September 19, 2014 | 1582 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - Studio Cream Shadow in Candlelight

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by nahlaelkadi

first of all, OMG how cute this packaging is !!! its so tiny and just adorable. its a creamy goldish color i use it in the inner corner as a highlighter and i lock it in by using a powder eyeshadow with a very close shade to it .. when i did this it actually stayed for a good 7 hours, which doesnt ever happen to me ! my eyeshadow stays for just an hour and it fades , so i think thats a really good eyeshadow ! it will actually look good on many skin tones :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by vanessaparadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been trying to find the perfect neutral creamy eyeshadow for some time. This product is nowhere near, actually it's so bad, I only used it twice. It goes on all weird, certainly not smooth and silky as I had hoped. The shade looks dull and unattractive, and it melted away in a few hours, which usually never happens to me.
Save your money, Ladies...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a nice goldish cream color. I like to use this after I apply shadow just as a highlight in the inner tear duct area. This doesn't last very long though. I find it kind of fades away after a couple hours. I won't complain for the price though. I am usually pleasantly suprised by E.L.F. products. This is a good product to have as a back up, or just a quick lid high light for out the door!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by SmolderMeSuburbia

I was initially attracted to this product because the color looked so beautiful.Unfortunately, this product turned out to be completely unusable and a complete waste of money. The texture was nasty and greasy. The application was horribly uneven. When I applied this to the eyelid, some areas would be completely sheer while other areas would have big greasy clumps of product. I'd try to spread the product out evenly and it would only get worse. Furthermore, it immediately began to crease and fade seconds after application. I tried really hard to somehow salvage this product. I tried applying it with my fingers, with various eyeshadow brushes, with a concealer brush and even with a sponge-tipped applicator and I tried all of these various methods more than once. I tried applying it over all sorts of different primers. No matter what I did, it resulted in a hot greasy mess. This product can't be used as a cream eyeshadow, as base for powder eyeshadows or even as a highlighter. It's utterly useless. I ended up throwing mine in the trash. I can't believe all the positive reviews for this product at all. This is most definitely one of my worst makeup purchases of all time.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Ladyleopard805

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For refence I'm an NC30-35, olive skin with warm undertones. I love this shadow! I don't actually use it as a shadow alone but more so a base. This realy makes my shimmery shadows stick and stay in place. I use this with primer underneath. This color is sort of a light golden shimmer. The texture is very smooth, I've had no problems with mine thus far (make sure you close you shadow all the way...). It's only 3.00$ so why not go ahead and give it a try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

I wanted to like this, I really did, because I have been doing a lot of simple looks with a dark lipstick lately and I thought it would be great to have an illuminating cream shadow I could smudge on, throw on liner and mascara, and know it would stick around. I guess really I was looking for the equivalent of the Maybelline Color Tattoo shadows.

Anyway, although Candlelight is a very pretty color and does light up my eyes for a more awake look, it's pretty hard to spread evenly on a small area like an eyelid. I had a lot of problems with patchiness, and trying to smudge the patchiness away would just make it worse.

Lasting power was okay, some minor creasing after about 5 hours, not worse really than most pressed powder shadows. I never tried it over a primer because that was the point for me, to have something that didn't require a primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by TheGoodSwan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I purchased this as an inner corner highlight, browbone highlight and an overall shadow base. It is perfect for all three of those things. I wore it as a base under my UD Naked palette shades and the colors lasted all day. PS...I have oily lids. It makes a lovely inner corner shade too. It is very brightening. In a pinch this could also work as a cheek highlighter, and even on the cupid's bow. It isn't the best thing I've ever used, but it has done exactly what I wanted. And...It.Is.Cheap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Good for inner corner highlight. Nothing more.
Price: $3.26 USD
Colour: golden ivory
Finish: soft shimmer
Pigmentation: light
Texture: creamy
Sadly, this is not the typical crème-to-powdew e/s I've grown used to. While this does dry to powder, it's so streaky when you apply it. Pigmentation and awesome shade just doesn't cut it. It's best that you apply this in a tiny area like the inner corner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

The color of this eyeshadow is what I would describe as being ivory with a yellowish undertone. I love using it as an eyeshadow base or for highlighting underneath my eyebrows with instead.

The texture of this eyeshadow doesn't go on as smoothly as some of the other cream eyeshadows I have from E.L.F. Which is why, it is very important that you only use a small amount and blend, blend, blend! I do like to use E.L.F.'s Studio Concealer brush to apply and blend any of my cream eyeshadows with. I do find that this brush does work perfectly for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Jake54

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on sale so it was very cheap! I use it on my eyelid for a brightening effect and will layer eyeshadow over it later in the day when I want a different look. This with some mascara and brow powder and I'm good to go. If I want to I will add a soft brown crease color and smudge on a brown eyeliner. I can't say I see much creasing, but I work from home and I touch up my makeup when I go out for meetings and stuff, so that is not that important to me.
EDIT - I am taking a point off because I finally tried Dawn and the reviewers are right. So much better texture! Much smoother than Candlelight. Also, glad they reduced the size of the jars.