September 19, 2014 | 1034 users online

Conditioner - DermOrganic - Masque Intensive Hair

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by RainbowBowser

This stuff works wonders for damaged hair in particular. The protein content really does help with that sort of thing (fills in the gaps on hair strands). Otherwise its a great deep conditioner even if your hair isn't damaged, it has no silicones which I like, and the protein content is something to keep in mind depending upon your hair's needs (protein overload is not a fun thing).
Overall, would recommend to damaged hair and those whose hair likes protein.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by SherriLMakeupArtist

I recommend this masque to everyone. I use it almost every time I wash my hair, and when doing oil treatments or semipermanent dyes (such as blue or purple) I suspend those products in this for its excellent silicone-free slip.

PROS:
-Organic + vegan + NO animal testing (so you can feel morally good about buying it)
-Very moisturizing--contains lipids, argan oil
-Repairing--contains rice amino acids and grapeseed extract
-Silicone, Sulfate, and Paraben free
-Because it blends moisture and protein, it's a great "one size fits all" product for balanced, healthy hair
-Quite lightweight--I have thick hair but my sisters both have thin hair, and they say this product doesn't weigh their hair down much at all

CONS:
-Quite high price for a student or low-income person, but you can avoid that by 1: purchasing it by the liter (worth every penny!) or 2: purchasing it at Winners (Canada), TJ Maxx (US), or Marshall's (US).
-May have too low protein/amino acid content for people who REALLY need to repair their keratin bonds
-Sometimes with the liter bottles, the pump doesn't work correctly so you have to unscrew the top... this is rare though.

I personally love the scent, but some people may be sensitive to it.

Overall, I'd HIGHLY RECOMMEND this product! Although I have straight hair, I assume this would be great for curly-haired people too because of its moisture to protein balance.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by nealsam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff (and the matching sulfate-free shampoo) is the bomb! I did not try it when I had moderately healthy, single-process colored hair. I did try it after deciding to go lighter, which required removing the dark (aging) tint with a "bleach soap-cap", which in this case vas painted and heavily coated in foil, and heated to lift, then wash out the old color (after about 1 hr w/ bleach on). Then it was re-tinted a pretty, lighter brunette. The stylist did a good job, but he lifted it quite a bit more than necessary (which damaged it more), and now I have fried hair. Back to product: this is the ONLY product that has done wonders to restore my hair, help close the cuticle, and help with the nightmare tangling. Every third wash I use a Joico 3.5 PH conditioner that is more focused on moisture, than restoration. I don't know if this product would be too heavy if my hair was its undamaged-self, but now it is my savior. Highest recommendations, and I use only mid-high - to-very high end products. Note to those not attaining same results: 1. You MUST use the accompanying shampoo, and I have NOT found a suitable alternate. 2. You MUST integrate an intensive moisturizer in the loop. If my data are correct, reconstructive conditioners (like this one) will eventually dry out your hair if you do not use / alternate with an intensive, moisturizer. And, products these days frequently do not make it clear which family they belong in. A tiny, tiny bit of Argan oil massaged mainly into shaft and ends (and left in) does nor hurt either. Good luck, and thank you.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by maysundstrom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It ok but def not the best

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by beautynewbielbc

I wanted to love this based on the great reviews. After a few weeks of use, my hair was extremely dry and brittle. I concluded that my hair is sensitive to protein/keratin. I had to get a trim and it is getting better with some strong moisturizing products now. I did really love the smell of this though!! This will go into my trade pile!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by SeekingFor

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have dry, chemical processed hair and decided to try this after reading the reviews and trying to convert to more organic products. it's an okay, light conditioner not really intensive. i use coconut oil on the ends afterwards when damp.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by jaxxyp

I bought this after reading all the reviews ...it left my hair dull.it says to leave on for one minute can someone tell me what I did wrong please

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by LyndseyZ

It made my hair feel like straw! Used it for almost 2 weeks, and I just couldn't anymore. My hair felt terrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by allsmiles1220

Nothing untangles my hair like dermorganics. I have damaged ends I can comb through this no problem after a shower. I previously bought this off of strawberry net or cosmetics now, but I found a 1 litre for $20 at winners! (discount brand name store). Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I bought this with the shampoo and the leave-in oil in a pack. So far, I really like this conditioner and it is definitely doing good things for my hair. I would like to add that I am using this masque as my "daily" conditioner (as in, each time I wash/condition, which is 2-3 times a week), not as an infrequent mask in the traditional sense. (This makes me wonder if the daily conditioner would be too light for my very dry, damaged hair?) The masque actually smells a little better than the shampoo (which works great as well but smells like cheap handwash). I am actually able to get a widetooth comb through my hair without any detangler. The best part for me was, in using the shampoo and conditioner, I had almost no hair fall!! And this was the morning after I had my hair colored; my colorist is hard on my hair during the drying/detangling process, so I usually have significant hairfall for a few days after. (It's an Aveda salon, so the color is supposed to be mostly natural, so that shouldn't be the cause of the usually dramatic hairfall.) Anyway, the conditioner works great, detangles well and rinses out easily. I use a really large quantity, which will end up being a pricey habit, but I think it's worth it. One lippie off for the fragrance & I do wish it was just a smidge heavier.