September 2, 2014 | 1664 users online

Mascara - LORAC - Multiplex 3D Lashes Volumizing & Thickening Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by tagme87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has been my favorite mascara for a few years now. Every once in a while I get the urge to try something new, but so far I always come back to this one. I initially got it as part of a holiday gift set and have repurchased regularly since then. It does a good job of building up my lashes both in length and volume while not becoming super clumpy. I wear contacts and have no issues with flaking or eye irritation. The formula is definitely not waterproof, but does a pretty good job standing up to the inevitable runny eyes I get from my seasonal allergies. It is a little pricey and excluded from coupons at Ulta, but I have yet to find another mascara that gives me better results. Until then, I will be sticking with my old faithful!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by lovelovelilacs

I love this mascara! It lengthens and thickens my lashes which are stubbornly straight and short. No flakes, no clumps, no problems! I also love the shape of the wand, it really helps curl my lashes. The only con to this mascara is the price - too much for my budget! (I was given this mascara as a gift, yay freebies!)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hmm maybe I got a faulty one but this is the worst mascaras I've ever used in my entire life. I got mine in a kit. the formula is almost identical to wet n wild mega volume (which is like $17 cheaper). Its extremely wet, don't expect this stuff to hold a curl or produce any volume. It gave me a little length but that's useless when your lashes are pointing down because they started uncurling as soon as you put the mascara on. I can't believe this stuff gets such good reviews. as I said, maybe I got a faulty tube. I much prefer essence I <3 extreme or tarte lights camera lashes to this. Even lancome hynose star has kind of a similar formula but is wayyyy better. Unless you already have a ton of lashes that naturally curl straight up and you just need a little pigment and length, I would not recommend this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by njr86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Holy crap!!!!! This is the best mascara i have ever used. Now I normally cannot stand the mascara wands w/the plastic bristles... One of my pet peeves lol. I also gave up on dept. store mascara a long time ago since it all seems the same to me. But this one works brilliantly. love the curved brush b/c it takes me forever to curl my lashes (very stubborn straight lashes) and this helps enhance the curl. 3D multiplex is very black, I'd say as black as diorshow blackout but kicks more ass, thicker fuller longer lashes, AND and has an easy to use, reasonable sized brush lol. I never would have tried this mascara if it wasn't included in the new private affair collection. This and the cream liner are already my new faves, worth the $38 purchase on their own (the eye shadows are fantastic for green eyes btw) Will def replace when I run out

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by MelanieNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Beautiful, fluttery, curled, thick but NO clumps, non-irritating and jet black.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by kaylapantz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I generally love Lorac products, and I loved the results. It is now my every day mascara because its not too dramatic but it separates and defines PERFECTLY. Its true, the formula is much more watery than normal mascaras, but I personally like that because its smoother to apply and creates no clumps. The color is a beautiful dark black.The reason why I gave it 4 lips is because it doesn't really give much volume, therefore it doesn't really do what it promises. HOWEVER, my lashes have felt much thicker since I started using this product. The plastic bristles caught me off guard but I'm now a fan of them because they don't waste any product. If you want super full dramatic lashes, not for you. If you're looking for a defined, every day look, this is for you :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by belovedhope

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product IS very similar to UD's Supercurl mascara, as another person mentioned. In fact, if you put the wands side by side, they look almost exactly the same. Both separate, lift, and volumize my short and sparse Asian lashes very well without clumping or flaking. LORAC is $2 more than UD at $22, but holds slightly more product (.43 oz vs. UD's .3 oz). I think both are sorta misnomers - I actually think LORAC adds more lift and curl while the UD adds more volume and thickness to my lashes. But these differences are very slight. I'd repurchase both of them for sure- HGs for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by dawnzartandlife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

someone below wrote "Luckily, I got this as part of the Close Up set for $39 and really love every product in it besides this. If I had spent $22 on this outside of the set, I'd be returning for sure." Ditto, I agree!

Honestly, I adore Lorac Products, but this mascara is to blame for flaking in my eyes/contact lenses more than once. In the garbage it goes, and will not be purchasing. I have tried several HE mascaras and this one is not one to top any type of list I have.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by sunnshine017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this mascara. I have tried majority of the drugstore mascaras and some of the most popular high-end mascaras, and this one has them beat. This mascara lengthens, volumizes, and curls. It can be clumpy if too many coats are applied, but I typically apply two and it makes my lashes lush and soft. It adds a shiny appearance to the lashes, which I have never seen with any other mascaras. I do think the price is a little steep though. Other than that, I think this mascara deserves 4-5 stars!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by GetFat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Terrible mascara? No. But whoever at LORAC decided this was volumizing should lose their job. Maybe they just don't sell as many mascaras with lengthening in the name, but this is about as far from a volumizing mascara as I've ever seen. My lashes look thin and spidery. Slightly enhanced from my natural lashes, but for a $22 product, nowhere near enhanced enough to cut it. Really hate this, unfortunately. Packaging is great though. I like the curved brush and the reflective silver.

Luckily, I got this as part of the Close Up set for $39 and really love every product in it besides this. If I had spent $22 on this outside of the set, I'd be returning for sure. Overall, just one more expensive mascara to convince me high-end brands simply can't do anything with mascara that drugstore brands can't also do. I'm sticking with my <$10 drugstore brands that at least actually thicken my lashes. Will not buy again!