April 17, 2014 | 1827 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by megmajor

I have strong red tones to my skin and large pores. I managed to get the green primer for $2 bucks at Target when they reset the make up department. I had been using the Pixi primer lately but wasn't impressed. The Physicians Formula primer has been AMAZING. It evens out my skin tone, masks my pores, and sets the rest of my make up beautifully. It's personally a miracle product for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by dragongirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a clearance sale at CVS a couple of years ago. I used it very infrequently until I finally threw it out the other night. I just can't stand the way this feels on my face. It's heavy, hard to apply, and feels slightly itchy. The brush is pretty awful, too. You have to click several times to get some product into the brush, but then the brush is saturated with it and it won't come out. It seems like 85% of what I tried to get out of the bottle ended up getting stuck. I tried washing the brush, too, but it's practically impossible. It seems like the formula just doesn't want to come out. I think I only paid a few bucks for it so I decided it wasn't worth the hassle. There are so many outstanding Physician's Formula products, but this definitely wasn't one of them for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by rtorres72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first put this on, I didn't think it had done anything. But then I looked in the mirror 10 minutes later and saw that my skin did look more even-toned (I have mild rosacea) and my ugly pores were much less noticeable. And it truly is moisturizing! I wasn't crazy about the brush applicator but got used to it. I just wish the SPF was higher; that is the only reason I have been trying other brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Fark222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A pretty great primer, for the price.

I have been through quite a few primers, both department store and drugstore varieties alike. And I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by this one.

First of all, I love that it has SPF in it, because that is never a bad thing to have in any face products. Secondly, the formula spreads evenly without being too greasy (which is one of the things that has driven me away from primers in the past).

I bought the pink kind, which claims to highlight, however because I wore it under my make-up I really didn't notice any highlighting effects. Additionally, I only used to brush to dab the product onto my face, concentrating in the areas that needed to be primed the most. After that, I used my fingers to blend.

I would be really interested to see how well the green shade would work!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in the correcting shade green. It is very nice and most definitely tones down redness. I have redness in my cheeks and sometimes on my chin, and this really works to tone it down. I actually like the packaging and the brush applicator. I do not like the rainbow colors though as it makes the product look kind of cheap and childish to me. The brush itself is very soft though and is very good for blending this in, so I'm not sure why some people don't like the brush. It's got an interesting texture to it that is effective. The formula blends in nicely too. Just an all around good product, but needs some changes done to the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by kkdawson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I read the reviews on here and was a little worried about buying this product, but I did anyway. So far, I like it. I have oily and acne prone skin, and it hasn't broken me out nor does my face get oily. I have this color in green, which helps with redness. I'm a swimmer and I swim outside, so my face can get sunburned sometimes. This helps reduce the redness without looking unnatural.
I agree that the brush applicator is kind of weird. Instead of using the brush to apply it, I use my fingers, which helps.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this primer, I have it in the nude color and it is very transparent which is good because that makes it not too dark for my skin. It applies smoothly and feels great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Suzy9797

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

primers are expensive. no matter the brand, the primer always seems to be far more than even the foundation. physicians formula isn't cheap, but they often have sales that make it well worth it if you find a product that works well for you. PF doesn't have too many of those for me.
that being said, this is great. i got it 40% off at ulta which made is around 7 bucks, completely reasonable for a primer, especially this brand. the texture is wonderful, the little bit of coverage is provides exceeds most primers, and it makes skin silky soft. i havent tried a primer that also claims to correct more than large pores, so i was pleasantly surprised when i saw that it really did subtlety even out my skin tone and wake my skin up a little. also, it made my foundation go on beautifully and last longer than ever.
the package sucks, PF's always do. figure that going in and you wont be let down. use a finger, sponge, brush, who cares? it's what is inside that is great!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Cinchanny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Was looking for a primer to fill in my large pores and saw this on sale at Target for $6. But like other people have said, the click pen brush applicator is not good! Uneven application and lots of product still in the brush. The nude color was too light for me, so made me look pale and ashy. I have oily skin naturally and this primer did not help much... Also, it smells bad. Almost like a plastic. But it did improve the appearance of my pores a little, even though it made my skin oily after about 3-4 hours. I won't be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by aykhan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall, this primer is OK (I've been using the Nude shade). If applied lightly, this is a fairly good primer that minimizes the appearance of large pores and blotchy skin; I also get more wear time out of my foundations.

I find that this primer is a bit too thick and cakey if I put on enough to get adequate sun protection, so I've been wearing it with other sunscreen-containing products. Also, the brush applicator is horrible! I'm not a fan of click-pen applicators in general, and this one is especially poorly designed and messy. I'd be much happier with this product if it came with a pump or in a squeeze tube, and I won't purchase again unless the packaging is improved.