October 25, 2014 | 896 users online

Moisturizers - Complex 15 Therapeutic Face Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2014 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this for fifteen bucks at the Superstore a few months ago. I've had to give up impruv cream, too heavy and I suspect cheaper formulation. It really was irritating my skin.
I tried Olay for Sensitive skin moisturizing lotion, but it was still too rich. I picked complex 15 up because I figured what did I have to lose.
I've used it on and off for a few months. It does not irritate, but contrary to it's oil free claim touted on the package-both squalane and caprylic diglycerides are oil derivatives. Still considered oils.
This cream while light, sometimes aggravates my KP on the sides of my face and clogs a few pores. No big complaints. Will continue to use til I find something better
***UPDATE*** I have stopped using this. I found after a week of exclusive use I was getting clogged pores and pimples.
I'm trying out Cetaphil Moisturizing lotion now, and will review in 3 weeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by LipstickLesbian27

This moisturizer calls to mind Goldilocks, in search of the right porridge; this product is not too heavy, not too light, but juuuuust right, for my needs at least. I have VERY acne prone skin, so my face gets oily even a couple of hours after using a face wash. But it is also January in southern Ontario, and everyone's skin is cracking to hell. Complex 15 is perfect for me in the winter, because it isn't greasy and soaks into my skin fairly quickly, but it also seems to be strong enough to allow my skin to hold up during those abrasive -20, windchill days. It hasn't broke me out either, and has actually helped prevent my acne spots from drying out and cracking against my skin. However, I don't think this moisturizer will be good for the summer, which is why I took a lippie off. I travelled to India this December and when I used it there, it did feel greasy and didn't soak into my skin as well, so I bought an Indian brand moisturizer that worked much better in that climate. The weather in Chennai, India is above 30 celsius all year round, but in southern Ontario it is only that warm 2-3 months out of the year if that, so I don't mind that this product isn't good for that time of year; my Indian brand should get me through. :) The price of Complex 15 seems to be competitive with or cheaper than any other moisturizer I've looked at in my area and online, so I don't have any complaints about how much I'm paying, relative to this product's performance.

Overall, I believe that this is a good lightweight moisturizer for acne-prone, oily skin, particularly in the winter/cooler months. But if you live in a climate that is hot + humid most of the year (lucky duck!) I would suggest going with a product that is going to perform better in that weather. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by booyaga

I love this lotion. Get this if you are looking for a hassle free moisturizer to use after cleansing and toning your face. It's gentle and does not irritate my skin or cause breakouts. It's not suuuper moisturizing, which I don't need, I just need a simple moisturizer to keep my skin from being dry. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by gunzarelli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Was hoping to find a good, unscented lightweight moisturizer without the Bioderma Sensibio (which I love for winter) price tag. Aaaaand.....Nope. Not for me. Clog and acne-prone, sensitive, dehydrated skin? STAY AWAY. Felt nice and light going on, but dried to an almost waxy finish and left my skin tight and uncomfortable. By the end of the day the pores on my nose, chin, cheeks and forehead were ugly and enlarged, and this morning I woke up with major blackheads and a few whiteheads. Blech. Guess it's back to Bioderma. I even tried this as a hand moisturizer, and found it drying. Returning it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

I have acne prone skin, 36 so need to start worrying about wrinkles but I cannot wear anything too greasy due to my acne...I have been using this since 2008 and I adore it. So thin, non greasy, not thick and gloopy and doubles over as a nice mascara remover. I will always buy this. I switch back and forth between Complex 15 and Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. I am lightly brown skinned so I need it often so I do not have white patches on my face. My skin is a combo between oily and dry (which is extremely annoying) so this soothes me just fine. I took off a lippy because they keep on raising the price here in Toronto, Canada. I like it too for my hands, neck and legs.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 4:41:00 AM More reviews by tinaoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After having a bad allergic reaction to a makeup removing cloth, my regular moisturizer wasn't working. I saw this and just picked it up to experiment with. I was cynical but after the first time of using it, I literally felt my skin starting to heal from the scaly, peeling, puffy skin I was experiencing. I have acne-prone, sensitive dry skin so I didn't think a thin, runny face cream would work but there's something special in it that just repaired my skin. It's now silky soft and I haven't broken me out. It actually gives my skin a dewy look. I've been using this over a month and it is now my hg face cream!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Sereneness

Love this moisturizer. It is super lightweight and moisturizes my skin without making it oily/shiny. It's a very watery consistency and a little goes a long way. Dries very soon after application. I have had trouble in the past with acne and this does not break me out. I am buying some more to stock up!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Pyxxeestyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This DOES NOT moisturize!!!!!! I'm baffled by people this works for.... really dont get it.

Did nothing for my skin. at all. Its so mild it doesn't exist, how is it therapeutic???

Lotion is 10x worse. Gave me red welts.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by rojetor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is also known as Complex 15 Daily Face Cream in Canada, and this moisturizer has changed my skin. I am very acne prone, and break out to most face lotions. It's really annoying and frustrating because I have dry skin so I need to moisturize a lot. I never thought my moisturizer could be breaking me out, but when I switched to this some of my acne disappeared within a few days. This lotion doesn't leave a greasy residue on my skin, it soaks right in. Also, this is the perfect moisturizer to mix with foundation because it isn't greasy and doesn't smell bad. I do wish this moisturized a little more, but it's still a great lotion! If you are acne prone definitely give this lotion a try!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by breanagagne

I have the most sensitive and acne prone skin out there. I'm allergic to most moisturizers and lotions and I was recommended this product by a faithful user and she swears by the stuff. This stuff is amazing!! It's unscented and a little dab seriously spreads quite easily. Once it's on the skin its pretty watery but that makes it feel so much better when its on you. It makes my skin soft after applying it and I am very, very happy with this product. I will probably buy this forever.