July 24, 2014 | 1860 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Coco Shine - Boy

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Mekkogirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Too subtle, and perhaps for the very young girls on your shopping list. A first lipstick?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

I'm surprised everyone says this is the most popular and universally flattering lipstick that Chanel has. Maybe because it's easy to wear and sheer enough to go with everything/everyone.. For me I need something with a little more dimension or color. I like it somewhat but prefer light pinks-or if I'm going with a sand it needs to be a real sand with brown or pink strong tones.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2014 2:25:00 AM More reviews by zvirbalas

Dries out lips like crazy :( not worth the money at all though the colour is great, but its not that great lip product when applied :(

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Nikki08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Such a depressing tube of sadness for me. I want to love it. I love lipsticks, I hoard them. But even the collector in me just couldn't get excited. Honestly a revlon lip butter feels better than this to me. I swear I can feel the shimmer on my lips and it gives hardly any color at all on me. I hate ripping on a darling favorite of everyone's but I feel like this is all hype with no substance.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by lithia

This lipstick is so gorgeous! The smell is amazing too, it's slightly floral which is a nice change from MAC's signature vanilla smell. I used to use MAC Marquise D' as MLBB but this matches my reddish lips even more perfectly and the consistency is so smooth. Only issue I have with it is that it doesn't last very long through drinking coffee or anything, so unless you're not really doing much with your mouth you'd need to reapply quite often. The price is a little steep, but it's so beautiful. I need to find a dupe for this now, haha.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by A88A

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Boy is the first lipstick I've ever finished in my entire life. I'm not even really sure what I like about it so much. It's definitely not a special color in the tube, and it lasts all of half an hour, imparting the illusion of moisture without actually moisturizing my lips. I tried to find a dupe for it in a better formula, and while Guerlain's Shine Automatique in Mi Mai came very, very close, it was no cigar. I like Mi Mai in its own right, but it just isn't Boy. Boy tints my lips the most subtly youthful, fresh shade of pink, and the understated shimmery finish makes my lips look bigger. I can also apply it without a mirror, which I've done about a billion times when I've needed to pull myself together in two seconds flat. Even if I accidently go over my lip line, it just highlights my cupid's bow and the contours of my lips, creating a fuller pout. It's also my very favorite lipstick to use with a smoky eye. I gave up trying to dupe it, and bought another tube, also making it my first lipstick repurchase. I *should* just give it the full 5 lippie rating, but it really could be more moisturizing, and I feel stingy today.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by harrisonfjord

This applies more like a balm than a lipstick. I actually love this about the product, but it could be a problem if you are looking for something more opaque and longer lasting. Very moisturizing and applies smoothly. I love wearing this on special occasions, but it is a great everyday neutral lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Ispania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally I got my HG lipstick, which I have been looking for a long time.
On my well- pigmented lips it looks that there is nothing or better to say smth which is so organic and neutral.
I was afraid it would be pinkish or berry-like. It does look like this on some pics of the beauty bloggers but on some girls it looks exactly the way I like. It does depend on lip pigmentation.
It's very hydrating and buttery - bonus for winter time.
This lipstick is on expensive side for me - 34$, but it worth every penny and while I will not be able to try all of the colors but I will splurge for one more which I spotted.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by samanthaxmariee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my all-time favorite lipsticks, and I use it multiple times per week. It was my first Chanel beauty purchase, which I was very excited about considering the beautiful black and gold tube with the Chanel logo on the top feels very extravagant.

The application of this product feels wonderful. It goes on like a balm and feels like a balm. It gives a nice wash of pink to my lips and makes them look naturally shiny and full. It's the type of product I can apply without a mirror and it still looks perfect. Also, it smells really nice! The downside of this product is that it doesn't last very long, which honestly I didn't expect it to considering it's from the Rouge Coco Shine line and is meant to be a sheer wash of color rather than opaque and long-lasting.

Overall, I love this lipstick and carry it with my wherever I go. It is perfect to wear on natural, "no makeup" days. I would certainly recommend it to a friend, and I will absolutely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 4:14:00 AM More reviews by lil_kismet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually steer clear of lipsticks most of the time because my lips are often dry and most lipstick formulas accentuate the dryness of my lips. However, this is one of very few I've come across that doesn't do that no matter how dry my lips are. I love the nude pink colour and it is opaque on my lips with a couple of layers. This formula wears so incredibly comfortable on my lips. I find it to be very moisturizing and it feels light on the lips, like that of a lipbalm as opposed to a typical lipstick. Boy has been my everyday go-to in the last few months. It goes great with just about any makeup look I do. I do wish it had better staying power though for the price.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No