Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, olus (vegetable oil, huile vegetale), cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, candelilla cera (euphorbia cerifera wax, cire de candelilla), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, aroma (flavor)*, lanolin, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, cananga odorata flower wax, jasminum officinale (jasmine) flower wax, ammonium glycyrrhizinate, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza). May contain: alumina, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (iron oxides). *natural flavor

on 4/13/2015 5:04:00 PM

I tried this a long time ago and I couldn't remember if I liked it or not. I found it on sale for $6.70 CND and picked up petunia. I did think it was going to be really sheer, but its really really sheer like I might as well have bought clear lip balm for half the price. Also, as soon as I put it on I could remember why I hated it before: the bubble gummy smell is the exact smell that makes me carsick in the summer and when that fades you have a really have waxy smell like crayons. It does feel nice on the lips. I wouldn't buy it unless you're very pale, otherwise I'd just buy clear ChapStick for cheaper. Definitely smell it before buying

Firstly looking at the photo of this product you could be fooled (like I was) into thinking this lip balm is something special compared to the usual Burts Bees lip balms - it's not. That is just the outer packaging (a superfluous cardboard tube) making the product look a bit more glamorous than it is - inside is the standard size lipbalm. I purchased Honeysuckle which looked like a pale nude colour, in the hopes it would tone down my highly pigmented lips, but in a more easy going and natural way than a lipstick. In this respect it was a total fail - the colour pay off is so sheer that it makes almost zero difference. So that leaves just a lip balm - only it isn't very good at that either. I found it ultimately made my lips feel a bit sore and dry. Upon application there is a tingling sensation, so there must be an irritating ingredient in there. I have previously tried the regular Burts Bees lip balm and found that was not moisturising enough either. It could be classed as an ok product for someone whose lips are not sensitive and highly pigmented, except for the fact it is so overpriced. Almost twice the price of a regular lipbalm - and it really isn't anything more advanced than regular.

on 3/11/2015 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I was on the search for more natural looking lip colours, and kept being introduced to Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balms. So, I finally gave in, and purchased 3 colours: Rose, Pink Blossom and Sweet Violet. The colours are pigmented and show up pretty well on my lips, but I find that hotter environments allow for a more smoother application than in colder environments. The colours are very sheer on the lips, but they are not long lasting which is a bit disappointing. As for its nourishing properties, this product could have been better. I can get away with using this tinted balm on its own in hotter climates, but when the weather is colder and harsher to my lips, this balm is not my saving grace, and I notice my lips need a little more to combat the dryness. These lip balms are lightly scented and don't really taste like anything when I apply them on my lips. Despite me saying this product isn't long lasting or very moisturising, I still quite like these lip balms and will be repurchasing unless I find an even better alternative. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for nude lip colours or tinted lip balms with natural ingredients.

If you want an in-depth review of these Tinted Lip Balms, you can check out my blogpost:

on 1/27/2015 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have this in the shade Hibiscus, and I really like it. The colour payoff is great for a tinted lip balm and it's pretty moisturizing. The scent is pretty faint and it doesn't bother me too much. The only con I have is that it dries your lips out a little after it fades and the colour tends to just stay in the cracks of your lips, so exfoliation is a must before wearing this.

on 1/9/2015 5:31:00 AM

I have this in the color Honeysuckle,it's nude.I just started to use this more often and I can say it really moisturizes and made my my chapped lips soft and the way that can wear lipstick without my lips looking so damn chapped and dry! It has lovely sweet scent,but doesn't have any taste.So it's perfect for me and I like the nude coloring it gives,and lips do look pretty then.Got this cheaper,about 4£ from fragrancedirect.com,they have all kind of makeup stuff with low price.

on 1/2/2015 5:43:00 PM

HG tinted lip balm! Great for work- when I want some color on my lips- but I don't want to wear lipstick! Unlike the revlon balm stains and other tinted lip products this actually moisturizes my lips and doesn't end up drying them out! I have very neutral fair skin and light lips- so with a few good coats the color really shows up! I have pink blossom and Sweet violet and they are amazing!!

on 12/18/2014 3:51:00 AM

Great product, no taste, not sticky, but smell bad. Light but moisturizing balm, and i only need to apply it once or twice, every two or three days. Never thought i will find treatment like this! (I have tried burt's bees other balm, clinique, loccitane, tbs, palmer, nivea, etc, and nothing works on me) This one is very helpful. FINALLY, I can wear any lipstick that i like and feeling and looking good.
I am nc15, I have red dahlia the mlbb, and caramel daisy as a nude balm. I don't mind the price because this balm really does what it supposed to do, one thing i dont like about this is the smell.

on 11/29/2014 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is my favorite winter lip balm. It's packed with coconut oil, which goes a long way towards keeping my lips moisturized. There isn't much else in here, so it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. The tint is hardly visible at all on my pigmented lips, but if you have light lips, it should show through. It's a tinted balm, NOT a lipstick, so I have no problem with this. The packaging is weird and excessive. It's a regular lip balm twist-up stick, but it comes inside a cardboard tube that I threw out the second I opened the thing. There's no taste as far as I can tell, but it does smell sort of plastic-y. I have spotted these on clearance periodically for between $3.50 and $2, so I always stock up.

on 10/24/2014 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Love this tinted lip balm. Currently my favourite product to wear on my lips in the daytime and probably won't be going back to lipstick or lip glosses any time soon. I already have quite red lips which I am proud of so covering them up entirely makes it feel like quite a pointless trait but not wearing anything on my lips when I've got a full makeup look everywhere else feels weird. This is my perfect halfway point. I use it in red dahlia which matches perfectly with my becca beach tint in watermelon on my cheeks. Its a nice colour and love the way it transforms my lips. I'm not sure how long lasting the lip colour is since I've never really timed it and I like reapplying within small time brackets as it is also a nice soft texture and I find it a calming ritual. I find putting on a lip balm in public feels less vain than putting on a lipstick which is another bonus. I also like the subtle sweet smell which has become a very comforting aroma during my makeup routine. I can also say that it is good quality as a lip balm and I haven't experienced any chapped or dry flaky lips since using it and my general lip texture has improved, they're much more plump and smooth. Although I never have gotten into the habit of using a lip balm before this so probably working any random lip balm into my routine would make some difference. I'm not sure it would be quite as significant as this though.

on 9/16/2014 11:00:00 PM

My review is for the Hibiscus Tinted Lip Balm. The color looks natural so it's good for every day use but it is also very sheer so there is barely any difference when applied to my lips. The lip balm is on the soft and slippery side which may work for some people but I prefer a firmer texture. In comparison to the Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers, I find this lip balm to be far less effective in moisturizing and that my lips feel dry after using it. I'll finish this lip balm but won't be repurchasing.

Popular Lip Treatments