July 31, 2014 | 1295 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - Studio Cream Shadow in Dawn

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I've been rotating between this and pewter on a daily basis. THis is a great base shade for light neutral looks. Wears excellent, never creases on me or fades off. I find this shade a bit more patchy than the other colors I have, but once you top with a powder shadow all is good.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by 0811test

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought this product for the first time about a month ago. It is now my go to for everyday wear. The color is a great neutral. The consistency is consistently creamy but not greasy and it adheres well and maintains color all day. There is an adequate if not generous amount of product. I'd rather pay the really low price of $3 a pot and have fresh product than pay a much higher price for product that is dried out and flaky before I've gotten half way through.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by nesslee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i waited long time to order this one and finally i got it from the france website. i received the small pack version, i guess i am lucky. the pack is light, not like the studio cream blushes that i received. easy to take it in your bag or for travel. the color is lovely. do not doubt about it! it is close to my skin color, but easy to wear for work. it doesnt have glitters or that sort and stays relatively well on the eyelids with elf mineral eyeshadow primer. very natural color that i will use all alone or under powder eyeshadows

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by GlitzyGremlin

Elf is very hit & miss, this is definitely a hit!! This is such a versatile colour & easily buildable so can be worn for many different looks. Looks great with black or brown eyeliner & rosy cheeks. I am so in love with this product, so versatile & is very easily applied with fingers. The only downside is the bulky packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by carolinetransue

The brush that it comes with is the only one that seems to work for me... But I LOVE the color! I do have to apply a few coats but it was such a great price! Will be buying again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by muobsession

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Only complaint is that you can't close the lid all the way, or if you try to make it tight, the square packaging doesn't line up. Other than that: fabulous go-to. If I do sloppy eyeliner, I just smooth this over a little and it evens things out. I have extremely oily lids and this has never creased on me. You can layer it. You can use as a base. Absolutely adore this. Can't beat the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by sassylass11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I selected this shade after reading reviews on makeupalley, since it sounded like it would apply well. I would call this a beige-gold. The consistency of this cream shadow is different to any other cream shadows I have ever tried it's drier and harder so you need the warmth of your finger to apply it. I love that it gives a natural look and would look good on any skintone. You could also build ithe colour up too. It hasn't creased on me yet.The colour lasts all day, yesterday i wore it from 11am-11pm.It's cheap and easy to apply. I read reviews saying the packaging was bulky but I didn't think it was a problem until I got it- yes it does take up alot of room in a makeup bag or box. I think the sleek black lid and extra plastic was supposed to make it look classy as if it was made from thick glass, but in reality it's very clumbersome. Also the label that tells you what the colour is, is absolutely tiny- the sticker is like a smaller version of stickers that come on apples and the font is tiny.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is THE EASIEST way to do my eyeshadow in the morning. It's a shimmery taupey color - doesn't look like much in the pot but it gives a nice polished & finished look on the skin.

On the advice of other reviewers, I gave up trying to use a brush. It just doesn't work. It's a dry cream and the brush just makes for a patchy and weird application. I use a finger instead, and give it a couple of swipes so the color will show up better. I haven't had any creasing problems (but then again, I usually don't due to dry skin).

I haven't tried using it as a base for other colors, because I am generally too lazy for that multi-step stuff. But I may try that next for one my approximately eight thousand taupe shadows!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by TheGoodSwan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm a pretty big sucker for cream eye shadows. I'm always looking for a good one. The Target near me JUST started stocking ELF products, so I hauled a bit. I decided to try a couple of the cream shadows... First impression? Not impressed. I hated the packaging. I hated the little dinky brush. I hated the consistency. After a few wears...I've began to sing a different tune. I'm still not keen on the pot - it is beyond hard to work with. Buuuuuuut...I love the color of this. It is so versatile. I have been applying it alone, just as a wash over my lid. I'm pretty lazy in the morning. I get up too early!! And it has lasted on my oily eyelids ALL day. In the heat. I even wore it to the gym (no, I'm not one of those girls... normally). The price is amazing too.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by cchughes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a grey-taupe cream shadow. The packaging is a bit difficult to get a finger into, not to mention bulky. The price is great though! I bought it for 3 dollars at Target. The shadow applies pretty easily, but needs a few layers to get to my desired intensity. After around 6 or so hours, it begins to collect in the creases of my eyelids though. I will not be repurchasing.