July 28, 2014 | 1973 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Sublime Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by mariasara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying that My hair color is probably a 5 and I like to have a 7/8. My first experience with this product was with a 6 shade (600, I Think). It was very, very dark and I didnīt like it. So I decided to try a number 8 (unfortunately the only 8 available in this range is 830- which has a golden tone, so, as I suspected it lightened my hair but...the result was a bit orange/copper...it also didnīt cover whites fully). Finally I tried a shade (700) and I like it, itīs a litle dark, almost like cinammon color, but itīs beautiful and covers whites well. In conclusion. this is a great product, the aplication is easy, and I recommend it, but be very careful with the color you choose (go lighter). What I donīt like is the limited color selection.
wella-bellady has this kind of product too, with a much wider color selection, so I might try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by ThatGirlWithOmbreHair

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this dye :) I've just coloured my hair with the 415 Pure Brown, it's great. I've had real disasters with my hair, I Ombred it last year and loved it but then for some freak reason I decided to try and go blonde (went horribly ginger). Used a nice n easy dye in ash brown to cover it up but it didn't work and left my virgin roots pure orange. This was my last shot, it was ridiculously cheap ÂĢ2.10, and unlike other dyes I only had to use 1 box on my entire thick long hair. Personally I like dark hair on me (naturally tan) so the fact this was 2 or 3 shades darker on the box wasn't a problem for me. But if you want a nice medium brown colour then this is not for you it's a very dark brown but not black.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Skylovette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the last time I DIY colour my hair. I got this on and days later I got an itchy scalp and everytime I rAn my hands through my hair, I'll be clutching at inches of hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2014 8:17:00 AM More reviews by ciftcia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I decided to give the "mousse" a go for the first time since it seemed relatively easier to apply at home. I have been dying my hair for over 10 years now, from what I have experienced, I learnt that I should always go for 1 tone lighter than I intend to so that I can have my "target" color. Having read the reviews online with almost everyone saying "not the color on the box, go lighter,this is way more darker" etc, I went for the lightest color I can find which was #1000 ultra light blonde. I applied to my roots and a bit further over my highlighted hair (I have brown hair, constantly dyed to a blond, like sort of Blake Lively blond, sometimes I get blond-er highlights at the saloon. Yeah, all for the sake of faking a blonde). I can sum this experience with #1000 in 4 points:
1) while applying the smell of the peroxide (or whatever chemical that is) was very strong and irritated my eyes a bit.
2) color was ok (as I have wisely chosen as I wrote above).
3) my hair lost its vitality.
4) the color went lighter and lighter as I washed my hair.
About 3, really, I experienced this for the first time in my life but I guess I should have known better. To reach the color I wanted, I went for the lightest tone which eventually includes the highest amount of chemical.
So, after a month full of "resurrection" therapy for my hair, it was alive again, almost fully recovered but also after a month I needed to take care of the roots again. This time I decided to went for something less destructive and chose #830 radiant golden blond (yeah I am also impressed by my faith in this product with no apparent reason). Again I can sum this experience in 4 points:
1) while applying the smell of the peroxide (or whatever chemical that is) was very strong and irritated my eyes a bit, again, no surprise here.
2) this is NO golden blond. it gave the first signs of not being blond around 10 minutes after I applied but I took the risk and went for 25 minutes because I decided it was turning into a nice ginger/dark strawberry blond.
3) my hair was soft and did not lose its texture.
4) most of the red tones faded away after 3 washes and the color got "stabilized" in more of a dark strawberry blond.
So to sum this one up, if my hair had not turned into the most natural looking strawberry blond I could ever try for, I would be furious, I would have ruined my highlights and I would be looking horrible (since ginger tones mostly require a specific range of complexion).
My advice to you, if you are willing to take a risk and you feel like you can live with the consequences, if you want a change, go for it BUT regardless of what you are, do not go for its lightest color in range.
My advice to loreal, put the correct color to your product' s box. If we all complain with the same issue from all around the world with different type of hair, the problem is not with us customers, but with you supplier.
Will I buy it again? For going strawberry blond, yes with #830 again, for other colors, I don' t think so. Those two lippies are for my better-in-condition hair after my experience with #830.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 6:17:00 AM More reviews by CrazyK

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this brand of hair color for about 6 months. My natural hair color is golden brown with a little red in it. I used L'oreal Feria hair color for years, but I got tired of the mess from it and decided to try Sublime Mousse. I've been very happy with the product for the most part. I usually go a bit darker than my natural color and buy the Pure Light Brown and love it. The other day I decided after several months of not dying to pick some up to cover my white hairs which are getting really noticeable around my hairline. I decided to try the light golden brown this time which is the exact color of my natural hair. But after using the mousse I'm not noticing any difference, the white hairs are still there. Never had this problem with the darker shade which I think is the next one up from the one I bought. Still love Sublime for going darker just wouldn't recommend it for just covering gray/white hair. Also I've never had a problem with it getting hard on me or had any difficulty rinsing it out like a few reviews have mentioned, but I also always use my color as soon as I mix it so that may be why. I also find the mousse to be no mess compared to regular hair color.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2013 3:25:00 AM More reviews by SabannaRita

I had used this product before and wasn't a huge fan as I found it messy and didn't like the fact that it hardened in my hair, although I had never had any color issues with it. However, I decided to give it another chance. My current hair color was a dull medium brown. I had been wanting to return back to my original hair color and bought two boxes of Purest Darkest Brown. My hair requires two boxes (almost 3!) because it is almost down to my butt and is relatively thick if I don't straighten it beforehand. Anyways, I applied the dye, left it in for 20 minutes. When I took the towel off, I knew instantly that something had gone wrong. My hair had turned a blue/black color and it completely washed me out. I'm stuck with it until it begins to fade and I can go over it with a new color. I'm not sure if it's because I hadn't dyed my hair in such a long time or if it was something else. I don't know that I'll be using this dye again. If I ever do, and if any of you do, I recommend getting a shade or two lighter then you think you'll need. Also, I've used cheaper dyes before that were much higher quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by crhttu1964

