December 18, 2014 | 1526 users online

Pressed Powders - Almay - Smart Shade Smart Balance Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2014 5:52:00 AM More reviews by emiliu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product recently and I've found myself using it everyday!
It keeps me shine free but also gives me a nice, healthy glow to my skin.It hasn't irritated or broken out my skin which is also a good sign.Being on a budget, I found this product super inexpensive and it surprised me quite a lot in terms of product quality.

I agree that the packaging could be better... but I would definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2014 1:55:00 AM More reviews by juliephan

translucent powder, makes my skin look blotchy (oily t zone) and overall, an alright pressed powder if you're looking for something cheap and sets your makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by BarefootedALIEN

This powder has no extra color. When put on the face, it is sheer. It has decent oil control, but I like more color and better oil control. Will not rebuy.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great powder.

I use it for setting sometimes but mostly just for touch ups when I start to get shiny.

Hasn't caused any breakouts and the colour is pretty much translucent.

The only bad thing is that the mirror is underneath the pot--- ummm not sure who came up with this horrible design but its not functional AT ALL.

ill buy again.

EDIT: something in this irritates my skin, making it itchy and prickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by bujiyama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this powder! I have combination skin that starts out dry in the morning and gets oily/shiny later in the day. Most powders make my skin look older and cakey, very dry. Even the HD loose powders do this to me. Amazingly, this powder does not. I use it at midday after blotting oil, and my skin looks almost flawless. It's very silky and works well without drying or making me break out. I'm a NC15 with very light olive skin and purchased this powder in color 010 Light, which is a great match and does the job well. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

Almay smart compress is a great addition to their smart line. I use the mousse and the powder together and it works out great. Only problem you may find is if you have dry skin or acne underneath you will have spots of flakes. that's pretty much every pressed powder i've tried. the consistency is really nice and soft . The white is supposed to be moisturizing I think, but I don't think it's any different than the colored part. in summary its a good pressed powder that I would probably purchase again

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by GGgibs14

This powder really worked for me. It didn't make me look shiny, evened out my skin and stayed on all day! The only thing I'd say is that the powder box it's in broke open right after I used it, and I had to buy another one. Also, they should get a better powder brush as I had to buy another one.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by anonsensical

This comes in a nice little package, with the bottom snapping open to reveal a small brush... Overall it's a neat little compact that you can carry easily for convenience.

I don't find much use for this just on its own, to be honest - it just dusts on and doesn't have enough definition to mask whatever blemishes or imperfections are beneath, normally... But I love it in combination with my bb cream/foundation. It's very easy for me to look oily, and this sets things and matches well with my skin tone. The package isn't too bulky, either, so it's easy to just toss in my purse.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by mccfrausto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think I don't like the dimethicone in this product. Makes my combo oily skin look like crud

Perhaps I used too much though, and it might look better if I applied a primer underneath.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by chali26re

Very nice pressed powder, as far as pressed powders go. Blends to a lovely, skin-like finish and doesn't appear too heavy - just right. This is like a finishing touch for me. Does it's intended job quite well. No need to spend more on high-end.