December 21, 2014 | 1889 users online

Hair Treatments - Moroccanoil - Light

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Berty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a miracle product and I can't live without it! I've been using it for nearly two years. I've tried cheaper versions but they always make your hair greasy, so I always come back to this. I have quite a lot of hair but it's thin and very prone to frizz and feels quite coarse if left to nature. One to two pumps of this applied to damp hair or near the end of drying works wonders, it really does. Smooths, takes away most frizz, leaves it soft and adds/brings out shine. I add a touch more at the end if there's any frizz left, or smooth flyaway strands with John Freida Flyaway Tamer wand. Yes, it's expensive, but you only need a tiny amount and it lasts ages. Really can't recommend enough. The Light version is prefect for thinner hair, IMO, but I expect the regular one might be better for thick hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by innese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair drinks this. I have been using Moroccanoil treatment light for three months now and I can say for sure it contributes to my hair's health like nothing I've ever tried. My hair is severely damaged from bleaching it, and this really improves its condition instantly and over time. It tames frizz, makes hair stronger and elastic, cuts down drying time and makes my hair dry straighter which is great because these are the two reasons I blow dry my hair, so it minimizes heat exposure and damage which is essential for a damaged hair like mine.
At some point I couldn't allow my hair to air dry because it got out of control and turned extremely frizzy and unmanageable no matter how many styling products I'd used, but ever since this I can actually air dry my hair and it would just be wavy and pretty like nature intended. It also helps me comb my hair much easier and with a lot less breakage and pull outs (maybe one hair is left on my comb after I finish combing it).

However, since it sinks into the hair rather than coat it, I find it does little to smooth out the ends. even if I put an extra pump it doesn't make much of a difference, so it's not the all-in-one product I was hoping for. Also, one pump is hardly enough for me- I use it once to comb, moisturize and speed up drying time, and then again during or after I blow dry because it seems to vaporize, leaving me with dry looking hair that is hard to comb and sometimes also frizzy, so each time I wash and dry my hair I have to use 2-3 pumps, which is a serious con since this product is quite expensive. I have a 200 ml bottle and I went through 1/3 of it in three months.
This is a fantastic treatment that I highly recommend, but I will be trying other hair oils as well to see if they meet my expectations better. Right now I got my eyes set on the Macademia nut oil.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My hair is very fine and oily. It's so oily that if I don't wash it every day, it looks like I stuck my head in a bucket of cooking oil. Why on Earth would I use anything with "oil" in the name, you ask? My stylist uses this on my hair and it smooths it out and gives it incredible shine.

Thinking that my stylist uses some sort of Jedi hair mind trick to get my hair to behave, I was a little skeptical, but decided to try some Moroccanoil Light at home. While I can't blow out my hair as well as she does, I have to admit that the Moroccanoil really softens my hair. The smell is wonderful, too, which is a nice bonus. The best part: it doesn't make my hair any greasier or limp.

A little goes a long way--with 2-3 pumps of this, my hair is shiny and soft. It's on the pricey side, but a bottle will last a long time. If your hair is fine and oily like mine, don't get hung up on the name or the fact that this is an oil--it's worth a try!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Olive444

The entire MoroccanOil line is truly a god send. The moroccanoil oil treatment was the first product from this hair care line I bought, almost 6 years ago, and I haven't gone without it ever since (nor would I ever want to). Since I have fine hair I use the "light" version of the moroccan oil treatment, and it works amazingly. When first trying it, I didn't care too much for it as I didn't know how to properly use it to get the optimal results, so I was using to much and at the wrong time on the wrong areas of my hair which would cause a somewhat sticky or greasy feel. Anyone who claims that they don't like this product, or that it is ineffective and a waste of money is 110% just using it wrong, because when used correctly as it is intended to be used, this product is a MIRACLE worker.

I find the product works best if used after towel drying hair and before blowdrying. It seems like it is making your hair sticky when you first apply the product, but after blowdrying, or even just air drying (it works great either way), you are left with amazingly soft, silky, shiny, healthy, deliciously smelling hair. After I blow dry my hair I usually straighten it and then reapply the moroccan oil again after I am done. (You don't need to do this as your hair will already be sexy and lustrous, I just love the smell so much :) ) It also works great in taking care of frizz and little flyaways. It is a little pricey, but a bottle will last you a very long time since you barely need to use any, less is more with this product. One regular sized bottle (3.4 fl oz) lasts me close to a year, so the price really is not an issue; in fact I would consider it a steal for the results you will get from it and how long it will last for you.

