Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, olus (vegetable oil, huile vegetale), cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, candelilla cera (euphorbia cerifera wax, cire de candelilla), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, aroma (flavor)*, lanolin, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, cananga odorata flower wax, jasminum officinale (jasmine) flower wax, ammonium glycyrrhizinate, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza). May contain: alumina, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (iron oxides). *natural flavor

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this stuff. I have repurchased many different colors over and over and over again. It gives a very natural color to your lips and is super affordable. I have very dry lips - it could be more a little more moisturizing - but honestly for the prize it's amazing. Personally I don't want to shell out $20+ for a tinted lip balm (**ahem, Fresh**). I'd rather just layer this with something like Aquaphor.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

One of my favorite make-up products. It works fine as a lip balm but don't expect miracles. The air in my house is pretty dry during winter because of the heaters, so far no lip balm I've tried could prevent it but Burt's Bees came closest.

The best side of this product for me is it looks natural (even on my pale skin) while giving a color, especially in pink. It's pretty oily so you need to re-apply during the day. The scent is sweet too. I hope Burt's Bees continue to make it, I will definitely continue to buy.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought two of these, sweet violet and some light pink (its both sheer yet color is visible on my lippies) i really love the moisture effect it has. I use it in the summer but wont repurchase cause i love trying new stuff once i run out/hit pan.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love these! There's no scent and they make my lips so supple and healthy! The tint is sheer but still noticeable, they'll look different on everyone since they'll mix with your lips natural shade. Definitely my favorite lip balm. I apply it before bed often and can't get over how soft my lips will be the next morning.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought the hibiscus shade for SGD$16 if I'm not wrong , and that is crazy expensive for a lip balm. The colour payoff is really nice & natural, great for school (if your school doesn't allow makeup) . As for moisturizing, it's average: my lips feels moisturized for about 30 mins and I'd have to reapply the balm again. The ingredients are all natural so you know is good for your lips. BUT ... The scent is horrible! It's smells like plasticine :( Also, I wouldn't repurchase mostly because the price is way too high for a lip balm and I could buy better tinted lip balms from the drugstore :/

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I did like the sheer lip color, and the natural ingredients. The range of colors is lovely too - I was using Red Dahlia. This wasn't drying, but it wasn't very hydrating either - it seemed to just sit on top of my lips. Not bad, but not great. Burt's Bees lip balms don't work very well for me in general, so maybe it is an individual thing having to do with my skin/lips.

EDIT: I've tried out some other tinted balms, and I do think this one is the best, affordable, and easy to find. For extra moisture, I just use another lip conditioner beneath, but this has really grown on me :-)

Update: Sadly, I think this may have irritated my lips just like their Ultra Conditioning balm! I can't know without trying it again....but basically, the same thing happened - I felt a light tingling around the edges after putting it on, then for the next few days, I had really irritated lips. Too bad, because I really liked the sheer colors! I'm leaving it with a high rating, though, as I think most people are fine with these ingredients. Maybe the downfall with Burt's Bees is too many ingredients - they all look so good, but that increases the chances of getting an irritation/reaction to one of them - maybe all of that together is too much all at once for some folks like me, who knows.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this product, in the shade of 'Petunia', which is kinda like sheer-pink. The colour is really pretty, and it looks really natural. If you are expecting something that results a very strong colour in just a few swipes, I don't really recommend this for you. It might take sometime to roll the lipstick around to make the colour appears. The hydrating effect is really good, unlike other tinted-lip balm that immediately dries your lips after a few minutes of application. However, the only thing that stings me is the scent. I'm not sure if my tube is old, because I ordered it online, or if this is how it smells like... Well... Semi plastic, semi silicone and chemical. Would I repurchase this? Hell yeah, but probably right in it's shop rather than online store.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Love these and they are my go to. I often have one in my pocket because I can apply to my lips without looking. I love all of the colors I bought--many--except for the forest one, just looks horrible on me. I'm thinking about buying back-ups of my favorites hibiscus and rose. I have nothing bad to say about these; they have been the lip product I was looking for for a long time.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have been a fan of these tinted balms since 2011. Since then I have tried many higher end alternatives and other drugstore options (I.E Maybelline Babylips). To this day, Burt Bees is still one of my favorite formulas. I own all of the shades.

Petunia is my favorite for an everyday look, as it's a light warm pink. It looks very natural on my NC10 skin, but I imagine for the average person Petunia would be more suited for a smokey eye look.

Blush Orchid is the slightly paler, but much more cool toned, version of Petunia. This is a milky light pink with a purple undertone. Most companies seem to love putting a blue undertone in any light, cool toned pinks. Despite being warm toned myself, I pull off the purple undertones much better than blue. So Blush Orchid has my vote.

Pink Blossom is my 3rd favorite. I'd describe it as a medium pink with a blue undertone. I'm not crazy about the depth of the shade nor that blue tone. However I'll wear this on days where I'm not wearing much eye color or blush to perk my face up.

The formula is what sets Burt Bees apart from the rest. These are VERY moisturizing. I often reach for one when my chronic dry lips are chapped. The pigmentation is pretty awesome too. I liked the popular Fresh Sugar Balms everyone raves about. I even bought a few. Yet I prefer the Burt Bees version.

Word of advice - do not judge the colors based off the packaging. I suggest googling them beforehand to get more accurate pics as the packaging depicts a way off shade.

Obsessed with the Hibiscus. Looks absolutely gorgeous on my lips, and thought it's slightly greasier than I usually prefer, it's not bad. I'd stick with Hibiscus to add a cute natural pinkish-coral hue to naturally medium-shade lips. The new Zinnia color so far hasn't been too visible on my lips.

Popular Lip Treatments