November 28, 2014 | 1710 users online

Liquid - Boots - No7 - Beautifully Matte

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by millbluebell

I have this foundation in the shade "Cool Vanilla", I was colour tested for this foundation so it should be a perfect match, however I find that this foundation is very orange and not at all my shade. I have fair skin and usually go for slightly darker colour anyway just because I have red skin and I find that wearing pale foundations bring out the redness. But this foundation is not my shade to be honest, and although it is quite cheap (£13.50), I still expected more. As for coverage, I think the coverage is decent and covers most blemishes I have but have found after using it for about 3 days I started to break out more, so would not recommend for acne prone skin. As for blending, you need to blend immediately as it dries really quickly, and even when you do blend I still find I have patches that will not blend and I do not have dry skin for it to be doing this. It lasts quite well, however I use it in conjunction with a Mac concealer and a translucent powder, and I feel I need to use the powder as application leaves me quite shiny (not dewy), despite it being a "matte" foundation. If you do want more coverage and put on an extra layer (even a thin layer) it tends to go very orange and changed my colour completely. Would not recommend and won't be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by charlottehi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this foundation in the lightest shade, Calico, and it is just a bit too dark for my pale skin during winter, which was when I bought and used it. What I like about this foundation is the fact that it gives quite a matte finish - that was initially why I bought it in the first place. There are, however, multiple reasons that make me unable to like this foundation. First of all, the lasting power is poor. The matte finish only lasted a few hours before my skin started to look shiny. It really just felt like using something that refused to settle on my face. The foundation rubbed off extremely easily as well. After a few hours the foundation was practically gone around my nose, and I don't have particularly oily skin either. All in all this is not a foundation I would recommend - on my normal to combination skin it looks good after applying it, but wait a few hours and it turns into a whole different story.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2014 7:05:00 AM More reviews by sofgrove

I used this foundation for around a year as I loved the instant matte flawless look that it gives when you apply the product. Although it does apply lovely and gives a good amount of coverage I find that the smooth look it originally gives doesn't last long, even when setting the foundation with a powder. Foundation seems to build around the areas where I get pores (around my nose and chin) and this one definitely did, so if you seem too get this problem too then this foundation isn't for you. If products hold well on your skin and you want a reasonably priced foundation this gives a flawless look then I think this foundation will be well suited for your skin!!
Overall this foundation is good for people who's skin does hold foundation in place but if it seems to move a lot or sink in to pores then I would steer clear of this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was originally matched to Cool Vanilla, however it went on terribly orange. I went back and got the palest shade which is Calico, yet it's still too dark! Compared with my Colorstay Ivory the difference is massive. I had to check that Calico wasn't a misprint of 'Warm Beige' or something. I'd steer clear if you're a pale girl like myself. However I do like the texture, it's very smooth. Also, the pump is great as you have more control.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by hatrick01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this. I don't have success with many foundations due to my fair coloring that gets reddened-but not rosacea. This covers evenly and full without a cakey look. I definitely put this up there along eldw ( i wear ecru). My only complaint is the lasting power. On me it does not fade, but rather appears thick and oily approx 4-5 hours of wear. Not bad considering most foundations do the same and oxidize-this does not. I wear cool vanilla and am elated that this shade is so perfect. I own over 20 high end foundations, and numerous samples of too many. I go for this, the eldw and clinique stay matte (alabaster) on a daily basis. Very high end foundations are still hit or miss- mostly miss. Gotta use what works! I wish they had more shades to choose from, but I got lucky. The Boots ladies at Target will give a sample, which is great. Very impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by olivialovelady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this foundation!!!!!
I have been searching for a foundation that will cover my acne prone skin and that will stay in place all day, and this does the job!!
I was absolutely amazed when I first put it in my face. It literally feels like I'm not wearing any foundation on my face when I put it on, as if it were my own skin.
Previously, my foundations would slide around, not last, and I could feel that mask of makeup on my skin, even with my face primer underneath. But I have now finally found the foundation that works great on my skin!!
The only downside I have with this is that their lightest shade is still darker on my skin tone, but if I mix it with a little bit of concealer that is my skin tone, it lightens up to match my shade.
Either way, I am loving this and will continue to buy this foundation for my everyday use!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by sparklygrass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation! covers my acne prone face fully and matte, and stays looking fresh for the day with primer.
Without primer it tends to melt off but takes a good few hours.
it blends so well and covers my pores and spots.
I just don't like the packaging, I'd prefer it to be in a squeezy tube so I can scrape the last of it out at the end instead of loosing a few days worth.
I also use no7s foundation brush which is amazing!
but all in all its my perfect foundation! x

