L.A. Colors Baked Eyeshadows

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/11/2014 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is the first eyeshadow I have ever bought in baked form and I absolutely love this. I picked the palette in shade Nebula, great neutral earth tones!

Points to take note:
- Can be used both dry and wet. For wet application, simply spray some water onto your eyeshadow brush, dip the colour and apply normally as how you would apply it.
- Colours appear more light when applied dry, good enough for casual look.
- Colours appear more darker, metallic and vibrant when applied wet, good for dramatic looks!
- Colour fallout --> just be more careful when applying it. If it falls to some parts of your face, use translucent / loose powder and apply it on those affected parts.
- Affordable price.

on 12/2/2012 11:30:00 AM

I picked this up in Black Hole, with a Black, Gunmetal, Eggplant and White color. If you want a sheer, soft smokey look you an use these. When used wet, the intensity of the colors pop and stand out. I love using these wet for a smokey look. The gunmetal color reminds me of the Urban Decay color, but with less sparkle. I use an eye primer with all of my shadows, UDPP or Elf $1 primer. Primer required for my oily lids with all eye shadows and these last as long as my high end eye shadows. I have paired these with NYX jumbo pencil in Cottage Cheese, and the LA Colors Seashells jumbo pencils for more intense color.

I got Nightlife at a local dollar general or family dollar, but anyways.... I love the purple! And just throw away the applicator wannabe it comes with! It sucks, but the eyeshadows are great for nighttime activities(: I found that my finger is the best tool-if you will- for the job. No brush I own could get it on without it being sheer. And the only other negative is you kinda have to cake it on.

on 7/16/2011 9:39:00 PM

baked eyeshadow quad in nightlife.Shimmer shadows in white,dark grey,plum,black. Used over the shimmer La Colors eyeshadow primer easy to blend and adds extralasting power.$1.50 at a dollar store. The pigment is awesome. Carefully apply there is fallout. Package is bulky and hard to open. Forget the foam brush that comes with it

I picked up the one called 'nightlife' at the dollar store as an impulse purchase and was pleasantly suprised! Used with a eyeshadow primer this stuff stayed on and looked awesome through a night of clubbing and dancing. I will say that the best way I have found to apply it is with my finger. The applicater that it comes with is completely useless. The packaging could be better but for the price I can forgive that. Will definately be trying some of the other quads.

on 5/5/2011 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have Titan and Galaxy from this new collection, and while the colours look great in the compact, I find they need several applications in order to show up on my eyes, and I have to really work the colours into my brush. The compact itself is a pain to open, and the sponge applicators are too tiny to be of any use whatsoever. Personally, I prefer the metallic eyeshadow quints, and I shall stick with these in future.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I couldn't resist picking up a bunch of these baked shadows from Cherry Culture. All the colors look so pretty online and I really loved the "space themed" names on all of the palettes. I find that with two layers, I achieved great pigmentation and true color pay off using them dry. The colors showed up just as vibrant as they do in the pan. Also, I'm wearing Zero Gravity today (dry w/o primer) and the color is still true and even with no creasing or fading. The quads that I have are:
1. Zero Gravity - Gray & pink
2. Stellar - Pinks
3. Eclipse - Cool silvery blues and icy grays.
4. Neptune - Pink, Purple, Colbalt and Bronze
5. Asteriod - Greens
6. Solar - Warm tones of yellow, orange and pinks.
Very affordable @ $3.00 each. I highly rec these shadows.

I found these maybe a year ago, and I still use them - a lot! Applying them dry gives a more sheer color, but if you want intense, use this wet!! It is wonderful! The darker shades can be used as liners too when used wet. The color payoff is just amazing for such a cheap product!