April 19, 2014 | 833 users online

Shampoo - DermOrganic - Sulfate-Free Conditioning Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by MarilynLeigh

I love this stuff. It's the best sulfate-free shampoo out there. My hair is stronger from using this and the hair mask. It's not expensive compared to most shampoo of similar quality. The packaging is clunky, ugly, and the pump doesn't work when the product starts running out, but the product inside is great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I think I like the shampoo the most out of the line beside the masque because it is so super hydrating. It's very thick and very moisturizing. I do not feel that crappy dry feeling after I shampoo with this and leaves my hair feeling so clean and light.

I have very thick, coarse, frizzy, wavy/curly, and long hair that is a pain. I find it difficult to find shampoos like this. Free of chemicals and harsh sulfates, this stuff is the bomb. You don't even need much to wash your hair because it's so concentrated. Smells just subtle and leaves a clean smell that is not fake. LOVE this shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by ruru107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this shampoo because I was experiencing a lot of breakage, and I couldn't identify the cause. I've been using this shampoo for about half a year now, and I haven't noticed a decrease in breakage. Two other cons: it smells like a cheap 2-in-1 hair product, and the giant pump bottle is impossible to take anywhere. However, this isn't necessarily a bad shampoo. It cleans my hair well and makes it silky and smooth. I think I will keep using it, because it can't hurt, right?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by alexiezizka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very fine, waist-length blonde hair that is naturally straight, but also oily. I blow dry daily and fine that using a product designed to minimize oil dries my ends terribly. So far DermOrganic has reduced oil, while leaving my ends looking far from frazzled. My hair is left shiny and never weighed down. A lot of shampoos leave my blonde color looking dull and darkened, but DermOrganic has yet to have my hair look anything but it's best. I would certainly purchase again. For $15 for a liter at TJ Maxx, this was a steal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried many "sulfate free" shampoos over the past several months ranging from expensive to cheap and I can count on one hand the ones I truly like. With that said, this is one of them. The first thing that appealed to me are the ingredients that are NOT in the bottle: NO sulfates, silicones, parabens, gluten, dyes and salts. In fact when I picked up a bottle and read the ingredients on the back, I was surprised how short the list was and that the "certified argan oil" ingredient was near the top of the list instead of near the bottom.

This shampoo comes in a pump bottle, has a very thick consistency and because it doesn't contain artificial thickeners, I shake the bottle before use to get an even distribution. For my long, thick and medium textured hair, I use 3 pumps. It doesn't lather as well as other sulfate free shampoos. It lathers much less than the Pureology and L'oreal EverPure shampoos I had been using. Still, I find it cleans my scalp very well. It cleans it so well, in fact, it feels like using a clarifying shampoo but without the drying aspect. It also has a very "light" feel on the hair, if that makes any sense. When my hair dries, it is airy, feels very soft, shiny, bouncy and not weighed down in the least. It rinses easily and cleanly and leaves behind a fresh feeling as opposed to a greasy, waxy or heavy feel on the roots which some sulfate free shampoos tend to do. I can go 3 days in between without having to wash my hair again when I use this and even by the 3rd day, my roots are still non greasy nor flat.

I know some people said the scent is like that of a generic restroom hand soap and I agree. That was my first impression too but while using it in the shower, it also smells like toasted coconut oil (in my opinion). Nevertheless the scent isn't offensive and doesn't last long at all. I can barely detect it when my hair dries. The price isn't too cheap but not ridiculously expensive either. I got mine for $15 for 12oz. I didn't get the conditioner that pairs with it since the ones I have already work well with it. Overall I'm very happy with this product.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by kblack

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't pay much attention to celebrities advertising this or that, but when the stylists/MUAs of celebs in my age range post what works on their client, I pay attention. My fav celebs are a bit older than I am, and I know they're dealing with some of the same issues that come with older hair and skin.

I saw the stylist for a 61 year old actress tweet about products her client used, and one thing she noted was that her hair was always in good shape--she uses DermOrganic shampoo and masque before coming to the set. That was enough to make me curious to look up the line here.

Based on reviews and the tweets, I gave the line a try. I bought the huge bottles at Marshall's, then bought the travel sizes at Ulta. I keep the big bottles under the sink and fill up the little bottles for convenience in the shower.

Neither smells that great, but they work so well...my 50-something color-treated hair is growing, feels strong and healthy, and I can go 2 days between shampoos--unthinkable in days past. The texture of the products are...what they are. This isn't a sensually pleasant line of products at all. And yes, the rest stop hand soap smell comparison is accurate, and it can get clumpy. Still, it makes my hair look great and hold up wonderfully to blowouts, flat irons, etc.

The same source turned me on to "BlowOut" line products, and they smell great, so I can deal with the "meh" scents of this for the results I get.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Katejang81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted this product to work so bad. I have fickle hair. I have a lot of fine hair color treated that is wavy. My scalp is sensitive and dry while my roots tend to get oily. I have to be very careful what I use. I had been using Kirklands Shampoo and that was waaaaay better than Dermorganic. Dermorganic was ok for the first week then it started to leave my hair oily and greasy looking. I only used one pump,sometimes half a pump on my long hair. My hair just lies limp and looks greasy. My scalp even started getting flaky. This product just didn't work for my hair. I really had high hopes for this because of all the positive reviews. Luckily I was able to return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG shampoo. It works wonders for my hair (which is fine, straight, thick, and just past my shoulders). It manages to thoroughly clean my hair without stripping it. It also does not create build up on my scalp like most other shampoos. The product is thick but does lather for me. I use a full pump, which is probably more than I need to.
However, I must agree with previous reviewers that the scent is off-putting. It does smell like gas station hand soap. But the scent does not linger at all, so it's something I can easily get past, especially since the product performs so well for me.
I emailed the company to let them know how much I love the shampoo. They replied that if I supplied my address, they would send me samples of their other products. So, of course I did and a few days later received the Hair Care Try Me Sampler, the Skin Care Try Me Sampler, and a 20% off coupon. With customer service like that, I love them even more.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by allsmiles1220

Perfect shampoo. Easy on the environment. Smells so fresh and leaves hair feeling soft, clean, but not that rough squeaky clean. Only problem is the pump is a bit inadequate and it can't lock off for travel. Picked up for $20 at winners (1 litre) after regularly paying more online. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by hmhanke89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

First of all- I love this shampoo! I've tried other sulfate free shampoos in the past and was not impressed. I realize now that this is because I was still using products chock full of silicones, and the shampoo couldn't penetrate fully so I was left with flat hair full of buildup after awhile. The CO method didn't work for me, so I'm onto the CWC method with much success. Now, I use this shampoo 4-5 times a week, with my ends coated in Tresemme Naturals moisture conditioner, followed by either Suave Coconut/Waterfall Mist conditioner from scalp to ends. I then use a dab of diluted Coconut conditioner with L'oreal ever sleek cream serum and finishing cream. Everything silicone and sulfate free. This combo has made a total difference in my hair- it's smooth, shiny, bouncy, and my waves are enhanced. I'm loving this shampoo as part of my current routine! It lathers well, doesn't strip my hair, is color safe and available at a discount (got my 1L bottle at TJMaxx for $20; it's $30 at Ulta). No complaints here! :)