This has been a complete nightmare. I've only used permanent color from Wal-Mart twice in my life. I usually put a semi-permanent hair color on my hair which has always been fine. I put the medium brown hair color on my hair on July 18th of this year-2013. I didn't do the allergy test. That was my fatal mistake. My hair has fallen out ever since and I have lost about half of my hair with it falling out all over the head but especially on the top, crown and back parts of the head. I've itched the entire time on my head, face and body. Have been taking benedryl for the itching. After about three months I called L'Oreal and they were willing to pay for my first doctor's visit as a good will gesture their letter said. They said the dye doesn't go into the hair follicle. It's such a bad deal cause I had beautiful thick hair and have pictures of my hair right before I put on the Sublime Mousse. The dermatologist was right in line with L'Oreal saying that the dye doesn't go into the hair follicle. My hair is falling out at the root. There is not any breakage. The dermatologist ordered lab work for thyroid, lupus, vitamin D, and anemia blood work. The bloodwork all came back normal. I had lost approximately 25 pounds in april and may of this year--201
3 and he blamed it all on that fact. Even though it's October 23, 2013 now. He diagnosed me with male pattern baldness(I'm a Woman!-smile.) The doctor told me Rogaine is the only thing he could recommend and to go ahead and use the stronger 5%. I told him the reason I hadn't used Rogaine was because once you begin this product you must use it the rest of your life or the hair that you've grown falls out! So, looks like my only hope is a hair transplant from the hair from different parts of my scalp. This all just makes me sick and I'm embarrassed to go out to my regular place and let people see me. I am trying to make an appointment at my holistic doctor so he can desensitize me to this product and he says I must bring the product so he will know what's in it. This is a complete disaster. DO NOT USE L'Oreal Sublime Mousse if you are SENSITIVE in ANY WAY!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by ellesea10

I have never written a bad review in my life, but felt compelled to write about this product. I saw an advertisement for this product and fell madly in love with the colour. After a week of contemplating I decided to take my chances and hiked up to my local drug store. When I got there I started to second guess my decision -- I've never used a foam application before and didn't feel comfortable with this process. I ended up grabbing the box and tried matching the colour to other boxes - no luck. I had heard that many woman found one box was plenty, so I purchased one box of Pure Medium Brown and two back up boxes of my usual colour. When I got home I immediately stripped down (I was very excited). Unfortunately 3 minutes into applying I realized two things 1. One box is not enough. 2. I had regretted buying this item. The foam became hard within seconds making it hard to apply to the rest of my hair, the process was very, very messy .. I found it hard to rinse out and it left my hair feeling VERY dry. To top it all off I don't really see a difference in my hair colour. I'm very disappointed, and above all I'm annoyed I have to put my hair through more damage to fix this horrible dye job.

Truthfully, I wouldn't recommend this product to my worst enemy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by bricupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this hair color. I have used Pure Light Brown, and now use Pure Medium Brown. Easy to use and looks so rich. Easy to use. Color looks darker in my hair than on the box. but that is to be expected. I've used this box three times now and will keep going back.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Myah65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am shocked at all the bad reviews of this product. I tried this for the first time a few days ago as I wanted to dye my hair a medium brown. I was a coloring my hair blonde for years( really light blonde) and it was frying my hair! My natural color is a dark ashy blonde.

Here is my story..lol So, I went to the local beauty supply (Sallys) and they told me that i would need to put a protein filler in my hair first, so the new color had something to grab on to. I was shooting for a color protein filler, like orange or red, but the Sally's gal told me to use a clear protein filler and spray it on, saturate my hair, blow it dry and then color. I started out with a L'Oreal Feria shade in light brown and this was a HUGE mistake as it turned my ends GRAY! I don't think the color did that, but the combination of clear protein filler ( should have went with the color protein filler!) and the hair dye! I have used Feria in the past with very good results.

I immediately washed it out and thank GOD I had a box of Color Fix from Sallys and did the shampoo in method, then I washed again with a moisturizing shampoo, deep conditioned it, dried it and then chose a John Frieda Foam Color in light brown to put some color back into my processed hair and Viola, no gray at all and a really beautiful color, but it was too light and a bit too warm ( but that was ok, I needed that as a base color first. Then a few days later after deep conditioning my hair, I picked up the L'Oreal Sublime Mousee # 50 Pure Medium Brown and Viola again...beautiful, not to warm medium brown! I love it! It went on easy, no mess, no smell really and it is the perfect brown, not to red or gold like most brown shades result in! It did go on a little darker than the photos, but that's OK. I would recommend this color in a heart beat and I hope L'Oreal never discontinues this shade!

NOTE: If you are bleach blonde or really blonde wanting to go dark, you most likely will need to put a color protein filler back into your hair FIRST, or you could use a reddish hair dye so that your new darker color has something to grab on to. See, when you are bleaching you are removing all the color pigment from your hair, you need to replace it if you want to go dark or your hair could turn out green or in my case GRAY! Then dye your hair with your desired dark color.The mistake I made was the clear protein filler, should have went with a color like orange, red or a warm brown. I am not a professional, but have been coloring my hair for many, many years and have learned a lot. Do your homework! I think products, particularity hair dye gets a bad wrap because people don't read or understand the color wheel etc..

At any rate, I love my new color and my experience with L'Oreal Sublime Mousse was excellent! I attached a photo above so you can see the results.