February 28, 2015 | 1779 users online

Eyeliner - Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2015 1:15:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

These drug store eyeliner pencils have floored me!!! For many, many, years, I have been a high-end makeup snob who wouldn't even *dream* of buying a pencil eyeliner in a drugstore or supermarket! Hell no! Tried most of them when I was young and it was all I could afford, but they all were too hard to apply because they were not soft and didn't glide on like today's pencils. Also, they would smear, smudge, and disappear on me like it was nobody's business. I have been a loyal, Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner pencil user for years! Before that, I was a big fan of MAC, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, Elizabeth Arden, MUFE, Marc Jacobs, Estee Lauder or Clinique. The reason I tried the PF Shimmer Strips is because of my teenaged daughter. She forgot to bring an eyeliner pencil with her on vacation last summer, so we went to a local CVS to pick one up for her. She picked out the Warm Eyes and Nude trios because I had a coupon; and because they looked so good on her, I asked her if I could try one. I was amazed at how well the eyeliner stayed put all evening without migrating into my creases (like a lot of other eyeliner pencils I have tried), and without patting a matching eyeshadow powder on top to set the line. Not only did it not migrate, but it didn't smudge, smear, flake, or disappear at all, either! So I bought myself the Green Eye Trio the next day, and I have to say- these PF Shimmer Strip pencils have replaced my beloved UD eyeliner pencils! I have been using them every day for quite some time now, and always with great results. I don't even have to check my eyes in a mirror anymore, because I know my liner is staying put. I must confess, last weekend… I fell asleep watching a movie (at home). I never got up to wash my makeup off, and when I awoke the next morning? My Shimmer Strip liner was STILL IN PERFECT condition! I couldn't believe my eyes!!! <--(Pun intended) No fading, no disappearing… it was all still there! Looking as lovely as it did the night before! I was so impressed, I went out last week and bought myself 2 more trios: Blue Eyes and Hazel Eyes! So far I have been uber impressed with both trios! Good thing they don't sell these in more colors, because I would be broke! ha, ha! I don't buy the sparkly Shimmer Strip pencils because of my age, I just stick with the basic ones and they have been great!

EDIT 2-20-15: Ugh- It seems I sang the praises too soon for this product. =^/
Took a point off the overall rating, and 3 points off for packaging after my incident yesterday morning. I attempted to use the pretty green pencil from the Green Eyes Trio, and when I pulled the cap off, the entire lead of the pencil slid out of the plastic pencil applicator and right into my bathroom sink! Not only was the lead contaminated now, but it made a bit of a mess in the sink that I had to scrub off. I am not happy about this because I used the green pencil a few times and it happened to look really nice with my hazel-green eye color. Now I am down a pencil, and I can't replace it without paying over $10 for another trio (which I don't need all 3, just the one.) That is the downside to twist-up eye pencils… when they fail, that's it! You're done! :-(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the trio for brown eyes (1 black, 1 brown, 1 purple) at Ulta. I do find that the black/brown/purple colors flatter my brown eyes. I use the black during the week for work and the brown is great for a softer look on the weekends. I use the purple in my waterline once in a while when I go out in the evenings on the weekends, but it's not something I to wear on a regular basis. All three liners have good staying power, are fairly well pigmented and are not waxy/don't skip upon application. I don't find that they are as effective in the waterline, though. Even though I like this trio, there are other products I prefer over this, so I'm not sure if I'd re-purchase any time soon.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely hate to give this an average rating, because I do like them, but I can't wear them because there is an ingredient in them that irritates my eyes and makes them red and itchy.

I got the set for blue eyes, with a dark blue, a golden brown and a black, and they all look better IMO than many other eyeliners I've tried, including high end! Even on the waterline, they stay put, don't fade and don't migrate.

BUT, my eyes start getting teary, red and itchy within half an hour. There is something in the formulation that doesn't agree with me, and that happens very rarely. For this reason, I can not wear them, and I'm actually sad about it lol.

Good product, but not for everybody.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Willow229

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the set for GREEN eyes, which contains a black eyeliner (which is listed on the package as having "amethyst shimmer" but does not have any detectable shimmer), an emerald one, and an amethyst one.

The color on these is beautiful, and is an excellent choice if you have green eyes and cool-toned skin. The color payoff on the two bright colors is wonderful, and the black is nice as well. My previous go-to black eyeliner was Maybelline Define-A-Line (the one with the lime-green barrel) and I would compare these to that in texture, but these smear FAR less easily and have much better staying power. That said, my only complaint is that they don't work very well for a "smoky eye" look because they don't smear very well. Once they're on, they're on, but come off easily with eye makeup remover. (I'd recommend the trio of kohl liners that PF makes in the same colors if you like to blend.)

Overall, a fun set and not a bad price for three full-sized liners!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by iheartdonuts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for a eyeliner with color payoff, good color range, and easy to use, then look no further because these bad boys do it all! Seriously. If you want some everyday eyeliners that are easy to apply and are travel friendly, you should give them a go.

The pigmentation is great, and last all day. I usually wear purples and browns because I'm not much of black eyeliner girl. Don't be afraid to try the blue, green, purple, brown, and copper eyeliners! Personally I LOVE how these look over a regular black liner. Keep in mind your own eye color, but good thing these come in selections for different eye colors, right? ;) There is no smell, and won't irritate the eye. For what it's worth I think the price is fair especially when you get three of them! They will last you FOREVER which is great if you're on a budget.

I hope they never discontinue these because they are my go-to eyeliners! Love them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by emily0212

I have a confession. I'm almost 38 years old and I TOTALLY SUCK AT EYELINER! I can "sometimes" get the liquid cat eye thing to work. If I take an hour and do it very very carefully. But with pencil liners, I usually end up trying to line and washing it off and trying again and washing it off and trying again and washing it off, and then I have to wash my whole face and shit, I'm late for work, screw it. And this went on for years. And I gave up on eyeliner and NEVER wore it.

Until I tried these.

TOTALLY GOOF PROOF! The line doesn't have to be perfect. I kinda "scribble" it on instead of one long line and it looks GREAT! I can only imagine my skills will get better with time.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Olive143

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've had these for about a year now. These are no nonsense eyeliners that simply work. They glide on, smooth application and all day staying power. The packaging is great. Price is about $9. May favorite of them all is the black liner. I couldn't find the gel strips trio any longer so decided to jump on these. And I love them much better than the cream gel liners. No extra brush needed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

Just like the Amazing Gel/cream stackable pot liners from PF the trio of pencils perform at the same high level. They are housed in a retractable tube. If you twist up too much you can reverse it and the color will go back down; a plus to prevent break off of the liner.

The trio consists of two different matte hues and a matte black with a micro glitter to it. (I'll review colors separately) and they are really pretty. The eyeliner has a firm consistency but not too hard to easily apply. Very smooth and no skipping. Like the gel/cream the lasting power is awesome. I got some fading after nine hours of wear on my top and bottom lid. Also used in the water line the wear wasn't as long but no drifting into the eye duct.

Physicians Formula's eyeliners are just as good if not better than more expensive brands and for about $12 for three you can't go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

Love this trio! very beautiful outcome with all 3 used.I haven't used them as a single liner yet,but can't wait to.This is definite re-buy when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by LeeSays

I haven't had the best experiences with drugstore eye pencils (or even high end for that matter) and I bought these just because I liked the idea of having purple liner.

I've been using all three colors for months and all I can say is WOW! They're pigmented, they don't smear on my oily eyelids (which is a godsend!), and they're cheap! They're definitely worth trying out.