Dior Miss Dior Cherie Blooming Bouquet

3.5

on 5/7/2015 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I wrote a rather negative review of this which I've deleted after wearing this a few more times and encountering the long drydown on a jumper. It's easy to dismiss this as fleeting. It isn't. In fact, it has a really long evaporation curve, and I think I might have a blind spot to the musk in a portion of it. So... it opens tart (the mandarin) and brightly floral, which is pretty and pleasant, then it seems to fade away after an hour or so, for several hours. I think this is what's causing people to say it doesn't last. This is what I thought too. But wait... about 6 hours later, this lush, waxy peony emerges... it actually reminds me of magnolia, but the fragrance is described as peony. This hangs around on clothing for days. Shame about the musk. I don't know if I'll be able to detect it more over time... this can happen, as with ISO E Super which didn't bother me much when I first started out on the OJ line and nowadays I can't stand even a hint of it. So, not the most poetic of reviews but hopefully some practical information here. Get a sample and test over a couple of days. This is really a beautiful floral for spring and summer.

on 4/15/2015 12:08:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Tell me if you think this smells like Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific shampoo! This is not my style of fragrance (prefer florientals or woody florals), but after testing a bunch of scents at the Dior counter, this one stuck with me. The next day, it hit me as to why -- the intoxicating shampoo of my youth.

And you will pay a lot to smell like clean hair. I would love for my pajamas to smell like this, and it could be a wonderful scent for a wedding day. Pure flowers.

An online oil merchant has this scent, so I may be ordering some until I can find a more affordable source or when it comes out in an EDT.

on 3/26/2015 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I love this scent! It has a vibrant citrusy tang and is flowery but modern. This is one of those very rare scents that feels like it was custom made for me. Makes me tingly and happy.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a gorgeous light floral womanly scent. It is not sweet smelling like the original Miss Dior. More of a something you would wear on a spring/summer day. I bought the EDT and the scent does not last at all! 3 lippies for that. Within an hour it was poooooff, completely gone. Just the faintest scent was left. It really has the staying power of a body spray. For the price I would have expected more lasting power equivalent to the original Miss Dior.
The bottle really caught my eye of course, then the light floral scent really got me as my nose tends to prefer the sultry, spicy, confident scents (Narciso Rodriguez for Her). Something different is always good! This is a much more laidback perfume and because the scent wears down it is actually one you can wear to work without giving people asthma attacks.

on 1/26/2015 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I'm sampling this one. It is a pleasant white floral, that smells like it's perfectly lady-like and appropriate. In other words, there is very little personality to this one. It's pretty, but pretty in a boring way. Very easy to wear however, and I enjoy the scent. I just wouldn't drop a lot of money on this one.

on 1/17/2015 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a very fresh and light perfume. Super feminine but not very long lasting. Expected more for the price.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

A great perfume for work. It has a rosey creaminess to it that I like a lot; it's beautiful. But on dry-down I get a synthetic smell of cheap plastic that I can taste at the back of my throat. I'll finish the bottle and stick to my YSL and Guerlain perfumes.

on 11/13/2014 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Miss Dior Cherie Blooming Bouquet is a soft, pretty, feminine fragrance.

Top note is citrus, then the florals arrive. Drydown is a very soft, citrus (smell mostly mandarin and peach), floral (peony and rose), musk.

A blind buy, but it didn't wow me enough to repurchase. Blooming Bouquet is pleasant, but too expensive for an average floral. I'm not a fan of sillage ~ as I sashay off, don't want a scent trailing behind, but if you prefer sillage, skip this one.

on 10/7/2014 7:25:00 PM

This smells blooming lovely!

It's floral, slightly sweet and not cloying

The scent is definitely noticeable but not overpowering and It has a good staying power

This perfume is versatile- appropriate for work, casual days or more formal settings because I think the scent is universally pleasing

I think the ideal wearer for this scent is someone in their 20's or early 30's

The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is because of the inflated price.
The yawn inducing bottle design doesn't help either...

on 9/29/2014 7:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

All I detect on my skin is a childlike muget and faint freesia/wisteria notes that remind me of soap. Boring and very young. There's not enough complexity to hold my attention

Popular Fragrances