April 21, 2014 | 1884 users online

Pressed Powders - Almay - Smart Shade Smart Balance Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

Almay smart compress is a great addition to their smart line. I use the mousse and the powder together and it works out great. Only problem you may find is if you have dry skin or acne underneath you will have spots of flakes. that's pretty much every pressed powder i've tried. the consistency is really nice and soft . The white is supposed to be moisturizing I think, but I don't think it's any different than the colored part. in summary its a good pressed powder that I would probably purchase again

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by GGgibs14

This powder really worked for me. It didn't make me look shiny, evened out my skin and stayed on all day! The only thing I'd say is that the powder box it's in broke open right after I used it, and I had to buy another one. Also, they should get a better powder brush as I had to buy another one.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by anonsensical

This comes in a nice little package, with the bottom snapping open to reveal a small brush... Overall it's a neat little compact that you can carry easily for convenience.

I don't find much use for this just on its own, to be honest - it just dusts on and doesn't have enough definition to mask whatever blemishes or imperfections are beneath, normally... But I love it in combination with my bb cream/foundation. It's very easy for me to look oily, and this sets things and matches well with my skin tone. The package isn't too bulky, either, so it's easy to just toss in my purse.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by mccfrausto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think I don't like the dimethicone in this product. Makes my combo oily skin look like crud

Perhaps I used too much though, and it might look better if I applied a primer underneath.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by chali26re

Very nice pressed powder, as far as pressed powders go. Blends to a lovely, skin-like finish and doesn't appear too heavy - just right. This is like a finishing touch for me. Does it's intended job quite well. No need to spend more on high-end.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Amber4407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this for use over my bb cream. When I use other powders I look dried out. This is enough to keep me from looking oily, without being cakey. I also like that it is actually pretty shear. I randomly will tan during the winter just for a little glow and if I get a little darker it doesn't look too light. It would have gotten a five if I liked the brush more. I use a larger powder brush to apply because the one included is very stiff and I feel like it just wipes everything I put on off.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 5:45:00 AM More reviews by perfumefiend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this powder to go with the Almay Blemish Healing foundation. It is a lightweight powder that helps set the foundation and makes it last all day/ night. This powder does not make blush appear caked on or give that powdery look under your eyes or nose. It also does not accumulate on certain areas of face or in creases like some heavier powders do.
This powder is great and I would totally recommend also to those that don't wear foundation. It is super light but it gives a great coverage for daytime wear. When I run errands during the day I sometimes do not apply foundation so I usually just wear a powder. It provides sufficient coverage while still looking natural during the day and also sets great on top of foundation. I highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by BrittCastsFireballs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Overall, I like this powder. It's lightweight, manageable, and blends well.
It doesn't seem to have helped mask/control my oily t-zone, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by lovie1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I brought the almay amart shade set and i love the powder at first i got the light one and it was too white for my skin so i brought the med and it blended perfectly i love this powder. not all cakey and dry. I would defienatly but again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by laurenmn

Despite the fact that I'm tan, I bought this in light by accident. However, I used it over my liquid cashmere avon foundation and love the results. I don't use it only by itself because it doesnt do it's job, but only because i need heavier coverage because of acne scars. It absorbs oil, sets well, never cakey and lets my skin breathe. Will definitely buy again. Only cons, brush sucks. Get a Sonia Kashuk one and this little compact can do wonders!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No