April 23, 2014 | 1728 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue, Glitter Bonding Eye Shadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by makeup9111

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG! This stuff is amazing. I bought a baked micro-glitter eyeshadow palette by Sephora and could not get it to say on my eyes for nothing, it wouldn't even stay on my eyeshadow brush! I resorted to patting it on my lids with my finger for any color to show up! The SA at Sephora suggested this, and omg, the colors became pigmented and STAYED, there was almost no fallout. I will forever use this!
Since you only need a tiny amount, the tube should last you for a long time, so it's worth the price.
I start with MAC Painterly then add the Glitter Glue and finally whatever sparkly shadow I'm in love with, and I'm done, no touchups, just shimmery pigmented beautiful eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Megzilla30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING! I love glitter shadows but hate the fallout all over my face. This stuff does the job! I had pushed my glittery UD shadows to the back because I just was sick of the mess,I just got this today and tried it with one of my UD shadows and WOW,it really works!
Now it doesn't 100% prevent fallout when applying but it's very minimal. I find it very easy to blend my shadows on to this primer,I created a beautiful,glittery smoky eye in a matter of 10 min.
I also own the original Too Faced primer and love that as well. These products do not disappoint!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a must have product if you use glitter shadows! I am able to use my glitter heavy UD shadows (Mowie Wowie, Midnight Cowboy, Grifter) without any messy fall out! Be warned, this is not your average primer, you will not be able to blend over it! Glitter Glue does not play nice with regular shadows. I usually use my regular primer over my entire lid, then apply my crease and highlight shadows, then pat a tiny bead of GG onto my lid and press my glitter over top of it. Works like a charm, and I am kicking myself for not buying this long before now!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by lisaxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this for glitter. And that is what I bought it for. I do my makeup with regular primer and then do a thin layer of this, wait about 30 seconds for it to get tacky, apply your glitter and forget it. Your glitter will. not. move! It's amazing!

I attempted to use it with regular eye shadow. But it was really grabby and kept pulling. So product wouldn't go on smoothly.

Bottom line- amazing glitter primer! You only need a little bit to cover your eye. And it holds your glitter all day! Love love love!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Sandylynwalker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Too Faced primers are amazing, I'm a big fan of the regular formula and use it every day. I tried out this formula as I use almost exclusively shimmer shadows (ex: Urban Decay, Too faced, other high-end shadows) and was hoping this would help out the shadows that don't seem to grab as well and emphasize the ones I use everyday. I DO recommend this for straight glitter or heavily glittered shadows, but I do not recommend this for everyday shimmer/light glitter shadow use just because it's a bit too sticky for those shadows, so they don't seem to blend as smoothly and it doesn't help maintain the vibrancy of the pigments as much as it does keep glitter on your lids. Still a great product, but not for everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by BrittanyRMUA

Amazing product, that's all there is to it. I used to hate mineral colors and pigments for my eyes before I got this stuff. It sticks the pigment to your lids, and it makes the pigments look intense. It's a bit thick but much easier to work with than pixy epoxy, much better in my opinion. What I do is apply the regular TFSI all over my lids, then take this and just apply this to my lid where I normally use pigments for the color pop. Lasted over 8 hours without budging, just make sure to blend it out well and don't apply more than a tiny bit. A+ product

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by jesstrixie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've never spent so much on so little, especially for a primer product, but it was definitely the right decision. This product is amazing. I've been using it just as a regular eye primer and my shadow and liner don't budge, smudge or crease all day. Can't wait to try it with glitter. I will definitely buy it again, it's worth the price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by becktasm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's all been said. Bless this primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by carly666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I could never find a good glitter primer.. Until I found this. I can dance all night, sweat, rub my eyes and this will not budge! I use a lot of coarse glitter and this stuff smooths it on perfectly. Pricey but I will totally repurchase! I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

YES, YES YES and more YES. This is truly a MIRACLE product! I am beginning to love Too Faced more and more, because two of my favorite make up products of all time (this and the Chocolate Soleil Bronzer) are created by Too Faced. I am originally a "drug store girl", I am ballin' on a budget as they say. ;) Lately, I've been saving up my money and getting more hours at work, and I've been able to splurge on these products I've been drooling over for ages now. I am still faithful to my drug store products but I do believe there are certain make up items that are well worth the extra money because of their high quality and performance. Anyways, I LOVE glitters and pigments and anything sparkly/shimmery. Naturally, that is going to be a recipe for major fallout. I have been on a manhunt for months now for a glitter glue. I have tried Sally's Gel (the 99cent one) and it worked like total crap. It works decently for pigments, but it's kind of weird to work with and totally doesn't keep the glitter in place whatsoever. I then moved onto Hard Candy's Showgirl Glitter "Glue". It's definitely not a glue by any means and definitely doesn't prevent any type of fallout whatsoever. Defeated, I gave up and as a last resort I began to use my lash glue. I hated it because the texture was super obvious especially over eyeshadow, defeating the purpose all together. Even then, there was still some fall out and I honestly just gave up all together.

Somehow, God smiled upon me and I stumbled upon this Glitter Glue! uh, THANK YOU Jesus. Seriously. This is like magic in a tube! I definitely wouldn't ever use this as a regular primer, and I would use my Paint Pot or UDPP first, and then put on my eyeshadow like normal, especially my crease color and once my look is complete I would get a very small amount of this, carefully pat this onto my lid (do not rub if you have eyeshadow on, it will obviously destroy your color) and pack on that glitter! I prefer using my finger just so that it really sticks to the glue and to minimize fallout. I didn't know that I could have beautiful glitter eyes ever again. I had lost all hope, until Too Faced restored it. For 20$, this is pricey but it is a very rare product and it is so useful! Plus, this is probably going to last me ages because I obviously don't use glitter or super loose pigments every day. Go buy this!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No