It also works great on days when I am too lazy to blow dry and straighten my hair, and want to let it air dry naturally. If I do this without using the moroccan oil treatment, my hair is super frizzy and not too appealing to look at or feel, but with the moroccan oil it is a complete 180 turn around; I am left with soft, shiny, non-frizzy wavy natural hair that I now get compliments on! Thanks moroccan oil! Another thing that this product is great for is using to reverse the dull effect I get from the dry shampoos I use. I am a religious dry shampoo user, since my hair gets pretty oily pretty quickly, and I don't want to dry it out or fade the color by washing it every day, so I have found resolution in a wide array of dry shampoos. Although dry shampoos do work great, they tend to suck out not just the oiliness, but also every little bit of shine my hair has, which moroccan oil treatment works great to revive after using. The scent of this product is also heavenly, in fact they just came out with a moroccan oil candle which I will of course be purchasing as I cannot get enough of this delicious scent :) I wish they made it in a perfume! Well anyways, sorry for the super long review, I just had to express my love for this amazing hair treatment. BUY IT! YOU WON'T REGRET!!!!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by MissNolasco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Moroccan Oil treatments are really good for your hair and really good to restore moisture and shine in your hair. I bought this product in the hope that it would re-nourish my hair and make it healthy and shiny and it met my expectations. I reccommend it to those of you woth coarse hair, right after you get out of the shower, to untangle and add moisture to the hair, this way you will not break it when trying to comb/brush it. Great for making your hair healthy!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by lumer00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice hair oil for women with thin hair. For reference, I have very long, naturally auburn, wavy hair and have been using these products for six months. First, I use both the Morrocanoil Volume Shampoo and Conditioner. I turn the oil bottle over once against my hand so I have a tiny bit on my palm, and do the same again so I have two tiny circles of the oil on my hand. I spread this onto my hair while damp, concentrating on the ends and away from the scalp. This combination of products does a great job of keeping my hair as frizz-free as possible. I literally had no idea how pretty my natural hair could look before this. I used to blow-dry and straighten my hair every other day. The first three months after using this, I switched to only blow-drying and straightening once a week or on special occasions since I was so used to it. For the past 3 months, I have not used heat in my hair at all. I think that this product will work for some people, and won't work for others, that's how beauty products always are. I personally recommend giving the entire line a try for a few months before making a decision. I bought the hair oil from amazon and the shampoo and conditioner from a beauty store. Even then, I recognize that the price is hefty, and I also know that there are dupes for this oil out there that may be worth trying if the price is what is holding you back.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Astarael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have fine hair but lots of it. Always have issues with frizz & dry poofy ends, but an oily scalp. I own both the light version and regular version. This sure is light weight - I'll give it that - but it's not enough for my ends. Does next to nothing but adds a tiny bit of shine. Does not touch the frizz. The regular version is way better, imo, even for fine hair, if you're fighting frizz.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by HunnyBear12234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! It is expensive so I feel a little guilty buying it but the bottle does last a long time. I use one pump everyday on the ends of my hair which is very long. My hair is usually soft and straight but split ends are a problem and this product seems to smooth them out a little. It also smells amazing, main reason why I like it so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by hayleighlynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just used this today and wow my hair has never felt softer!
I have bleached hair and this stuff makes my dry brittle ends super soft!
Only con is the price but in the end its worth it since you only need a tiny bit each time. The scent is very pleasant as well.
Oh and it doesn't weigh down my fine hair like other oils which is a plus!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by gnomechomsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this oil! I am obsessed with the smell of argan/moroccan oil and have used this on my hair for about a year now. I originally purchased the Light version after a stylist recommended it to me, since at the time I was blonde and my hair is extremely fine. I love the way this moisturizes my ends while making my hair shiny and healthy, not oily, greasy. It is hard to find products that don't completely flatten my hair. I have naturally wavy hair, but this works great before I straighten it (or on lazy days I dab some of this on and spray on some Bumble beach waves and let it air dry). I do find the claim that it cuts hair drying time true. My hair retains so much water when I wash it that it does take forever to dry. This does help speed up the process. The pump is great (except for when traveling its a mess and I use separate container) and you get tons of product. I'm not even half way through the bottle and I use it almost every day.