Boots No7 - Beautifully Matte

3.9

Water • Cyclopentasiloxane • Phenyl Trimethicone • Alcohol Denat • Nylon 6/12 • Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate 5 • Glycerin • Cyclohexasiloxane • Zinc Oxide • Titanium Dioxide 1.6 • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Magnesium Sulfate • PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone • Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone • Tocopheryl Acetate • Hexyl Laurate • Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate • Propylene Carbonate • Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer • Salicylic Acid • Aluminum Hydroxide • Phenoxyethanol • Lens Esculenta Fruit Extract • Stearic Acid • Triethoxycaprylylsilane • Retinyl Palmitate • Ascorbyl Glucoside • Potassium Hydroxide • Isopropyl Palmitate • Methylparaben • Lecithin • Ethylparaben • Tetrasodium EDTA • Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract • Dimethylmethoxy Chromanol • Ethylhexylglycerin • Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract • BHT • Tocopherol /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77492/CI 77491/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

This foundation is ok. It leaves a gorgeous Demi-matte finish. It's not too expensive since it is no7. The problem is it doesn't stay. It leaves me shiny after about 3 hours and omg it oxidises kinda bad on me. Maybe I should have got a lighter shade ? It's not bad but it's not great.

I am so glad I tried this foundation! I love how this foundation blends in, it is very creamy. I would not say this is entirely "matte", but I like that isn't so I don't look so flat (but not oily). It looks natural and lasts most of the day when I set it with powder. It covers well for me, however I don't have any acne so I'm not sure the coverage on someone more acne prone. This really is an ideal foundation. The price at Target is around $10 (I think) which is a little high for an average DS foundation.. but still affordable.Will re-buy!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is an early review, simply because I'm excited about this product so far! I've been using it for a few days only, so if needed I'll go back and add how it held up in the long run. Anyway, I bought this as I wanted a matte foundation that was hypoallergenic to see if it'd do any good for my acne-prone combination skin that has been acting up lately. The first thing I was surprised to note was that it didn't go on very matte at all - it actually went on looking pretty dewy! That was far from a bad thing though. Naturally it also goes more matte when you go over with a powder afterwards. The matte factor came in later though, when it proved to keep my face practically free from oiliness hour after hour. I have noticed that it tends to slide around a little bit on my nose and chin at the end of the day, but that's without having reapplied powder all day so it's not that big of a deal to me. I'd almost say it's to be expected.

To me, the absolute biggest pros with this foundation is how it feels very lightweight on my skin but still gives good coverage, along with how fresh and flawless it has my skin looking. I've been so used to my skin looking dull, matte and powdery (and thinking "oh well, at least it hides my acne") that I was simply amazed with the result of this foundation. (Keep in mind that it may say something about the products I've been using before, too.) Big thumbs up (but also a heads up if you're sensitive) to the fact that it contains salicylic acid as well. This foundation might not better my skin, but at least it seems like it doesn't do any further damage to it which is a weight off of my shoulders.

Not much to say about the packaging: it's sleek looking and has a good pump - I ask for nothing else.

I like this foundation, it doesn't give me breakouts, It doesn't last as long as it states though, i find that it stays fresh looking for around 5-6 hours.

I ran out of foundation a few months ago and needed a new one. After seeing some great reviews I thought I would go and buy it in the colour they matched me to (Calico, the lightest shade). When I first got it I applied it with my fingers and it didn't really apply great for me as it didn't look like it done anything to my skin. For some people that would be great as a foundation that doesn't appear obvious on the skin is what people look for, but this is not the case for me. My skin is very problematic its dry, oily, acne-prone, has redness and for me this foundation did not help me cover acne or redness and it did not stay matte for long, even with powder! I attended college 4 days a week and the product did not last longer than 3 hours on my skin.
I now apply it with either the real techniques buffing brush, stippling brush or their beauty sponge. I find the beauty sponge the best form of application but it comes off slightly cakes with any of those three and can seem chalky through out the day.
I live in the UK and I do not believe it is worth £13.50 considering my experience with it but everyone's skin is different and reacts differently to certain products so if you want to risk it then go for it!
I got 3 bottles of the product for Christmas so I have to use it for a while but I will not be repurchasing this myself.

My skin is a nightmare to work with - it's too pale for EVERYTHING, it's oily, it gets flaky bits coming off, it gets spotty, it goes bright red; basically everything that makes a good foundation hard to find.
I have this in Calico, the palest shade. Oddly, this seems to be lighter than the for-normal-skin alternative No7 foundation, but the lady at the counter said that it was likely the oils in my skin making the other ones look darker. I had been colour-matched with some sort of Vanilla but I knew it was wrong and went for this.
This baby blends right in to my skin tone. Most of the time, people think I'm not wearing makeup and that my skin is looking "much better than it used to" - HAH! Wrong! I wear this (and some concealer) whenever I go out now because it looks so natural!
I find it much easier to blend in with my fingers than with any tools. Sponges make it go uneven and brushes put it on too thick. Use it sparingly and it'll reward you.
Big warning though: if you have any dry bits on your skin that you couldn't either exfoliate or moisturise away, don't use it! It will cling thickly to any dehydrated parts and highlight them.

Nice foundation. Lots of shades available to buy. I like how the bottle shows clearly how much you've used so you don't run out before you've repurchased

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This is my favourite foundation. I really need a foundation with good coverage, because I have quite a few blemishes. This foundation covers acne, uneven pigmentation and whatever my face is up to. But, because of my acne problems, I only use this for special occations to prevent pore-clogging and even more acne. I use mineral foundation for my everyday makeup.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I tried this foundation after watching a YT review. It has full coverage and it is mattifying. It would be great if they had the right shade for me. I purchased Wheat since all other shades seemed too light for my medium plus skin. The foundation shade looked ashy on my skin and still just slightly too light.

Eyes: Violet

I bought this foundation in the shade 'Cool Vanilla' after I had been colour matched at the No7 counter but it was too dark for my skin tone.
The foundation settled in creases and didn't stay on my skin for even two hours, although was advertised to stay on for fourteen.
It did cover my acne and made my skin look flawless for a bit, the pump really helped and had a nice creamy consistency.
I personally wouldn't buy it again,especially for £15.