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by ensayles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am always on the lookout for a good-coverage foundation that looks natural but lasts all day. I purchased this product because of the great reviews online, and I did enjoy it...but it was a little too dry-looking on my skin even though I really liked the coverage (I used it with a primer.) The LIft & Luminate line also got great reviews, so when I got a little low on foundation I headed to Target and purchased it. While I like shading and the way it smoothed over my skin, the coverage was minimal. So now my routine is to use Lift & Luminate all over my face (without primer) and to use the Beautifully Matte line on my nose and around my eyes. The two shades (Cool Vanilla for me in both lines) mesh very well, and it gives me light coverage most everywhere but more coverage where I have more discoloration. Still, $25-$30 is a lot of money to pay for a foundation (the initial investment if you're buying both lines, but then again I'm no longer paying for primer) and I'm not sure I would have done it had I known ahead of time, but I'm happy enough that I bought another Beautifully Matte to replace the one that had originally been running out instead of returning the Lift & Luminate. (BTW--according to the product containers, the Protect & Perfect line is a light coverage, the Lift & Luminate line is light to medium coverage, and if memory serves the Beautifully Matte is medium coverage.)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Juliarussothegreat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! Great coverage, creates a flawless look over my acne scars and keeps my skin oil-free all day! I still break out, as I'm a teenager, but this product hasn't done anything to make my skin worse so far. Haven't used this product long but am in love at the moment! One tip, DONT use a sponge with this product, it takes forever to build coverage that way. Use a foundation brush to get fantastic results.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by reking16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So, my skin is oily, not super oily but oily enough to make anything i put on my face slip and slide off, or just fade. I was hoping that this foundation would be my new favorite foundation. Sadly, not at all. I got the color Cool Vanilla which is a little light for me, and kind of has this grey muddy color to it, which is kinda unattractive but i figured if i love the foundation formula , and not the color i would just go back to target and spend 13 bucks on another one. When i first put this on i wasn't impressed with how it looked, it made me look dead. Though that was probably my color that i got. I also noticed that it gave okay coverage. It was just an foundation. I went to my friends house and within an hour she told me my face looked cakey. Now my best friend is very trustworthy but i didn't believe her until i went to the mirror to look at my face. My face looked like someone just slapped some crisco on my face. Okay maybe I'm being a little dramatic but seriously it looked horrible. For the rest of the day i felt so conscious about my face, and couldn't wait to take off my makeup. Then, a couple of days after that i just wanted to give it a try again. I thought maybe its just something i did wrong, like i maybe put too much powder on, or applied it heavily. But nope SAME results. But thank god i didn't leave my house the whole day. So i was just going to toss this foundation, but again i thought i would try it just one more time. And this one more time had to fall on thanksgiving. I honestly don't know why i tried this foundation again, but it felt right in the moment i guess. So after the whole Thanksgiving feast i look in the mirror and my face looks worse than any of the other time. I am so disappointed in this product, probably just going to burn it. Hahaha just kidding but seriously so mad this foundation didnt work out for me. Reading all these positive reviews about this foundation makes me sad that this didnt work out for me. If you want to try it go ahead but for me it just didnt work