July 28, 2014 | 2063 users online

Liquid - Manic Panic - Gothic Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by runningmoon

I ordered the "Moonlight" shade, and to my dismay, it was way too dark for me :/ Almost 2 or 3 shades too dark for my pale skin. Definitely not the color of a goth, so I'm not sure why they call it goth foundation. I will be using this for the Summer since I will surely get at least a little darker. I love the Moonlight pressed powder though! I will definitely be rebuying that. Foundation wise, i'll stick to my Loreal True Match in Porcelain. It works well anyway, besides making my face slightly oily after awhile.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by beehivekristine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wasn't able to find the ingredients for this on the Tish and Snooky website and the product description was minimal. I ordered from them (despite the lack of information) and it came promptly. It's advertised as cruelty free and not tested on animals.
It's always sketchy to choose a color online, but this product isn't in many stores to try out. I ordered the color Starlight...not wanting something too light. It ended up being about three shades too dark for me and very pinky orange (for ref: I'm about NC20).
I can't comment on the performance of the foundation since the color was so far off, I didn't bother trying to make it work.
The main reason this is not a keeper for me is the ingredients. I am trying to avoid parabens and other questionable chemicals in my products. I wanted to at least post the ingredients for others who may also be looking:
INGREDIENTS:
Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Myristal Myristate, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Sorbitan Sequioleate, Triethanolamine, PEG-100 Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cellulose Gum, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Dimethicone, Sorbitan Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, [+/- (May Contain): Galactoarabinan, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77897), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines ( CI 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510)].

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by faerie72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Not as pale as I'd expected. I got "Moonlight" the lightest of the three shades and it's close to being a match for my fair skin, but could be a shade lighter.

I like the feel of it on my skin, and it wears fairly well if I use a primer underneath.

I'd probably buy it again, but have found a better colour match in a different product at the moment, so will see how that goes over the longer term before coming back to this one again. It's probably going to be my 'summer' foundation, rather than my pasty white winter one. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by nikkimorrissey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this from Amazon.com and planned to replace my Revlon CS with it. I also ordered the Vampyre's Veil pressed powder. I was kinda underwhelmed with both. I had such high hopes, too! I like a very opaque. Made up look when it comes to my foundation/powder. First of all, it wasn't as fair as I had hoped for. It was definitely not full coverage at all. I had to apply several layers and then the powder over the top and even then it just did not compare to the Colorstay in terms of color, opacity, wear time, etc. I do however like the little spatula thing inside that you can dip into the bottle to spread the product onto the back of your hand and then apply it with your foundation brush (or whatever you use). Colorstay is still my HG. I used half of this on my face the other day and half CS and DH said the CS was a better match and overall a better look. Maybe I can use this in the summertime since it is a little darm for me. And I hate ordering stuff online for this reason alone-you never know what you're gonna get. A risk you have to take once in awhile I supppse!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by vampira428

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this foundation in moonlight. It's just plain ok. It evens out your skin tone. I used it once without moisturizer under which I usually wear and it didn't blend as well. It doesn't cover up that good, I still need concealer.