Boots No7 - Beautifully Matte

3.9

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5%) (Sunscreen), Titanium Dioxide (1.6%) (Sunscreen) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Talc, Mica, Lecithin, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Trihydroxystearin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Dimethicone, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Water, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Methylparaben, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Potassium Hydroxide, Ethylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Alcohol, Lupinus Albus Seed Extract, Carbomer, Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract, Polysorbate 20, BHT, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopherol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 3/2/2015 7:45:00 AM

I like this foundation, it doesn't give me breakouts, It doesn't last as long as it states though, i find that it stays fresh looking for around 5-6 hours.

on 2/17/2015 5:59:00 AM

I ran out of foundation a few months ago and needed a new one. After seeing some great reviews I thought I would go and buy it in the colour they matched me to (Calico, the lightest shade). When I first got it I applied it with my fingers and it didn't really apply great for me as it didn't look like it done anything to my skin. For some people that would be great as a foundation that doesn't appear obvious on the skin is what people look for, but this is not the case for me. My skin is very problematic its dry, oily, acne-prone, has redness and for me this foundation did not help me cover acne or redness and it did not stay matte for long, even with powder! I attended college 4 days a week and the product did not last longer than 3 hours on my skin.
I now apply it with either the real techniques buffing brush, stippling brush or their beauty sponge. I find the beauty sponge the best form of application but it comes off slightly cakes with any of those three and can seem chalky through out the day.
I live in the UK and I do not believe it is worth £13.50 considering my experience with it but everyone's skin is different and reacts differently to certain products so if you want to risk it then go for it!
I got 3 bottles of the product for Christmas so I have to use it for a while but I will not be repurchasing this myself.

on 2/7/2015 12:39:00 AM

My skin is a nightmare to work with - it's too pale for EVERYTHING, it's oily, it gets flaky bits coming off, it gets spotty, it goes bright red; basically everything that makes a good foundation hard to find.
I have this in Calico, the palest shade. Oddly, this seems to be lighter than the for-normal-skin alternative No7 foundation, but the lady at the counter said that it was likely the oils in my skin making the other ones look darker. I had been colour-matched with some sort of Vanilla but I knew it was wrong and went for this.
This baby blends right in to my skin tone. Most of the time, people think I'm not wearing makeup and that my skin is looking "much better than it used to" - HAH! Wrong! I wear this (and some concealer) whenever I go out now because it looks so natural!
I find it much easier to blend in with my fingers than with any tools. Sponges make it go uneven and brushes put it on too thick. Use it sparingly and it'll reward you.
Big warning though: if you have any dry bits on your skin that you couldn't either exfoliate or moisturise away, don't use it! It will cling thickly to any dehydrated parts and highlight them.

on 1/31/2015 3:59:00 PM

Nice foundation. Lots of shades available to buy. I like how the bottle shows clearly how much you've used so you don't run out before you've repurchased

on 1/20/2015 5:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This is my favourite foundation. I really need a foundation with good coverage, because I have quite a few blemishes. This foundation covers acne, uneven pigmentation and whatever my face is up to. But, because of my acne problems, I only use this for special occations to prevent pore-clogging and even more acne. I use mineral foundation for my everyday makeup.

on 1/20/2015 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I tried this foundation after watching a YT review. It has full coverage and it is mattifying. It would be great if they had the right shade for me. I purchased Wheat since all other shades seemed too light for my medium plus skin. The foundation shade looked ashy on my skin and still just slightly too light.

on 12/13/2014 2:19:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

I bought this foundation in the shade 'Cool Vanilla' after I had been colour matched at the No7 counter but it was too dark for my skin tone.
The foundation settled in creases and didn't stay on my skin for even two hours, although was advertised to stay on for fourteen.
It did cover my acne and made my skin look flawless for a bit, the pump really helped and had a nice creamy consistency.
I personally wouldn't buy it again,especially for £15.

on 9/19/2014 3:41:00 PM

I have this foundation in the shade "Cool Vanilla", I was colour tested for this foundation so it should be a perfect match, however I find that this foundation is very orange and not at all my shade. I have fair skin and usually go for slightly darker colour anyway just because I have red skin and I find that wearing pale foundations bring out the redness. But this foundation is not my shade to be honest, and although it is quite cheap (£13.50), I still expected more. As for coverage, I think the coverage is decent and covers most blemishes I have but have found after using it for about 3 days I started to break out more, so would not recommend for acne prone skin. As for blending, you need to blend immediately as it dries really quickly, and even when you do blend I still find I have patches that will not blend and I do not have dry skin for it to be doing this. It lasts quite well, however I use it in conjunction with a Mac concealer and a translucent powder, and I feel I need to use the powder as application leaves me quite shiny (not dewy), despite it being a "matte" foundation. If you do want more coverage and put on an extra layer (even a thin layer) it tends to go very orange and changed my colour completely. Would not recommend and won't be buying again.

on 8/8/2014 9:20:00 PM

I have this foundation in the lightest shade, Calico, and it is just a bit too dark for my pale skin during winter, which was when I bought and used it. What I like about this foundation is the fact that it gives quite a matte finish - that was initially why I bought it in the first place. There are, however, multiple reasons that make me unable to like this foundation. First of all, the lasting power is poor. The matte finish only lasted a few hours before my skin started to look shiny. It really just felt like using something that refused to settle on my face. The foundation rubbed off extremely easily as well. After a few hours the foundation was practically gone around my nose, and I don't have particularly oily skin either. All in all this is not a foundation I would recommend - on my normal to combination skin it looks good after applying it, but wait a few hours and it turns into a whole different story.

on 7/29/2014 7:05:00 AM

I used this foundation for around a year as I loved the instant matte flawless look that it gives when you apply the product. Although it does apply lovely and gives a good amount of coverage I find that the smooth look it originally gives doesn't last long, even when setting the foundation with a powder. Foundation seems to build around the areas where I get pores (around my nose and chin) and this one definitely did, so if you seem too get this problem too then this foundation isn't for you. If products hold well on your skin and you want a reasonably priced foundation this gives a flawless look then I think this foundation will be well suited for your skin!!
Overall this foundation is good for people who's skin does hold foundation in place but if it seems to move a lot or sink in to pores then I would steer clear of this foundation.