September 16, 2014 | 1846 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Tinted Lip Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great tinted lip balm, and probably my favorite product to use on my lips. I have 5 different colors now and Pink Blossom (HG!) and Sweet Violet are my favorite. These are ultra moisturizing, have a nice slip to them and last very well considering they are not really supposed to be long wearing. When these first came out I was put off by the price, but now that I have been using them for awhile I think they are worth it. It seems like a very high quality lip balm to me, and I have yet to finish one up. I don't notice any scent or taste. They leave my lips super quenched and juicy looking. I reached for them more than any other lip product I own (other than maybe clear spf 15 lip balm). There are still a couple more colors that I want to get. The color line up has something for everyone (although I am bummed that Tiger Lily got discontinued - boo!). The only minor complaint I have is the packaging is a bit silly. But you can just toss the cardboard outer portion, so it's not a big deal. I will definitely continue to repurchase these as long as they are around.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by DisNicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Every other tinted balm can go home. So smooth, looks real natural (enough color but not too much), feels great on your lips. Actually does feel conditioning unlike other 'balms'. My only gripe is some colors. Like, I got the honeysuckle and I loved that, but then I got pink blossom thinking it would look how it does on the box but it looked more fuschia, not my thing. I just used it as a base for red lip most of the time.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Lschk

Tint colour: ROSE

Pros:
- Dpending on the colour- great glow and seems natural
-natural smell and no taste

Cons:
-a bit too expensive for a "lip balm"
-useless brown cartoon packaging
-simple lip balm stick packaging
-a bit too runny

Overal, i think this is a gerat product, however i do think the packaging is a bit useless, whether it be the cartoon outside or rthe really simple lip balm stick where the actual lip balm is held in.
I thibk the lip balm brings a gerat tint to the lips and lasts for aabout 1 hour.
It keeps lips moisturised however i do think it is a little too runny.

I would but it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by lovelovelife

I love this way more than Baby Lips! Baby Lips never stayed long (like 20 minutes LITERALLY) and tasted nasty. Burt's Bee's Tinted Lip Balm color is pretty decent (I just wanted a little red and not too much color), moisturizing, stays long (up to an hour or two if I don't drink anything), and has NO TASTE!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by cheelastar

I really love this product! I usually wear this first before applying my lipstick or wear it alone for casual occasion, because it has slightly tinted colour, mine is rose. Definitely will repurchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by beautybaby44

My mom and I both bought this in the shade "Rhubarb". It has amazing pigment, it is long wearing,and it's really moisturizing. I want to buy every shade. Great price and amazing quality. I will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by staci01

I bought this on a whim recently due to the cold weather wreaking havoc on my lips. This lip balm works great in moisturizing my lips and not leaving them feeling dry after it's worn off. It's a cross between a lip balm and lipstick leaning a bit more on the lipstick side. The shade, Blush Orchid, is a slightly pink mostly nude shade and I find that it is sheer enough that my lips don't look like I put a pale paste on. Exfoliation is a must if I wear this, as with all paler lipsticks/balms, but it lends a natural not overly made up sheen which is nice. Love the ingredient list, too. No funky weird taste from the oils in this which I appreciate. My only complaint is that I think it's a smidge pricey for a lip balm. I think I paid around $8 for it and then opened the tube it was in to find it was in a plain brown lip balm tube, like a Chapstick tube. Still though the product itself is nice and I'll be purchasing another one, in a different shade, in the future!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The Red Dhalia is my HG of Chapstick. Ok well almost. I really wish this had SPF. Very moisturizing. Nice feel too it not as waxy as Chapstick but not as sticky as lipgloss. This has plenty of color for me but I've only tried the darkest shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by eunoia93

Why I love it:
I love this product mostly because of the colors it comes in. I own hibiscus and pink blossom which are both GREAT MLBB shades for me. And UNLIKE say, Revlon lip butters or SUGAR tinted lip treatment, it's a lot easier to get an even / neat application without looking in the mirror (and in general). So it's super low maintenance which is what I expect from a tinted lip balm / stain type product.

Also, assuming the color suits you, it gives a completely natural looking finish but is still pigmented enough for noticeable color.

So, I just love the way it looks and how easy it is to put on. The color hibiscus is unique too and mainly why I'll continue to repurchase. I can't describe the color or find something similar but it suits my yellow-undertone skin really well. Pink blossom is a very natural looking pink on me in one swipe but if I build it up it becomes more "bubblegum" like against my skin tone.

Extra bonus is that it's paraben free and all natural (if you're one concerned about those things.
----------------

The cons (?):

The product comes in a standard lip balm / chapstick like tube, so not particularly glamorous looking if you like that sort of thing. Super portable though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by cloudsofviolet

I have Red Dahlia and Sweet Violet. They are definitely on the sheer side, even for tinted balms. I like this, as they tint my lips and brighten them up, rather than looking like I have product on my lips. Red Dahlia is a deep red with brown tones, and Sweet Violet is a bright rosy fuschia with mauve undertones. Red Dahlia makes my lips look like they are naturally red, and Sweet Violet gives a sheer rosy fuschia tint. * They are moisturizing, unlike a lot of other tinted balms and glosses I've tried.