October 1, 2014 | 2008 users online

Liquid - Sephora - Perfecting Cover Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Its a decent foundation and i think it works well for most skin types. Price is decent esp for Sephora brand. I like the packaging which works like the benefit hello flawless (pushes the foundation up) which is handy to see how much i've used up. Has a light to medium coverage but i wish it has a longer staying power.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by poppycherie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation does have a decent coverage although I personally feel it is not buildable because it may end up looking cakey and thick (because I personally prefer light and natural coverage). The smell of the foundation is not the best for me, and it was the first thing that really affected me when I pumped it out. It could be a little drying and makes some parts of my skin (nose area) flakey because I do have dry skin. But again, the coverage is good and leaves my face looking pretty even.

I bought this specifically for theatre productions and events where I will have to take photos at night because it does not have SPF. That being said, it does work because taking pictures with flash wouldn't give me a "moon-faced syndrome". Additionally, it is also paraben free!! It is also fragrance free...although I'd rather it not be because I really don't fancy the smell.

Sadly, SPF is very important to me in a foundation, so I rarely use this on typical days! I have read some reviews here on how it breaks out the skin, personally I have not had any notable incident with this foundation yet. But my sister has stopped using hers because she says it irritates her skin!

I can see this foundation lasting me for quite a while since I don't use it often. But when it runs out, I will probably get a different foundation. Although I must add that for a higher end foundation, the price took me by surprise!

Hope this helps! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Prettyprettyprincess123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is a pretty good foundation and a cheap compared to other foundations at sephora. it gives good coverage and blends well. it covers all my acne and acne scars. it tends to cake up after a while of wearing it.
i like to mix it with other lighter foundations because it can be kind of heavy/thick. one thing great about it is that this bottle will last you FOREVER, even when it looks like your out.. nope you still got a months worth left.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Broke6969

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm so sad that this foundation doesn't work for me! It's fairly cheap (as far as high-end foundations go, at least) and wore beautifully! I applied it with my fingers, a sponge, and a flat-top brush and I found that my fingers have me the best coverage. It was dewy and made my skin radiant but felt very lightweight. I was thrilled with my skin. Until I woke up the next day. I was horrified to find the WORST breakout I have EVER had. It had to be from this foundation, considering I changed nothing else in my routine and it was the wrong time for a hormonal breakout. I am so bummed! I'm giving it to my mom, maybe it will work on different skin types!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by cowhugger

I actually really like this foundation. I mean, it is totally orange and cakey when first applied but if you just work with it and take some time to blend it out (I do this with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush), then it ends up looking really good. I would say the coverage is high and the foundation imparts a subtle dewy sheen that I like a lot. I don't think this foundation would work for anyone who doesn't have yellow undertones. Oh, and I use the shade Clair Light 05. Overall I really like this foundation, more for nights out than daytime wear just because of the high coverage. I won't repurchase this foundation because I'm pretty sure it's discontinued but also because it's not the best foundation out there. I got it on sale at Sephora for about $10 and in that context I'm really pleased with this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by dtormon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this on sale at Sephora for $5! I LOVED it the minute I applied it!! It's full coverage, so I only needed a little to cover all my acne scars and hyper-pigmentation. It went on smooth, blended well, and left a beautiful velvet finish. It didn't emphasize any of my dry spots, which the majority of foundations do. It had great staying power as well. The only con so far was the crappy packaging that left the cap falling off all the time. I went back to Sephora THE NEXT DAY to buy two more before they sold out of my shade since they were so dirt cheap. I was ready to toss my MUFE HD in a corner.
HOWEVER, over the first few days, I noticed cystic acne starting to form. I didn't mind the first three zits since my face was clear otherwise, but the more I used it, the more my skin broke out. And not just terrible cystic acne, but strange bumps along my chin and cheeks. But I was determined and used it for a few more weeks thinking my skin would adjust. It didn't and so after a month, I had to lay this foundation to rest.
Now all three bottles sit in my makeup box, tempting me to just give it a try again because of how flawless it looked, but I really don't feel like waiting another month to heal my skin after. It may claim to be oil- and paraben-free, but it sure beat my skin with an ugly stick. I'm jealous of anyone who didn't break out :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by rubysubi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

So...Hazelnut is my "summer color" foundation - I love the coverage it provides, it photographs beautifully (no white ashen tones), it doesn't break my skin out, it's the perfect amount of yellow, doesn't oxidize on my super oily, acne-prone skin.. HOWEVER. I have yet to find a primer that works well with this. Ordinarily, I'm not a primer girl but this foundation had me looking and feeling like a greaseball after just an hour. In the humid DC summer days, my skin already oils and greases up, so you can only imagine my pain at this ghastly discoball effect. I'm talking about completely greasing up a blotting sheet after an hour and a half. I've tried Iman's primer and Sephora's primer underneath but to no avail. Tomorrow I'll try Laura Mercier's and if that doesn't work I might actually have to go old-school and use MOM (milk of magnesia) underneath and see if that works out any better. Wouldn't buy it again just because it got discontinued... but got it for a fiver at my Sephora so I can't complain about that! One pump truly is enough for good coverage on my acne-scarred skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this in no.25-beige. For ref I use ELDW in Tawny, MAC PLW in NC35, Rev CS in 330 + 310, Bourjois Healthy Mix in No.55. I have very oily skin, I have moderate acne scarring and I live in a tropical climate. The reason why I include my skin type and coloring is because when choosing a new foundation, I rely on MUA to get my right shade. SAs frequently matched me to a shade too dark.

Anyway, I love the texture ...it is almost mousse-like and so airy. Very lightweight and offers a medium to full coverage. Great at covering my moderate acne scarring and I didnt need concealer. And for a full cover foundation this is supremely airy. It blends well and the color I picked was an exact match, it wasnt too yellow orangey on me, the undertone is yellow but not MAC yellow. It blends into my skin and become almost undetectable. It doesnt get cakey even after layering, it literally adapted into my skin. Did not highlight my flakies and did not leave me looking flat as it has almost a satiny finish.Did not oxidize on my supremely oily skin.

This would have been my HG foundation had it not been for the bad staying power. I mean...damn it...damn it..damn it...It stayed on less than four hours and then it started disappearing. I was in an air conditioned room the whole time!.......If you are looking for a medium to full coverage foundation that isnt cakey and If you have normal to dry skin. This might work well for you. But on me, this lasted a mere 4 hours. Worst staying power I have ever seen in a foundation....Other than the staying power....this is aaaaaaaaammmmmmazing. So give this a go if you have normal to dry skin. This might work for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2012 2:37:00 AM More reviews by mltussing

I have grown to hate this product. It seemed to go on well in the store, but now seems orangy and greasy as I continue to use it. I may blend it with my Cover Girl Aquasmooth to tone down the oil and color. Wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by sindu87

I normally don't wear liquid foundation. Only for going out at night and special occasions. I contemplated getting Make Up For Ever's HD foundation, but I got samples of that and Sephora's foundation and didn't find much difference. I love how this foundation looks on my skin. It does everything that much more expensive foundations (like Dior) have done. The 35 Tan color is a perfect match for my skin. It's light to medium coverage that can be built up. With setting powder, this can last all day.