April 20, 2014 | 1653 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Smart Essentials Pore Purifying Facial Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Could probably do with less citrus fragrance (or none at all.. ) but it does cleanse the skin nicely, maybe a little drying for me but it would be a really good choice for oily skin

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 5:41:00 AM More reviews by Corina1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really liked this. I've only purchased it once, I still think the ultra calming is my favorite in Aveeno. I like the smell, but sometimes it seemed a little too much. I don't understand why they'd add so much fragrance to a line of products marketed as smart. It smells good though, and I would repurchase because it cleanses and softens my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this cleanser. It was moisturizing and it helped me out a lot with my really touchy skin. It gets all the makeup off and it doesn't strip your skin (at least not mine but I have really oily skin). It smells really nice and it leaves your skin soft, great night-time face wash.

I got this on sale at target for about four bucks so the price was right and I ended up using it until the last drop which rarely happens for me.

Highly recommend.

(I only took off a lippie because looking over the ingredients now, I see that it has coconut oil in it and my face has become overly sensitive to oils so I can no longer use it :( )

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by maddey21

When I found a two-pack of this cleanser on sale at my local target, I bought it for the price and because I trusted Aveeno. I was pleasantly surprised. I don't wear much makeup daily, but what I do wear is easily taken off by this. I love the scent, although it's much stronger than other cleansers I've used. I used this twice daily and my skin looks and feels good. While it does leave my skin tight, I've never met a cleanser that hasn't had that effect. I apply my moisturizer about 1 minute after using this and my skin is just fine. I would buy again... if I found it on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by HOPI87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very acne prone skin and have literally tried EVERYTHING on my face to help with getting rid of it. Finally I figured out that my skin was so bad because it's super sensitive. I bought this face wash and I will NEVER use anything else! My breakouts are far less often and less harsh since using this. I've been using it for nearly 3 years now. If you have acne prone/sensitive skin I definitely recommend this!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Panda117

This product wasn't bad, in that it didn't add to my breakouts. However it was not suitable for removing eye makeup and burned the skin around my eyes. It left my skin feeling stripped and tight, exactly what it claims to not do. Ultimately caused my dried out skin to create more excess oils. I would not purchase this again for myself. My husband has normal skin and has benefited greatly from this though, so I still give it four stars. Not right for me, but has performed wonderfully for his normal skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulConverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this a lot. It smells wonderful! A mix of flowers and fruit but yes its the southernwood. I wish this made my skin feel really smooth like their foaming facial wash, but it gets the job done. I use 2 pumps twice daily unless I use a facial scrub. I like the pump since it locks and the pump opens with no problems. I might repurchase but this isn't my HG facial cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by iamblackbird

Loved it for the first week, then started getting some cystic acne. Kept using this, and it got worse! Switched back to my old stuff, and my skin cleared up. I like the smell, so now I'm using it as a hand wash.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by tapioca07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to purchase this product because my skin wasn't at it's best. It looked dull, tired and I thought it needed a boost.
Pros:
- It smells very nice, however, it may be a bit strong to others. I personally like the scent.
- My skin looked brighter, softer and more supple
- It does not leave any residue and it leaves your skin feeling smooth (some cleansers may make your skin feel tight and squeaky clean but not this one!)
- It removes my make-up effectively even without using make-up remover
- I felt like it was nourishing my skin whenever it lathers up on my face since it claims that it contains antioxidants
Cons:
- Expensive
If I ever get the chance I would definitely repurchase this and perhaps even try out other products from this line!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by ChristyLuu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know if it's just my body but after using this, I literally have no more acne!! I used to use salicylic acid acne face washes and they suck! After switching to normal face cleansers, my face has improved to 1 to no pimples! The salicylic acid probably irritated my skin so much, I broke out. It also cleans my makeup right off! It smells nice imo. It's definitely my HG!