April 16, 2014 | 1570 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Scunci No-slip Grip Evolution Opaque Jelly Ponytailers

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Myrahotchkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I should start my review by saying that when MUA asks you to list your hair colour and type, there should also be a scale of how annoying your hair is. Because mine is a 10 on the annoying scale.

I have very fine, flyaway hair... but there's a lot of it. It's not THIN, the strands are just fine. So I find it hard to keep it up in any sort of ponytail without the hairband slipping away from me throughout the day.

I usually wear my hair in a sort of "looped back on itself" bun using one hair tie. They always slip and I chuck my hair into another crappy bun several times throughout the day, eventually sticking bobby pins through it in an effort to tame it.

Just realised I'm rambling. Do yourself a favour and buy these because they do exactly what they say, they DO NOT SLIP. Awesome product. And so cute too!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by pinkqueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

FINALLY a band that will hold my super thick hair in place. I still use 2 though! For extra security. You have to take these off carefully as they do snag hair like rubber bands, but so worth it. I glacÚ always gone through the "thick" no ouch bands very fast because my hair is thick and the bands just stretch out and bust or fall apart quickly. Not these, been using for a few months and I have not ripped 1! Will continue purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Awesome!! I use the brown, black, or clear ones. The only hair ties I use. I have bra strap length naturally curly hair without much for layers. These actually stay in place put & don't snap or pull out my hair. I prefer these jelly elastics over the traditional ones! I quit using all others.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2014 7:11:00 AM More reviews by YCH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I canot believe anyone can use these !
I bought a pack last year asI was running low on my normal hair bands (is that what you call them ?) but these are exactly like putting an elastic band in your hair as my Mum used to do to me in the 1960s when it all gets tangled up and you end up cutting it out.
Was going to return them (even in the UK which is not easy) as I hated them so much, but found a great use for them in using them to hold brushes when I hang them to dry upside down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 4:53:00 AM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These ponytail holders DO work as advertised. I'm a runner with long, waist length hair and I admit, I was skeptical of the claim at first because almost all the holders I tried in the past just didn't hold up to the weight of my hair and the bouncing action of running combined. Most of them would slip down the middle of my hair during my workout. Well not anymore! With these holders, I can wear a mid to high ponytail during a 12 mile run and come home with it still intact without a single slip or sag. It really stays put and doesn't move! It takes getting used to since it doesn't stretch like regular elastic cloth holders do. Because of that, it also doesn't stretch out of shape. I haven't had one snap on me (yet) and I'm still on the first one even after 3 months of use but I take an extra with me "just in case" it does.

Getting this ponytail holder off does take a bit of work and requires some patience to avoid pulling your hair out in the process. It's not something you can just slide off the hair easily in one go like you do with regular elastic cloth holders because of the material it's made of. I have to basically ease it off slowly, unwinding each loop one at a time. Done this way I have yet to yank any hairs out. Highly recommended, especially for active people who can't keep their ponytails in place during activities.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I never thought I'd be writing a review about ponytail holders but... here we are. I had very short hair for most of my life and, now that it's long, I feel strange having it down because I'm used to seeing myself without hair around my face. Because of this, I wear my hair up pretty much very day and I go through ponytail holders like crazy. I bought a few packs of the Goody Ouchless elastics a while back and I've been plowing my way through those but they don't stay put in my hair and they lose their elasticity SO quickly. I saw these and thought they were gimmicky but curiosity got the better of me. They look like thick versions of the rubber bracelets I used to wear when I was a kid, they're even in the same bright colors. They don't pull at my hair, they don't slip, they don't lose elasticity... I just love them. They may have a tendency to snap - I haven't had this issue yet - but so do any other hair band. I am very pleased with these and will definitely repurchase. These are fantastic!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Artoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The good: These bands are fairly sturdy and come in a lot of fun colors. They are not unbreakable--I've had 3 snap on me, one while tying my hair and two when I went to sleep with a ponytail--but they are less inclined to snap than regular hair elastics, since they are a solid piece without a seam. They also don't lose their elasticity after a few uses, which is a definite plus, and they are indeed no-slip--I can tie a tight ponytail and expect it not to have loosened by the end of the day.

The bad: I have medium-fine straight hair. There is no way around this negative--these hair bands snag my hair. I've tried to be more careful taking them out, stretching the bands out and actually unwinding it from my hair rather than just pulling. If I am *extremely careful* I can expect to remove a band with minimal hair loss. Sleeping with a ponytail in, forget about it--the movement in my sleep will cause the band to create a sort of endless snarl that will HAVE to be pulled out. I've taken to tying a ponytail on the top of my head for sleeping, since that won't be disturbed by any movement in my sleep. Any sort of rolling friction will cause the band to catch onto a strand of hair. It's a shame because I really wanted to love these! I'd say that this product accomplishes its goal of "No-slip" a little TOO well.

Overall: Yes, I'd probably buy these again. The great performance just BARELY squeaks past the fact that usage of this hairband actually requires more focus and a deft hand than I'd care for.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by SweetSmellingToilets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely love these hair ties. I'm a competitive cheerleader with long hair and it's impossible to keep my hair from falling out when I do tumbling. These are the only ties that have been able to keep my hair in. Granted, you can't just pull the ties out of your hair like normal cloth ties but if you're gentler with removing these ties, it will never pull your hair out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Littlemissmeaghan

I think these hair elastic are the best choice I have ever made. What I like about them the most are the quality of them. I've had old hair ties that snap on me while I'm putting my hair into a pony tail. With these hair ties, I can keep my hair up for an entire night while sleeping on it and in the morning I wake up with it still intact. They come in nice colors and they look good just on your wrist kind of like a bracelet. They're durable and last way longer. I normally wash my hair ties just to keep them clean and unlike the fabric ones, these dry instantly because they're rubber! The only downside is it pulls out a lot of my hair when taking my hair down...it hurts like a regular rubber band but nothing I can really do. I think I've used the same one for 2 months now. They're overall amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by geektastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was really, really torn between 3 and 4 stars. 4 because I love these elastics - I have really thick, really long hair - and they have such a nice, tight, non-loosening grip! I can finally wear high ponies and buns again.

I love the look of a casual topknot, something I have never been able to do with traditional elastics because 1) the bun starts loosening and drooping within minutes 2) most elastics = 2 loops too loose, 3 loops too tight, which really doesn't work when you want to make a cute bun haha. But finally! I can wear a topknot again!

The only problem, and it's a really big one - they snap and break in DAYS. it is so frustrating. it's not even the issue of continuously replacing them... I'll have my hair done just so, and then in the middle of the day the elastic will just suddenly break. so annoying!

I'm not sure if I'd repurchase, unfortunately... the search for the perfect hair ties continues!