L.A. Girl PRO Conceal HD Concealer

4.1

Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Beeswax (Cera Alba) Stearyl Dimethicone, Isododecane, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Glyceryl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Oleate, Mica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Chamomilla Recutita Extract, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Hyaluronate, MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides, (CT 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in three colours. The orange corrector (like NYX's, but in a liquid form)
Cool tan (if you are mixed race-yellow toned/tan, pick this up!!) and medium beige (same again, if you are mixed, its just slightly lighter, if I want a little under eye glow)

The products performance:
I am a person with TERRIBLE dark circles and dark scarring, so it wasn't as full coverage as i'd need, but it is a good concealer if you don't need that. (Hard Candy's Glamoflauge is better at that!!!) It lasted 6 hours before I saw it starting to fade a little, so pretty good! All in all...It was okay.. I prefer NYX's orange correctors as its more vibrant, and cancels ashy tones but this is a good substitute if you can't find it/afford it, and you can't really say no with these prices, especially from Ebay!

on 6/21/2015 3:56:00 PM

HOLY! I never believed this was a dupe for my loved MAC Pro Long Wear Concealer, but I wanted to try it out because of the raves. I have to say, this is similar to the MAC concealer, and for $4, it is a fairly good dupe (I don't think it is a dupe for the NARS concealer though). The MAC concealer provides a tiny bit more coverage and the lasting power is better, but it is slightly more drying. This LA Girl concealer gives solid medium coverage and is build-able. It doesn't look cakey, and it isn't drying. I use it for my under eye circles and I really love it. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. I cut off the brush tip and I wish it just came as a regular squeeze tube. I use Creamy Beige, and I use NC 30 in MAC.

on 6/15/2015 4:22:00 PM

This concealer is HIGHLY hyped up. I was so excited to get it and I was VERY disappointed.

I bought this in Natural and Classic Ivory and they both look SO PINK. It sunk into my fine lines (that I didn't even know I had) under my eyes. It didn't cover really well either..it thinned out when I tried to blend it out. The brush is not very good at all, definitely need to squeeze it out first and use a sponge/brush to blend it out. Good thing it was cheap because now I'm stuck with two tubes that I will never use.

on 5/26/2015 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought Toast for contouring and Creamy Beige for highlighting. For contouring, its fine. The texture is very creamy hence its easy to blend.

But I have a huge problem with this being a highlighter and concealer. Not only it doesn't conceal well, It sinks into my pores! I was absolutely aghast when i came to work with dark circles still visible and little dots of cream in my pores. It even shows fine lines under my eyes which i didn't know existed!

In terms of longevity, its OK.

I really hate the packaging. I usually ended up squeezing too much. And sometimes the cream and water content tends to separate. So when I squeeze the tube, water actually squirts out.

Anyway, thank god these were cheap. I'll stick to my MAC.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: Forgot to mention that i also bought Pure Beige which is very close to my skin colour (nc30) for concealing my dark circles.
However i ended up with greyish looking under eyes!

on 5/21/2015 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Wow! What a GREAT find! I really don't have an issue with dark circles so I basically use this concealer for highlighting only. It's amazing! I use Fawn and Almond. A little goes a long way, they are easy to apply and does not crease/cake. What more can you ask for in a concealer. Oh, did I mention that it's dirt cheap? $2.50 ea, pending on where you buy. If your local BSS doesn't carry it you can buy on eBay. No need for the pricey MAC conceler, LA Girl is the truth!

on 5/20/2015 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love it. I usually use the Mac prolong wear NC45 but with la girl I can use Fawn, Or Toffee ( because those two are pretty similar) and mix it with pure beige or even warm honey for a highlight. I love it cause it can be used in so many ways. I use chestnut and dark cocoa for contouring. I pair it smashbox's foundation and it all blends so great.

on 5/19/2015 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I really love this concealer! They are my go to concealers at the moment and will be for this Summer because they give a really creamy, radiant highlight for me. The consistency is really nice and it's similar to (like I've heard others say) Mac Pro Longwear Concealer. I personally think it's a tad bit stiffer, atleast to me it is. I purchased three shades, one to highlighter, contour and for my same skintone. In the colors fawn (closest I could find to my skintone/ NC42-NC44/45), dark cocoa (contour), and pure beige (highlight). I'm extra when it comes to highlighting and contouring so you definitely don't have to go as dark or light as I did if you have a similar tone. Dark cocoa is the 2nd darkest shade LA Girl offers I believe and pure beige is about the 6th lightest shade (before they brought out the two newer light shades). Overall I am for sure going to buy these concealers over and over again. They are really great especially for the price. If you aren't in to buying mid/high end makeup definitely give these a shot, I'm sure they work better then some higher end brands. If you know how to BLEND you will have a BOMB highlight/contour. It's important to have a good blending technique with these, like I said they are a little stiff especially if you allow these to sit on your face for awhile.

on 5/18/2015 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This concealer works amazing !!! Blends well and covers up my dark circles really good , and the price is so cheap u can't complain about that! I will def be repurchasing

on 5/18/2015 4:26:00 AM

I love love love this concealer. The color I have is quite peachy undertone (I am yellow) And I found it really helped cover the dark under eye circles. It isn't very thick and doesn't crease. The only annoying thing is the packaging, it takes a while to come out the tube. I have to keep squeezing and its really annoying but 100% worth it once its out :)

on 5/17/2015 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE, love, LOVE this damn concealer! I am (usually) an NC30 and I can use natural or medium beige for concealing spots or blemishes, creamy beige for highlighting, and warm honey for contouring. These are extremely easy to blend out and do not ever apply or look cakey (although they are quite thick). Although I wouldn't go so far as others in stating these are an exact match/dupe for NARS or MAC pro long wear concealer though, however, IMO I like this more than the MAC but not as much as Nars. But for $28 vs. $4 I think I'm gonna stick with the LA Girl ones from here on in.

The only cons I personally see with this product are that A) I am not a fan of attached application brushes for sanitary reasons and B) they need to be ordered online (or I have never seen them in a drugstore at least). These aren't major turn offs though considering the price. Another con to some might be the cheap @ss packaging/design - that doesn't bug me at all though.

I suggest scouting out the best prices for these online and grabbing a bunch to try out and mix and match/play around with - I have seen them as low $2 which is crazy cheap for such a great product!

Top Rated L.A. Girl Products