell a sweet rose and peonies in this fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the scent of Blooming Bouquet. It's foral and sweet, but fresh at the same time. I really love the dry-down too, I'm not sure what the base note is, but smells like warm white flowers to me (Gardenia maybe?). However, the staying power of the EDT is just AWFUL. When I tried the tester in the store, it lasted all night and I loved it. Now that I have my full bottle, I spray each wrist one full spray, and can't detect it an hour later. Very very disappointed, and I'm contemplating returning it because I just can't wear it, there's no point.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 4:04:00 AM More reviews by belleringer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful perfume. I bought a 30ml bottle, use 2 sprays every day and i have a third of the bottle left still after 7 months!
This is definitely my signature scent, its light,floral and has the tiniest sweet touch to it. It may not be the most original perfume out there but this perfume could not fail for me. I love taking my heavy jackets off or top after long drawn out days and being reminded of the perfume from the warmth of my skin, the boyfriend also loves it and hes usually a perfume-phobe. If this is ever discontinued it will break my heart, especially in New Zealand where we aren't exactly exposed to the wonderfully broad ranges that overseas nations receive. It's non offensive, comforting and brightens up your attitude for the day, I definitely recommend you try it :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 6:19:00 AM More reviews by taniairawan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just got this perfume in Taipei airport and i LOVE it. Its got this floral-y scent yet sexy after an hour or two. Eventhough its floral, but it smells glamorous too and suitable for your date night or girls night out! love it! definitely will buy if they release an EDP version!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Vittoriak

I love this perfume to the point that I wear it everyday. I also have the Miss Dior Cherie original which I also like, but this one is nothing like that. It is a sweet light floral that you can wear to school and work.

The only thing I hate about it is that the staying power is not that good. If Dior releases a EDP or perfume version, I will grab it right away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by magicalmoongoddess

This fragrance was an Asian release only, as apparently Asian women loved the Miss Dior Cherie bottle, but found the perfume "too Western." Hence the variation and Asian release. This seems to be quite difficult to come by and even information about it is scarce. Listed notes are mandarin, peony and musk.

As for the fragrance, it's very light and pretty. Perfect for warm weather, but not very long lasting or overly unique. Considering it's supposed to be a "lighter" version of Miss Dior Cherie, I can't pick any similarity at all! As you would expect, the bottle is gorgeous and pretty much the same as MDC.